Author Topic: Melania Trump Aparently Plagarized Section of Michelle Obama's 2008 Convention Speech  (Read 20705 times)

Offline libertybele

Your 'desire' here seems to be to squelch disagreement with Donald Trump.  (And I'm pretty sure you're not the arbiter of what is "worthy" and what is not).

The fact of the matter is, that the so-called "GOP" nominee is a corrupt;, vulgar, liberal Democrat whom no conservative with conservative values can in good conscience vote for.

We are not going to beat Hillary in November because we do not have a Republican opposing her.  We have her friend 'opposing' her, thanks to the thoughtlessness and cultishness of a minority of Republicans and a whole slew of Democrat crossover votes.

But go ahead and try to correct our bad behavior, Axel.  I'm sure the 8 other Trump loyalists love it that you're trying to silence the majority.

Just like Trump is trying to do....

Amen!  Mass corruption; Clinton style indeed!

#NeverTrump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Karma baby, Karma!  Perhaps Trump shouldn't have gone after Cruz's wife ... just sayin'.  While Melania is not at fault, this is very humiliating for her and the MSM is relentless.  Just another indicator that Trump doesn't have a clue.  Nor is his 'team of experts', so expert. Anyone still question Trump's chances of winning the general are slim to none?   He is a buffoon and his primary objective was to ensure that the Clinton dynasty continues.
The stalking horse phase of the operation is nearly complete. Now, efforts will shift into being outrageous enough to make sure there are no column inches or minutes of airtime left for any negatives about Hillary.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
I didn't say half the things I said.---Melania Berra.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and misapplying the wrong solutions.---Melania Marx.

Don't look back---something might be gaining on you.---Melania Paige.

Democracy is the fine art of running the circus from the monkey cage.---Melania Mencken.

It is this vast right-wing conspiracy that has been conspiring against my husband since the day he announced for president.---Melania Rodham Clinton.

Don't torture yourself, darling---that's my job.---Melania Addams.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

geronl

This is why no one's being fired.    Because she and Trump himself likely injected the cribbed language.  Matthew Scully is a well-known GOP speechwriter and would NEVER do something like this to jeopardize his career.

I don't think the Trump organization and the campaign are supposed to be co-mingled

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I'm not here to engage in your cynicism.

My desire for posting here is simple. Discuss how the GOP nominee can beat the Democrat and engage with thoughtful non-liberals. The convention is here, and Trump is the nominee. It's time to focus on beating Hillary and the Democrats. A good number of threads started here aren't thread worthy. Simply picking out an editorial from a known liberal source like HuffPo, Salon, WaPo, Politico, etc. with little to no commentary about it except "Trump sucks" "Herr Drumpf" (or some slight variation) is not a quality thread, and really is just a rally call for the troops to line up and start shooting.

There is a dedicated Trump Safe Space and a Trump Echo Chamber live convention thread here for folks like yourself to engage with 'thoughtful non-liberals' as you put it.

You can have your 'quality thread' there or over at FR where the entire board is a Trump Safe Space for you and yours.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.

This is why no one's being fired.    Because she and Trump himself likely injected the cribbed language.  Matthew Scully is a well-known GOP speechwriter and would NEVER do something like this to jeopardize his career.

Hmmm.  Really again sounding as if Trump is trying to hurt his own campaign to help Hillary.

Silver Pines

I'm not here to engage in your cynicism.

My desire for posting here is simple. Discuss how the GOP nominee can beat the Democrat and engage with thoughtful non-liberals. The convention is here, and Trump is the nominee. It's time to focus on beating Hillary and the Democrats. A good number of threads started here aren't thread worthy. Simply picking out an editorial from a known liberal source like HuffPo, Salon, WaPo, Politico, etc. with little to no commentary about it except "Trump sucks" "Herr Drumpf" (or some slight variation) is not a quality thread, and really is just a rally call for the troops to line up and start shooting.

@geronl

How often do you need to hear it repeated? Some of us refuse to vote for your liberal Democrat.  It's not going to happen.

Offline mountaineer

I hope you all know that I've never expressed one iota of support for Donald Trump. I'm embarrassed and appalled that he soon will be the GOP nominee. I fear for the future of my country.

Having said that:  why does anyone  give a rat's rear end about his wife's speech, which may have imitated a speech the Mooch gave (which was itself lifted from Saul Alinsky)? Seriously? This is all we have to worry about?  :chairbang:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Having said that:  why does anyone  give a rat's rear end about his wife's speech, which may have imitated a speech the Mooch gave (which was itself lifted from Saul Alinsky)? Seriously? This is all we have to worry about?  :chairbang:

Some think that this is just one more bit of evidence to prove that Liberal Left Big Government Democrats of the Obama/Hillary oligarchy have taken over the GOP.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
I hope you all know that I've never expressed one iota of support for Donald Trump. I'm embarrassed and appalled that he soon will be the GOP nominee. I fear for the future of my country.

Here's a reason to give a rat's rear end: the fact the the campaign allowed her to give that speech is another sign that the campaign is either incompetent or deliberately trying to throw the election to Hillary.
Let it burn.

Offline mountaineer

If the wife's speech decides the election,  there really is no hope for this country.

Offline RoosGirl

I think it's not really the speech itself.  If it were just one sentence that was similar it would be no big deal.  I think it is pretty clear that it's an almost word for word copy of an entire paragraph.  I am more intrigued about how such a thing comes about.  But, how it is handled is really the telling part.  She said she wrote it with minimal help.  Manafort doubling down on it not being copied.  Come on, just admit what it is and move on instead of outright lying to us.

Offline WAC

@WAC

You should probably listen to the clips of Melanis's speech overlaid with Obama's.  It's the same speech, and clearly lifted. 

As far as mindless goes, that would be the descriptor I'd consider for those who laughed at the vote being refused yesterday, as though it were a game, and as though the RNC didn't successfully grab power not only away from those who don't venerate your newfound king, but for the establishment in general for a long time to come.  It's funny now for those who can't think past Trump!, but in 2020 when the RNC screws over the grassroots again thanks to what happened yesterday, you won't be cheering.

Only a few days ago Trump said he wouldn't mind losing the Senate to Democrats.  He is my enemy as much as Hillary Clinton.  There is no difference.

And all the fan pics of Melania and her dress won't change that.

Catherine....I understand where you stand....we just have to disagree ow we see this....as for the speech...I haven't wasted time looking further than reported as....but if that's the case then I'd suspect whoever worked with her should have their heads more than examined.....and I would say that about any candidates wife if this happened.

You can hardly blame Trump for feeling dejected by the Gop...etc. and the RNC hasn't made it any easier for him....but he hasn't made it easy for them either.......none were prepared for Trump and many still aren't.....but I do think we'll see that change more and more....

For me you know where I stand as well...I will vote for Trump because he's way ahead of Hillary in being the closest to what I believe this country needs.....way ahead.

Offline Smokin Joe

If the wife's speech decides the election,  there really is no hope for this country.
It seems as if there is a notable component of the electorate voting for her ....looks.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

It seems as if there is a notable component of the electorate voting for her ....looks.
We can be certain that isn't why anyone would vote for Clinton.   :whistle:

Wingnut

Yeah but.....If she strips nekked and gives me a lap dance I would consider voting trump.  Hell I'll even tip her 12% if the service is good.

Offline WAC

In this one brief post, you have called everyone who listened to the identical paragraphs coming from Melania and Michelle "mindless" and "gullible" and "parroting a falsity."

And yet, that "falsity" is the absolute truth, @WAC and it is you who are ignorant of the truth.

Will an apology for your blanket ad hominems against honest people be forthcoming??

Or are you now such a devoted Trump-follower that you cannot apologize when you've been clearly caught falsely accusing innocent people??

I graciously stand corrected if this happened to her speech..but frankly it really doesn't matter what happens from here on in... Trump is till the nominee and it has nothing to do with being a devoted follower because I'm not, and those who care to know me understand that........I am making the best that I can out of the loss of my  candidate....and facing the reality that is...and seeing the positive in this man and his family...which does not mean I'm not blind to their style nor their way of approaching this election.

However.... I will not apologize for the continuous "mindless" and "gullible" and "parroting of falsehoods" and accusations being parroted on the threads regarding Trump and his family.....those who do so are no different then the bunch we got away from at Free Republic.....

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Yeah, totally rare and wrong. Nobody ever said a word about Governor Palin's looks did they?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

Yeah, totally rare and wrong. Nobody ever said a word about Governor Palin's looks did they?
I wasn't on this site, then, but yes, on TOS, they did. But then she had other credentials, too.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

I graciously stand corrected if this happened to her speech..but frankly it really doesn't matter what happens from here on in... Trump is till the nominee and it has nothing to do with being a devoted follower because I'm not, and those who care to know me understand that........I am making the best that I can out of the loss of my  candidate....and facing the reality that is...and seeing the positive in this man and his family...which does not mean I'm not blind to their style nor their way of approaching this election.

However.... I will not apologize for the continuous "mindless" and "gullible" and "parroting of falsehoods" and accusations being parroted on the threads regarding Trump and his family.....those who do so are no different then the bunch we got away from at Free Republic.....

You're not just 'making the best' out of the 'loss of your candidate."  You've become an attacker.

I understand, though I don't agree with those who feel they have to vote for Trump because he's the only alternative to Hillary (even though he's a fellow Democrat).  But what I don't understand is why you are here mocking rational people for being "mindless" and "gullible."  If anything is a "falsehood," it is that those of us who can't vote for a vulgar, corrupt leftist haven't thought about it.

You've become an enforcer of Trump-only mentality, and I see that as a complete change from the rational person you seemed to be when you first got here.

Maybe you're hanging with the wrong crowd...........

I'm not voting for a Democrat.  And I'm not voting for a man completely devoid of morals and character.

And I won't be persuaded by being called "mindless."  If anything your attack on this thread has strengthened my resolve to do the right thing.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Henry Noel

I don't know what's so special about her looks, unless it's a middle-aged woman in a young woman's body. Her face is nothing special, at least not to my way of looking at things. It's all made-up, like her husband's combover.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Gov Bean Counter

I don't know what's so special about her looks, unless it's a middle-aged woman in a young woman's body. Her face is nothing special, at least not to my way of looking at things. It's all made-up, like her husband's combover.

Wow. Scott Pelley as much as accused Pres Kennedy of stealing a line from Warren Harding (I think).
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
2 lines they say? Something like that?

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
2 lines they say? Something like that?

Ask President Biden what happened when he plagiarised a mere two lines from a Neil Kinnock speech
on the primary campaign trail in 1988.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 10:50:05 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.