Author Topic: Melania Trump Aparently Plagarized Section of Michelle Obama's 2008 Convention Speech  (Read 20606 times)

Offline Mechanicos

The end result of this is simple- failure to control the message.

It is stupid little mistakes (whether by design or incompetence) that can destroy a campaign. The media coddled the Trump campaign during the primaries because he was their bread and butter; they foolishly continued to think they would get the same coddling once the general election hit.

I can guarantee you, the first day after Trump is 'officially' the nominee, all hell is going to break loose with story after story after story from the one friendly MSM to him.

Don't say we didn't warn you.
And this would be different with another GOP running how?
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
They not only stepped in it, they rolled in it.

In fact, they Rick Rolled in it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KtzdP7mR-4
Let it burn.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Actually Pirate Newt fills in  when Trump can't be his own Baghdad Bob due to previous commitments...

Well someone had to take the place of John Barron.

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Wingnut

LOL!  He wrote all that himself, too.

There are a lot of words in the english language.  It is not unusual to find similar words used In Lord Trumps speeches that might have, or could have been used in another speech by some lesser political figure from the recent, or past history.

Online LMAO

As usual Trump is several steps ahead of the anti's. As is happening now, blacks on the left wing news are saying they saw this as honoring somebody they liked and see it as a positive. People forget that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. So the more its spread that she [OMG] "Plagerized" Michelle Obama, more people who like the Wookie see it as honoring her.

???
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I wonder if she would teach the schoolgirls on how to do a pole dance.

That dress was pretty in the front but viewed from the rear, it was definitely a slut dress.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online LMAO

I caught a little of this while at the gym this morning. Yeah, judging from the video, it's apparent she lifted quite a bit from Michelle Obama's 2008 speech. But is this really Breaking News as was flashed across the screen on CNN? I was in the gym for almost an hour and that was all CNN talked about. I know this is the kind of stuff the media considers important which is why their ratings are tanking

Has CNN  reported anything about the latest CBO report regarding our fiscal situation yet?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
And this would be different with another GOP running how?

Thanks for making a point many of us has been saying for a long, long time. Trump is no outsider or special. He is no different than the party establishment of both parties- he just started this cycle deal making with a different group, now he is back to dealing with the 'e' and acting no different than them.

Wingnut

That dress was pretty in the front but viewed from the rear, it was definitely a slut dress.

Someone give her a TeleFunken U-47...with leather please.

Offline Suppressed

@WAC
The comments on here reflect just how mindless people can be..... If the media screams Melania copies Michelle's speech edited for her by speech writers, then the gullible will parrot that falsity.

Now that Manafort has admitted parts were copied, do you apologize and re-evaluate, or do you double-down and claim he's wrong?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

As usual Trump is several steps ahead of the anti's. As is happening now, blacks on the left wing news are saying they saw this as honoring somebody they liked and see it as a positive. People forget that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. So the more its spread that she [OMG] "Plagerized" Michelle Obama, more people who like the Wookie see it as honoring her.

Tip for those who don't have Mech on ignore.  Just picture this after each post...

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline GrouchoTex

BS the part of the speech being discussed was plagiarized .

I don't disagree, it was lifted alright.
I am just saying a few tweaks that weren't straight out identical, and there would be no uproar now.

:beer:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 05:31:09 pm by GrouchoTex »

geronl

Trump camp already said nobody would be fired or disciplined for this travesty of a speech that Melania claimed to have written herself

Online Right_in_Virginia

Rational folks have moved on from this .... please, feel free to join us.

Besides, we love them still!   ^-^

Wingnut

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
I'm not blaming her, she is just reading what was in front of her. But it is a great reminder that when we hear the praise given her for the great speech she gave, that she is just reading.
I just saw this trending on Facebook, and I find it very humorous, if not typical of the Trump camp:

Melania Trump used “common words and values” in her Republican convention speech Monday night, Donald Trump's campaign manager said, blaming Hillary Clinton for alleging her remarks were plagiarized from Michelle Obama’s 2008 convention address.

Offline Mechanicos

Thanks for making a point many of us has been saying for a long, long time. Trump is no outsider or special. He is no different than the party establishment of both parties- he just started this cycle deal making with a different group, now he is back to dealing with the 'e' and acting no different than them.
It makes no difference in how the Media treats the GOP candidate. The rest you added without any basis.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Axel

Amazingly, Glenn Beck found a way to talk about this story for nearly 2 hours this morning.

Unfortunately people really eat this shit up. I'd love to see the statistics, but I have a strong feeling Democrats and NeverTrumpers consume the most Trump-related news. Liberals are particularly obsessed, and funny enough they never want to talk about their nominee, but rather all the things Trump says/does.
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot

Oh, well I guess that's why it's still clogging up my news and social media feeds then...

:bsflag:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Rational folks have moved on from this .... please, feel free to join us

Really? Is that why the only two "100" post threads today are on this topic?

More delusional tRump logic
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
..and yet, Rush has been talking about it for an hour, forty-five minutes thus far- even use the Joe Biden defense of 'eveyone does it' (I thought I wouldn't see the day Conservatives stooped to that).

Yet when Obama did it, it was 'scummy' [er Rush. http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/09/07/it_s_uncanny_obama_copied_jimmy_carter_s_convention_acceptance_speech_from_1980

That's a good sign of intellectual honesty on a topic- if you can change the name of the person involved and your values change, versus your values staying consistent no matter who is involved. Disappointed in Rush right now.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 05:53:14 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Axel

Really? Is that why the only two "100" post threads today are on this topic?

More delusional tRump logic

When you've got an ardent group of posters who dislike Trump, its hardly surprising a story that's critical of him and his campaign would rise to the top of the forum. T
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Online LMAO

When you've got an ardent group of posters who dislike Trump, its hardly surprising a story that's critical of him and his campaign would rise to the top of the forum. T

In 2 weeks this "issue" will be forgotten

Barry Goldwater

Offline musiclady

You mean conservatives and honest people who care about character?

Yeah.......... we've got lots of those here.

Sorry that it bugs you, Axel.   ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.