Author Topic: Melania Trump Aparently Plagarized Section of Michelle Obama's 2008 Convention Speech  (Read 20759 times)

geronl

More original Melania quotes

1. You can do anything, but not everything.
—David Allen
2. Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
3. The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.
—Unknown Author
4. You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.
—Wayne Gretzky
5. Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
—Ambrose Redmoon
6. You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
—Gandhi
7. When hungry, eat your rice; when tired, close your eyes. Fools may laugh at me, but wise men will know what I mean.
—Lin-Chi
8. The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.
—A. A. Milne
9. To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail.

These people stole their famous quotes from Melania, obviously

Offline musiclady

..and yet, Rush has been talking about it for an hour, forty-five minutes thus far- even use the Joe Biden defense of 'eveyone does it' (I thought I wouldn't see the day Conservatives stooped to that).

Yet when Obama did it, it was 'scummy' [er Rush. http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/09/07/it_s_uncanny_obama_copied_jimmy_carter_s_convention_acceptance_speech_from_1980

That's a good sign of intellectual honesty on a topic- if you can change the name of the person involved and your values change, versus your values staying consistent no matter who is involved. Disappointed in Rush right now.

I've been disappointed in Rush for a long time now.

When he decided to deep six his conservatism in favor of Trump, he lost me.......... probably for good.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
I bet TOS is either ignoring this story, or whining that the media are out to get Melania, totally ignoring that it's factually correct.
There are many threads already. And yes many of the arguments push tu quoque / whataboutism.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Oh, well I guess that's why it's still clogging up my news and social media feeds then...

I guess in a sense the liberal media and liberal social media feeds are acting rational---after all, no one's talking about Hillary and Benghazi, ISIS or Blue Lives Matter---are they?

When it comes to the liberal media their motives are clear. . . . .   

@Timber Rattler 

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Tip for those who don't have Mech on ignore.  Just picture this after each post...

Or if you you do have him on ignore, picture this for what you're missing.

geronl

When you've got an ardent group of posters who dislike Trump, its hardly surprising a story that's critical of him and his campaign would rise to the top of the forum. T

Only "nasty" people like honesty and integrity. Trump needs to ban those words!

geronl

"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" - Melania Trump

Offline LMAO

When he decided to deep six his conservatism in favor of Trump,

Hannity has done likewise along with the owner of Free Republic
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline RoosGirl

if you can change the name of the person involved and your values change, versus your values staying consistent no matter who is involved.

This is the part I cannot get past.  I don't understand the mindset of excusing one person for poor decisions and not excusing another person for making the same poor decision.  Have we become so frail that we believe that admitting to a mistake will be our ruination? 

Offline Henry Noel

In 2 weeks this "issue" will be forgotten

Trumped by a plethora of others that will have cropped up during that time.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline LMAO

Trumped by a plethora of others that will have cropped up during that time.

That's true
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline RoosGirl

I guess in a sense the liberal media and liberal social media feeds are acting rational---after all, no one's talking about Hillary and Benghazi, ISIS or Blue Lives Matter---are they?

@Timber Rattler

I could fertilize my garden with that.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The end result of this is simple- failure to control the message.

It is stupid little mistakes (whether by design or incompetence) that can destroy a campaign. The media coddled the Trump campaign during the primaries because he was their bread and butter; they foolishly continued to think they would get the same coddling once the general election hit.

I can guarantee you, the first day after Trump is 'officially' the nominee, all hell is going to break loose with story after story after story from the one friendly MSM to him.

Don't say we didn't warn you.
The MSM is going to make the slander/lie/smear campaign against Cruz look like a picnic. They're going to hit the Trump camp so hard so often they'll be bleeding out of their whatevers.  :2popcorn:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Who handed that gift to the MSM on a silver platter? At that, when the most important Benghazi speech was going on last night, Trump made a point to get in front of a camera and do interviews while that was taking place- thus interrupting the coverage of it.

Wingnut

"Have you found Jesus." 
"I didn't know I was supposed to be looking for him"  - Melania Trump

Online Smokin Joe

I caught a little of this while at the gym this morning. Yeah, judging from the video, it's apparent she lifted quite a bit from Michelle Obama's 2008 speech. But is this really Breaking News as was flashed across the screen on CNN? I was in the gym for almost an hour and that was all CNN talked about. I know this is the kind of stuff the media considers important which is why their ratings are tanking

Has CNN  reported anything about the latest CBO report regarding our fiscal situation yet?
Now, the GOP is going to run a candidate with a past that will absolutely permit burying all Hillary's misdeeds behind a WALL of Trumproversies. Reality teevee at its finest, column inches galore, twitter meat and potatoes, terrabytes of facebook...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

Rational folks have moved on from this .... please, feel free to join us.

Sorry, lost you in there somewhere...

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
"Have you found Jesus." 
"I didn't know I was supposed to be looking for him"  - Melania Trump

:beer:

I think ever single move of this campaign could have a Forrest Gump quote attached.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Silver Pines

Rational folks have moved on from this .... please, feel free to join us.

Besides, we love them still!   ^-^

@Right_in_Virginia

You "love" a politician and his wife?  Do you really?

Offline sinkspur

This is why no one's being fired.    Because she and Trump himself likely injected the cribbed language.  Matthew Scully is a well-known GOP speechwriter and would NEVER do something like this to jeopardize his career.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 06:53:53 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Who handed that gift to the MSM on a silver platter? At that, when the most important Benghazi speech was going on last night, Trump made a point to get in front of a camera and do interviews while that was taking place- thus interrupting the coverage of it.

EXACTLY! The truth is found in the fruits and actions of this cult of personality. 
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Axel

Only "nasty" people like honesty and integrity. Trump needs to ban those words!

I'm not here to engage in your cynicism.

My desire for posting here is simple. Discuss how the GOP nominee can beat the Democrat and engage with thoughtful non-liberals. The convention is here, and Trump is the nominee. It's time to focus on beating Hillary and the Democrats. A good number of threads started here aren't thread worthy. Simply picking out an editorial from a known liberal source like HuffPo, Salon, WaPo, Politico, etc. with little to no commentary about it except "Trump sucks" "Herr Drumpf" (or some slight variation) is not a quality thread, and really is just a rally call for the troops to line up and start shooting.

"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline libertybele

Karma baby, Karma!  Perhaps Trump shouldn't have gone after Cruz's wife ... just sayin'.  While Melania is not at fault, this is very humiliating for her and the MSM is relentless.  Just another indicator that Trump doesn't have a clue.  Nor is his 'team of experts', so expert. Anyone still question Trump's chances of winning the general are slim to none?   He is a buffoon and his primary objective was to ensure that the Clinton dynasty continues.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Wingnut

:beer:

I think ever single move of this campaign could have a Forrest Gump quote attached.

Indubitably!

Offline musiclady

I'm not here to engage in your cynicism.

My desire for posting here is simple. Discuss how the GOP nominee can beat the Democrat and engage with thoughtful non-liberals. The convention is here, and Trump is the nominee. It's time to focus on beating Hillary and the Democrats. A good number of threads started here aren't thread worthy. Simply picking out an editorial from a known liberal source like HuffPo, Salon, WaPo, Politico, etc. with little to no commentary about it except "Trump sucks" "Herr Drumpf" (or some slight variation) is not a quality thread, and really is just a rally call for the troops to line up and start shooting.

Your 'desire' here seems to be to squelch disagreement with Donald Trump.  (And I'm pretty sure you're not the arbiter of what is "worthy" and what is not).

The fact of the matter is, that the so-called "GOP" nominee is a corrupt;, vulgar, liberal Democrat whom no conservative with conservative values can in good conscience vote for.

We are not going to beat Hillary in November because we do not have a Republican opposing her.  We have her friend 'opposing' her, thanks to the thoughtlessness and cultishness of a minority of Republicans and a whole slew of Democrat crossover votes.

But go ahead and try to correct our bad behavior, Axel.  I'm sure the 8 other Trump loyalists love it that you're trying to silence the majority.

Just like Trump is trying to do....
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 07:06:58 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.