Author Topic: #NeverTrump Delegate Rebels ‘Defeated’ at the RNC Rules Committee  (Read 8988 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: #NeverTrump Delegate Rebels ‘Defeated’ at the RNC Rules Committee
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2016, 05:42:26 pm »
Suing?  Isn't that what Trump does?
I would be surprised if he doesn't have squadrons of scum sucking lawyers working for him.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2016, 05:55:58 pm »
I probably shouldn't, but I can tell you one of those members was banned for threatening member's real life personas/jobs on LinkedIn.

Roger Stone must be so proud. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline bilo

« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2016, 05:58:01 pm »
I am trying to think of a way to say what I think without breaking rules.  I'll just say it.  In my view, Trump celebrates his win in the same way some BLM people were celebrating cop killings.  Or some Muslims were dancing after the planes flew into the buildings.  It may technically be a win, but I will never see it as good or legitimate. Trump lied and slandered and whined and scammed and flip-flopped his way to victory.

And that's why I'll never vote for him. Character does matter.

If he's right about something it won't change the fact that he has revealed himself to be of low character.

Lost in the victory gloat of the Trump supporters was another rule change that would have been very good for conservatives. Trump supporters voted down pushing for primaries to be closed and only allow Pubs to vote in them. It was proposed that States that made their primaries closed would receive extra delegates.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2016, 06:01:09 pm »
I probably shouldn't, but I can tell you one of those members was banned for threatening member's real life personas/jobs on LinkedIn.

Now that sounds like a stereotypical Trumpian action!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2016, 06:08:20 pm »
Then where are Carling, and A-Lert ??

Hopefully, we will never find out.

Offline bilo

« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2016, 06:12:56 pm »
That's too bad it didn't pass.  I guess Trump must think about re-election.

Another thing I've been thinking about.  I remember Republicans making a great big deal about all the involvement Hillary had in Bill's campaign and then White House.  They said she wasn't on the ballot and shouldn't be given so much power.  Now they give us Trump and family.  What is this family power share thing?  I don't like it.  The family is the family.  They should not be making policy decisions.

I think you make a good point. I wonder how much the campaign is paying these family members to "advise" Trump.

Offline bilo

« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2016, 06:25:45 pm »
Ah yes.  I didn't think of it that way.  It might be all about the money they can squeeze out of the campaign.

Trump was "loaning" his campaign money as well as renting assets to it when he was claiming he was "self funding" the campaign. A great example of how low character is reflected in behavior. I believe that he had to forgive those loans, but I'm not sure. I'm sure when federal funds get issued to his campaign his advisers will be reimbursed.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2016, 07:06:54 pm »
More to the point, what does that make the rest of us?   I submit that we cannot merely withhold our votes from Donald Trump, but to actively work and vote to defeat him.   This is no time for conscientious objection.  We must stand up to fascism and defeat it, no matter the short-term cost.   

The whole world is watching.

@mystery-ak

@Repub4Trump

This guy needs to go!

YESTERDAY!

And therein lies the self-evident proof that these people are enemies of liberty and will not tolerate any dissenting opinions or ideas when it comes to their Dear Leader that they want for king.

It's not enough they took over myriad forums and social groups and ran off/banned and silenced everyone critical of their prince.  They demand it now here.

Jazzhead did not say anything warranting the demand for her banning, yet we see this militant for Trump demanding just that.  Then he goes on a tirade against one of the owners who also does not genuflect at the altar of Trump.

These people are a mob.  I truly believe, given the behavior of these Trump Militants, that Hillary will be a lesser immediate danger to you than Trump's mobs will be.

They act like Trump's Squadrisi, and it's fitting considering the things their Il Douche has threatened to do on his own authority.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2016, 09:22:30 pm »
To clarify.Since voting 3rd party will not defeat him are are you supporting voting for Hillary to defeat Trump?
11513 :3:

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2016, 10:09:09 pm »
@mystery-ak

@Repub4Trump

This guy needs to go!

YESTERDAY!
When you do zot whatever you call it here someone for not backing Trump; let me know. I reckon I can find the door.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 10:57:56 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2016, 10:56:45 pm »
It's no longer a "GOP site" because one of the owners isn't fond of Donald Trump.  The site used to be called The GOPBRIEFING ROOM

Nobody here ever had a discussion/thread or notice given them that were were now a "conservative" site and no longer associated or affiliated with the Republican Party.

The suggestion it is not a GOP-related site appeared one evening in a thread where a #nevertrump pack was getting their a$$ handed to them.

It's bogus.   It's sour grapes.

And it's so wrong.

@mystery-ak , @Repub4Trump Well, I'm new here so I don't know. Is the above true, and if so do you want me gone?

I never figured this was a GOPe site; since when I showed up I saw a section dedicated to 3rd Parties. I've tried to be respectful, in my debates over this issue, but I remain #NeverTrump. I don't mind Trump supporters and enjoy a good debate that's half of why I'm here. If that is not acceptable and if I am required to toe the party line in my posts please let me know. I don't want to be the cause of any dissension or work at cross purposes to the site.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 10:58:43 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2016, 10:59:10 pm »
@MysteryAK, @Repub4Trump Well, I'm new here so I don't know. Is the above true, and if so do you want me gone?

I never figured this was a GOPe site; since when I showed up I saw a section dedicated to 3rd Parties. I've tried to be respectful, in my debates over this issue, but I remain #NeverTrump. I don't mind Trump supporters and enjoy a good debate that's half of why I'm here. If that is not acceptable and if I am required to toe the party line in my posts please let me know. I don't want to be the cause of any dissension or work at cross purposes to the site.

No it is patently not true. It has been shot down many times previously and again earlier on this thread!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2016, 11:08:18 pm »
It's dead only if we let it die. We still have members of the House, the Senate, Governors, state legislators, etc., to elect.
:amen:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2016, 11:16:07 pm »
@mystery-ak , @Repub4Trump Well, I'm new here so I don't know. Is the above true, and if so do you want me gone?

We welcome all sides. It is odd for some who come from FR to get used to not having one orthodoxy endorced, but we are adults and don't need to be told what to think. Plus, forcing only one line of thought is like never being weened off the tit, you will never grow that way. Eventually you need to start chewing steak. Some are content eating only soft, easy foods and never facing challenges.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 11:16:30 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2016, 11:22:07 pm »

It's just another concerted effort the Trump Militant is making in terms of pulling another Jimrob over here.  Even to the point apparently of trying to convince the other owners/mods to oust Mystery-AK because she is not a rabid Trump fan and they assert that this site is officiated with the GOP.

I find it telling that they are offended at the comment that this is a Conservative site.  Seems that term is offensive to some until they finish bastardizing it to mirror the image of their prince.

So now they are making an issue over the name of the site, and probably strategizing with the other rabid militants on TOS to 'do something about it'.

It's pathetic, but like other fascist mobs from history past, tolerance of differing views is strictly verboten and everything must be made to serve the glory of their leader, because enemies of the state are everywhere dontchaknow.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2016, 11:24:44 pm »
It's just another concerted effort the Trump Militant is making in terms of pulling another Jimrob over here.  Even to the point apparently of trying to convince the other owners/mods to oust Mystery-AK because she is not a rabid Trump fan and they assert that this site is officiated with the GOP.

I find it telling that they are offended at the comment that this is a Conservative site.  Seems that term is offensive to some until they finish bastardizing it to mirror the image of their prince.

So now they are making an issue over the name of the site, and probably strategizing with the other rabid militants on TOS to 'do something about it'.

It's pathetic, but like other fascist mobs from history past, tolerance of differing views is strictly verboten and everything must be made to serve the glory of their leader, because enemies of the state are everywhere dontchaknow.

:whistle:

Mod 3: Comment removed.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 03:57:37 am by MOD3 »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2016, 11:40:43 pm »

Obviously I hit it pretty close to the mark to garner the insult.

Insanity is voting for Trump thinking he is going to fix where we've devolved while claiming to be a Conservative. 

« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 03:58:00 am by MOD3 »

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2016, 11:48:47 pm »

That's pure nonsense.  There aren't more than half a dozen Trump supporters here as you well know.  There are quite a number who don't care much for him, but will vote for the GOP nominee in November, given what we know another four years of liberal leadership in the White House would bring.  There are no mobs here, and never have been.  There are members who are passionate about their values and this election.  This forum has been a conservative one, but one that doesn't limit its members to any one conservative ideology.  Most here generally support the GOP, because they realize that with all its faults, it is the only party that can save conservatism.  Some support the libertarian ideology and frequently make some excellent points.  Although a few have indicated they will vote for Hillary this Fall, most are a lot smarter than that. 

I don't care much for the views of some here, and some don't care much for mine.  But the owners have welcomed almost all views, and even those who complain about how the forum is run are tolerated, something even some who came over here recently wouldn't have done in earlier elections at TOS.  Sit down, have a drink and quit worrying about 5% of the members staging a coup. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2016, 11:57:53 pm »
It's Friday night...everyone relax and have a drink... :beer:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #119 on: July 16, 2016, 12:33:57 am »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertyandfreedom

« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2016, 12:56:57 am »
It's Friday night...everyone relax and have a drink... :beer:
:beer: I took your advice even before I read this post.  It is Friday and my work week is done.  :beer:
"The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other peoples' money." Margaret Thatcher

Oceander

« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2016, 12:58:28 am »
:whistle:

Calling you insane would be an unwarranted positive compliment.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 03:58:36 am by MOD3 »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2016, 12:58:50 am »
That's pure nonsense.  There aren't more than half a dozen Trump supporters here as you well know.

I've experienced an entire site get taken over by less than a dozen trolls who ran off every productive contributor to that site, engaging in the same kind of sowing of discord about the owner/mods crap I'm watching repeated here.  They were not as open and brazen about calling for banning people that opposed them like I'm reading from one of Trump's militants here.  So it's not nonsense to warn about it.  I've seen it before.

There are quite a number who don't care much for him, but will vote for the GOP nominee in November, given what we know another four years of liberal leadership in the White House would bring. 

You are going to have that regardless which tyrant is handed the throne in November.  That die is now cast and we will be forced to eat it.

There are no mobs here, and never have been. 

It's a big internet out there and it's interesting to watch some members here act the same way that the larger bunch of Trump militants act all over the net and social media.   Spouting the same talking points, engaging in the same kind of insults, threats and ridicule we read elsewhere. 

There are members who are passionate about their values and this election.

That is the excuse given at places like TOS and elsewhere for what they have done to make their domains Trump Safe Spaces.  Demanding a member 'needs to go yesterday!' is just more of the same crap they have done elsewhere.  I'm making sure to point it out.

Most here generally support the GOP, because they realize that with all its faults, it is the only party that can save conservatism.

It's dead Jim.  The GOP has gone the way of the Whigs AFAIAC.

It's frightening anyone would think a corrupted party is the only way to save the principles and ideology of our founding.  Because if that is what people truly believe, Conservatism might as well have built it's mansion on sand in a tidewater basin.

But the owners have welcomed almost all views, and even those who complain about how the forum is run are tolerated, something even some who came over here recently wouldn't have done in earlier elections at TOS.  Sit down, have a drink and quit worrying about 5% of the members staging a coup.

I'm not the one advocating the zotting of anyone over remarks that they believe Trump is a Fascist and then warning the owner not to 'cross the line' while giving her grief. 

I don't tolerate bullies and I don't much care for people telling me to sit down and shut up because I'm calling them out for what they are doing.

Even though it is soon rest time.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2016, 01:31:52 am »
My bucket list is so full, but I'll keep this in mind!  (I've used a lot of "em, tho!)

That'd be a mud-bucket list  :silly: