Author Topic: #NeverTrump Delegate Rebels ‘Defeated’ at the RNC Rules Committee  (Read 8882 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: #NeverTrump Delegate Rebels ‘Defeated’ at the RNC Rules Committee
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2016, 02:51:19 pm »
Fascism is an economic system, controlled by the government. It is not exclusive to a German political party.

Correct:

The Italian term "fascismo" is derived from the Latin word fascio littorio—a bundle of rods tied around an axe, the ancient Roman symbol of the authority of a civic magistrate, which was carried by his lictors, and could be used for corporal and capital punishment at the magistrate's command.

Italy was a fascist state, and so was Spain, Portugal, and Argentina.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2016, 02:54:06 pm »
I broke my own promise to myself of ever responding to you again.

Timber you know I can't allow this comment...sorry for the edit...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 03:19:04 pm by mystery-ak »
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2016, 03:02:46 pm »
Would you kindly point out the national party rule that binds delegates to any candidate? I can't seem to find it!

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/436428/republican-convention-delegates-not-bound-donald-trump

There isn't a national rule that binds delegates to any one candidate.  Some state delegations -- like Pennsylvania's -- are completely unbound.  But if the lack of a National GOP rule  was the end of the inquiry, why was there a need for NeverTrump to push for a new rule at the convention recognizing their right to vote their conscience?  Why couldn't they just vote their consciences anyway if the RNC permits it?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 03:05:05 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2016, 03:06:06 pm »
There isn't a national rule that binds delegates to any one candidate.  Some state delegations -- like Pennsylvania's -- are completely unbound.  But if the lack of a National GOP rule  was the end of the inquiry, why was there a need for NeverTrump to push for a new rule at the convention recognizing their right to vote their conscience?  Why couldn't they just vote their consciences anyway if the RNC permits it?

So, how many delegates are constrained by State rules for the first vote if the National GOP does not do so, and how many of those are committed to Trump?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2016, 03:15:16 pm »
Both comments are inappropriate:andTo the pro-Trumps: stop accusing those who don't support Trump of supporting Clinton.
To the anti-Trumps: stop it with the Nazi references.
Right now. There will be no more warnings. Both sides are in the wrong. Both sides will face consequences.

Mod1 - I've deleted the post you cited.  Please accept my apologies.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2016, 03:15:21 pm »

Perhaps because they had been misinformed on the issue.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2016, 03:17:27 pm »
Mod1 - I've deleted the post you cited.  Please accept my apologies.

Thank you Jazz...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2016, 04:33:47 pm »
It's over, pal.

I won.  You lost. 

Sounds like something Obama would say.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2016, 04:39:14 pm »
Sounds like something Obama would say.

Or, more to the point, what Hillary would say.  Trump's nomination ensures the next Clinton Presidency.     

The silver lining is that the Trump Party will not survive November, and none of the future leaders of the GOP are on the list of speakers at next week's Trump Party convention, or even, in many cases, in attendance.   

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2016, 04:43:22 pm »
Trumpies love their fascist pig. What does that make them???

Better yet, what does that say about the GOP, other than it is old and out of touch with social and constitutional conservatism. I can't understand why, they keep hanging on to the deck chairs while the ship is sinking.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2016, 04:44:30 pm »
Or, more to the point, what Hillary would say.  Trump's nomination ensures the next Clinton Presidency.     

The silver lining is that the Trump Party will not survive November, and none of the future leaders of the GOP are on the list of speakers at next week's Trump Party convention, or even, in many cases, in attendance.
What future leaders? A dead party hath no future.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2016, 04:55:20 pm »
Trumpettes show their colors: they are not interested in winning over or convincing conservatives, only bringing more liberal democrats into the voting block. They just want conservatives to shut up. Therefore, Trump and Trumpettes are liberals.

:thumbsup:

You are exactly right!
Let it burn.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2016, 05:04:56 pm »
So, how many delegates are constrained by State rules for the first vote if the National GOP does not do so, and how many of those are committed to Trump?

I don't know the exact number, but it apparently is enough -- in combination with committed delegates who are not bound -- to put him over the top.  That's the whole reason the motion for a rule change was filed in the first place.  Because without it, the nomination is his.  As for the actual number, it's my understanding that was the count we were being given all along after each state's primary/caucus.

Anyway, my point was that the idea that they are free if they're not bound by the RNC is wrong, because it ignores not just state laws of questionable enforceability, but state rules as well.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2016, 05:05:52 pm »
What future leaders? A dead party hath no future.
It's dead only if we let it die. We still have members of the House, the Senate, Governors, state legislators, etc., to elect.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2016, 05:07:07 pm »
Perhaps because they had been misinformed on the issue.

Right...so everyone is wrong except the writer of that article. The Delegates themselves who fought so hard to add a conscience clause (essentially an RNC rule to override State rules) were clueless.

Sorry, I'm not buying that.  If those delegates were truly not bound by anything, then they'd vote their consciences.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2016, 05:08:04 pm »
@mystery-ak

@Repub4Trump

This guy needs to go!

YESTERDAY!

I suggest switching to decaf...or perhaps a long walk in tur woods to relax.

You cpuld listen to an audio book about the history of Fascism so you'd better understand tue point Jazz was trying to make.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2016, 05:09:03 pm »
Right...so everyone is wrong except the writer of that article. The Delegates themselves who fought so hard to add a conscience clause (essentially an RNC rule to override State rules) were clueless.

Sorry, I'm not buying that.  If those delegates were truly not bound by anything, then they'd vote their consciences.

They can and should!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2016, 05:10:32 pm »
The evil of Presidential candidate selection in the modern era, is the mix of party politics with direct voter primaries. It should be one way or the other, but not a mix. That's the way the Founding Fathers intended.

If every state stuck to direct primary elections, as some have come to think of the selection process, then there would be no need for the party convention antics. If the parties are truly concerned about how "their" candidate is selected, then they wouldn't allow these open primaries. They can't have it both ways and expect civility in the process.

In either case, the GOP is a dead party. It has become too broad and no longer has a political identity. The DemRats have their liberal progressive identity. The Constutution Party has its identity of following the constitution. What has the GOP got? Who do they identify with? Their brand doesn't exist excep as the party of Trump, McConnell and Ryan.  Wow, now that says a lot.  NOT!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2016, 05:13:14 pm »
  If those delegates were truly not bound by anything, then they'd vote their consciences.

What's to say they won't do exactly that next week when the time comes?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2016, 05:15:12 pm »
It's dead only if we let it die. We still have members of the House, the Senate, Governors, state legislators, etc., to elect.
Who?  What do they stand for? They are the very ones who are perpetuating this GOP legacy. They are the ones anointed by the GOP to get the like of Trump anointed, that don't stand up to the liberal idiots in congress, and that say one thing and do another. So why again should I not claim it's a dead party?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2016, 05:16:17 pm »
The evil of Presidential candidate selection in the modern era, is the mix of party politics with direct voter primaries. It should be one way or the other, but not a mix. That's the way the Founding Fathers intended.

If every state stuck to direct primary elections, as some have come to think of the selection process, then there would be no need for the party convention antics. If the parties are truly concerned about how "their" candidate is selected, then they wouldn't allow these open primaries. They can't have it both ways and expect civility in the process.

In either case, the GOP is a dead party. It has become too broad and no longer has a political identity. The DemRats have their liberal progressive identity. The Constutution Party has its identity of following the constitution. What has the GOP got? Who do they identify with? Their brand doesn't exist excep as the party of Trump, McConnell and Ryan.  Wow, now that says a lot.  NOT!

I cannot tell you how much I agree with you.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2016, 05:26:28 pm »

Agreed.   The way I see it, the Republican Party simply declined to run a candidate for President this year.   But there are plenty of good men and women running for Congress and lesser offices who deserve and will gain my support. 

As for the Trump Party,  I'm not a member of that abomination,  and don't wish to be associated with its members.   But the Trump Party will die come November.  None of the GOP's future leaders are the list of speakers at this year's Trump Party convention.   
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 05:27:21 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2016, 05:34:20 pm »

Unless the GOP can find spokesmen who articulate the merits of conservatism to the millennial generation, it is a zombie party.  They are getting crushed among young voters, and that was not the case as recently has 16 years ago when Bush split with Gore. 

Trump is the worst possible choice for this effort.  He is everything they were taught to despise and they will never forgive us for it.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2016, 05:40:24 pm »
The ones who had their businesses closed by the scum sucking lawyers suing everybody they could for minor infraction

Suing?  Isn't that what Trump does?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2016, 05:41:25 pm »
Then where are Carling, and A-Lert ??

I probably shouldn't, but I can tell you one of those members was banned for threatening member's real life personas/jobs on LinkedIn.