Author Topic: Potential Trump VP on Abortion: 'Women Have to Be Able to Choose'  (Read 9086 times)

Offline Minarch

• Justice is coming to all of us.
Re: Potential Trump VP on Abortion: 'Women Have to Be Able to Choose'
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2016, 07:39:12 pm »
quote author=RAT Patrol link=topic=215443.msg960402#msg960402 date=1468178165]
Did they delete something you said?  Are we living in Deleteville now?

We'll leave those up there for now so there can be clarity that trivializing a figure whom many members worship is unnecessarily offensive and invites flame war.  Posters might consider editing their comments or we could lock this thread.

So this place has become another safe space for the Trump crowd.

Pathetic.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2016, 07:40:57 pm »

Pathetic.

How do you figure that?  By not using Jesus to bash Trump?  Really?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2016, 07:45:09 pm »

Pathetic.

...Please..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Silver Pines

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2016, 07:45:40 pm »

:)

Look at his cheeks!  What a cutie.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2016, 07:48:24 pm »
I replied to a post that refered to Trump as 'cheetoh Jesus'.

My response:

Zombie Jesus and Raptor Jesus do not approve of cheetoh Jesus.

---

And that warrants deletion and a warning?!?

BTW: both are internet memes, documented here:
http://knowyourmeme.com

Neither use profanity or nudity.

So it's on the internet so it must be okay...I take it as blasphemy....but I guess you have to be a Christain to see it that way.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Minarch

« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2016, 07:51:10 pm »
How do you figure that?  By not using Jesus to bash Trump?  Really?

Perhaps I'm wrong, but HonestJohn's post was in no way offensive about Jesus, but it was offensive about Trump, whom some on this forum worship.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2016, 07:54:34 pm »
Perhaps I'm wrong, but HonestJohn's post was in no way offensive about Jesus, but it was offensive about Trump, whom some on this forum worship.

Yeah.....no.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2016, 07:57:32 pm »
@musiclady @CatherineofAragon @RAT Patrol ~ I know we've been told not to mention TOS on these main threads, but as it applies to this story, I was very pleased to see there are more than a couple people who have said Flynn as VP, would be a deal breaker.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3448055/posts?

America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline musiclady

« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2016, 08:03:09 pm »
@musiclady @CatherineofAragon @RAT Patrol ~ I know we've been told not to mention TOS on these main threads, but as it applies to this story, I was very pleased to see there are more than a couple people who have said Flynn as VP, would be a deal breaker.

One would think that Trump himself would be the "deal breaker" for anyone who is pro-life, but at least they have drawn a line somewhere.....   :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Minarch

« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2016, 08:07:36 pm »
Yeah.....no.

When I came here after FR, I believe the rule was "no personal attacks."

Now it's that we shouldn't make a post that is "unnecessarily offensive and invites flame war," or they'll lock the thread.

If I'm wrong, good, but that doesn't bode well for things around here.

geronl

« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2016, 08:07:42 pm »
Trump feels the same way, it is pretty obvious

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2016, 08:07:50 pm »
I think cheetoh jesus is a spin-off of orange jesus, which came from someone at TOS posting a picture with Trump's face Photoshopped onto Jesus with a reference to the parable of the fig tree.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2016, 08:08:16 pm »
Look at his cheeks!  What a cutie.

A cutie indeed. Thought the photo fit well with what @musiclady had to say!  :laugh:
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2016, 08:16:07 pm »
One would think that Trump himself would be the "deal breaker" for anyone who is pro-life, but at least they have drawn a line somewhere.....   :shrug:

Trump is a very strong character. He draws people in via his own type of spell. But, yes [evidently], he can push it only so far [for some supporters]. People in general, though, have to wake up to Life, or this nation will start burning; I really believe that is true. What do you think?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2016, 08:18:52 pm »
It's also reasonable to consider whether God approves when we put our support behind such an individual.  We shouldn't kid ourselves that it's  inconsequential  in His eyes.

I fear Him a lot more than I fear Hillary Clinton.

The witchcraft, the worship of Trump must be broken.  How could any Christian vote for someone who picks a person for VP who thinks its a woman's choice whether to terminate the life of a child in the womb?  Partial birth abortions are a disregard for human life.  And the most precious and innocent American lives who have no ability to protect themselves.   We wouldn't do it to an animal.  These are Americans residing in the womb.  And the reason the general gave.  The woman has to decide if she wants to raise a child.  Its a little late.  That should be made before sex.

I know the liberal media has had a barrage of articles recently about malformed or aborting children who wouldn't survive articles recently.  Anyone willing to give this general a look would have to accept that he sees absolutely no moral line when it comes to killing children.  And that is what they are.  If you give birth to a baby in a hospital they will go beyond all natural efforts to save a baby who has debilitating birth defects.  Bleeding on the brain.  Holes in hearts.  Bowels outside of body..................  Horrific medical conditions.  Some children will be in the hospital for months after the birth.  Being born at 1 pound.  Artificial breathing.  They wouldn't make it without life support millions of them.  So tell me how can we find it acceptable to abort a 5,6,7 or up to full term fetus?  And for no other apparent reason of thousands than they are not wanted.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

geronl

« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2016, 08:19:59 pm »
He might have also been on the Putin payroll at RT

Offline musiclady

« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2016, 08:25:18 pm »
Trump is a very strong character. He draws people in via his own type of spell. But, yes [evidently], he can push it only so far [for some supporters]. People in general, though, have to wake up to Life, or this nation will start burning; I really believe that is true. What do you think?

I believe the pro-life issue is THE issue of the age.  It is the slavery issue squared, and the moral issue of our generation.

If we don't get it right, America dies a painful death......... and I believe we are already burning, and that Donald Trump is evidence of the fire.

It is not about politics.  It is about who we are as a people.  Abortion is the quintessential issue in which the powerful have the right to destroy the powerless.  There is no liberty in a nation where the weakest among us don't even have the right to be alive.

That's why it is so hideous that Donald Trump is "completely pro-choice."  And it is equally hideous that he's never even given the issue of life a single thought other than to start saying what he thinks he needs to say to get (gullible) voters to fall for his lies.

He is on the wrong side of the most important issue of the day.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2016, 08:25:53 pm »
Sorry, not having it.

My heart, my mind, and my conscience tell me that God would hold me responsible for supporting a pro-abort simply because I was panicked about Hillary and feared her more than Him.

I don't have a lot of patience with the concept that Hillary is some supernatural world-destroying ghoul whose evil can never be equaled.  YES, she's horrible, but we've built her up into some kind of Cthulhu-like mythical figure before whom we all must cower.  As bad as she is, there can always be someone just AS bad.  And he's running against her. 

I'd say that those who think a babykilling stance is more acceptable because there's an "R" behind the name are the ones with their heads up their asses.  If you want to sell your soul for an election, do it, but don't expect me to keep you company.

Bravo and Amen!
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2016, 08:26:18 pm »

Now it's that we shouldn't make a post that is "unnecessarily offensive and invites flame war," or they'll lock the thread.

Perhaps you have noticed some other content has been discouraged; i.e. Nazi imagery and inappropriate references to same. Do you think  "that doesn't bode well for things around here."?

Silver Pines

« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2016, 08:30:33 pm »

@musiclady

It's really sad there were only a couple.  Wonder how JR will come down on this, considering his solid anti-abortion stance.

That said, we probably should discuss it in the Welcome thread from here on out.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2016, 08:32:26 pm »
@musiclady

It's really sad there were only a couple.  Wonder how JR will come down on this, considering his solid anti-abortion stance.

That said, we probably should discuss it in the Welcome thread from here on out.

Yep.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2016, 08:33:30 pm »

It's very difficult to make everyone happy.

What offends one doesn't offend others...

We value free speech here but we also value civility and respect for each other.

I'm sorry we don't live up to your expectations...it's extremely hard running a forum.
Support the USO

Offline Leto

« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2016, 08:36:13 pm »

:facepalm2:

So you think it impossible that a 70-74 year old man could die?

Ok
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Offline musiclady

« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2016, 08:39:04 pm »
I know.  They always fall back on Hillary.  Unless the pick is worse than Hillary on the abortion issue, they are great with it.  So I suppose that means unless the VP pick want to start marketing aborted babies as food, they're good with it.

I'm not sure some people would even have a problem with that if Trump picked the guy......

There are some serious issues involved here with some of the devotees....

Offline musiclady

« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2016, 08:41:17 pm »
You are doing great.   I can't imagine how difficult it must be.

Nor I.

Which is why I self-deleted a post I wrote questioning a Mod's decision.

I didn't report the "Trump is Jesus" post by HAPPY, so I can't complain that it wasn't deleted.

I think Trump people are on a mission to tattle about any offense they feel, thus the seeming inequity of decisions.