Author Topic: Potential Trump VP on Abortion: 'Women Have to Be Able to Choose'  (Read 9153 times)

Offline flowers

Re: Potential Trump VP on Abortion: 'Women Have to Be Able to Choose'
« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2016, 09:50:00 pm »
Wow.....I repeat my previous post..................... :silly:  I add  :bigsilly:  this thread has been a hoot the past few post! 

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2016, 09:52:27 pm »
I believe the pro-life issue is THE issue of the age.  It is the slavery issue squared, and the moral issue of our generation.

If we don't get it right, America dies a painful death......... and I believe we are already burning, and that Donald Trump is evidence of the fire.

It is not about politics.  It is about who we are as a people.  Abortion is the quintessential issue in which the powerful have the right to destroy the powerless.  There is no liberty in a nation where the weakest among us don't even have the right to be alive.

That's why it is so hideous that Donald Trump is "completely pro-choice."  And it is equally hideous that he's never even given the issue of life a single thought other than to start saying what he thinks he needs to say to get (gullible) voters to fall for his lies.

He is on the wrong side of the most important issue of the day.
Saintly response!

In that vein, this past Friday morning at 7:00 a.m., one of the most ardent supporters of life in the world, Fr. Peter Carota, passed away [he literally starved to death]. Should anyone be interested, here is a testament to his beautiful life written by Fr. Nix, a friend of his. [Not only would Fr. Carota tell us about a baby he wanted us to save from abortion through prayer, if the mother changed her mind and birthed the child, he'd provide a picture of the child and the mother.] No doubt he is an advocate [in heaven] for the unborn if anyone would like to ask him for assistance in that regard.

http://www.traditionalcatholicpriest.com/2016/07/08/memoriam-fr-peter-carota/
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline WAC

« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2016, 10:04:21 pm »
 Donald Trump is formally vetting a retired general as a potential running mate, ..... on ABC News Sunday, Flynn stated when asked whether he believed in a woman's right to an abortion.

"Abortion... I think for women, and these are difficult issues, but I think women have to be able to choose,"....Flynn said, when asked whether he believed in a woman's right to an abortion.
[/quote]

I recall when a police officer shared that in court Attorney's and Officers know HOW a Question is asked 'makes a difference' in the answer they're going to get.....the same goes for those in the media who asks questions, they are framed to get the answer they want to hear.

In this case the question was asked regarding Woman's Right to an Abortion.......but the woman isn't aborted.....her baby is, who has no choice in the matter......Further woman have 'always' had the choice to carry their child to term or dispose of it by whatever means they chose to do so....and did.

The ONLY difference is today's woman want the element of safety and medical assistance by professionals in a clean environment, and with the Gov. stamp of approval that no legalities will come from taking a life...........as well to block any moral issue of the sanctity of life from the equation.

As long as the issue of killing babies is framed from the woman's position alone, without regard for the 'other' life and family members as well as the public overall these killings affect.....the real issue will never be addressed for what it is.....Pre-meditated murder of an innocent and defenseless  child.

Using a Doctor in a white coat in a sterile room  is no different than a gangster using a hit man to take anothers life he wants to snuff out. Just because it's a clinical setting does not erase the crime that's happening.... It's just as bloody and ends the same way...death...except the baby has no chance whatsoever to defend itself.  Heck if anything the child is suppose to be in the safest place possible......the womb of it's mother. Instead it's sucked out breaking it's limbs in many cases, cut up as one would be in a torturous situation, and flushed away like a turd in the toilet, or it's parts cut further and sold to the highest bidder.

Taking the life of babies is not a political issue.....it's not even a moral issue......or any rights of the mother......it is a life or death issue.
And that decision for life is made through the act of intercourse....abortion is getting rid of the evidence.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #103 on: July 10, 2016, 10:05:30 pm »
That HAPPY2BeMe fellow posted a picture of Jesus casting the money changers out of the temple, referring to Trump, and then called those of us who opposed Trump "hypocritical Pharisees" on the same thread.

If that's not saying that Trump is comparable to Jesus (and blasphemy), what is??

(He just called us all "hypocrites" on this thread.  I guess he just left off the Pharisee part and the Trump is Jesus parallel this time).

Didn't see that.  Reminds me of the Obama election.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2016, 10:09:52 pm »
I wonder why God has tolerated the evil done in this country in the name of "choice" and "women's reproductive rights."

I too have seen people who claim to be pro-life who are continuing to make excuses for Trump's pro-abortion stance.

God is not mocked.  We will pay for this.

If there is NO pro-life candidate to choose from because both parties have sold their souls, we WILL pay.

If the civil war was Judgement in blood for the sin of slavery while using God's Name to proclaim life and liberty (as many believed), every person here ought to quake in their boots for what God's Judgment will bring for the sin of infanticide ALONE.

Do the math of the deaths and casualties in comparison with the population at the time. Multliply that out with our current population and if God's Judgment is similar to the 1860's, more than a quarter of our population will be toast- and it will be well-deserved.

God is not mocked, He will repay in blood for the murder we have institutionalized and called a 'choice' so people could have illicit sex without consequence and use murder for birth control.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline WAC

« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2016, 10:12:10 pm »
That is an out right lie! No Trump supporter on this forum has ever said that!

Nor would they....further this idea that Trump is for Abortion I have not seen now nor in his past.......he's made it clear now and then he is pro-life but believed woman have the freedom to end that life......it is there he and most en struggle with the issue...because it's not about a woman's right to abortion...she's not the one being aborted....it's about does she have the right to take another's life.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2016, 10:13:22 pm »
That HAPPY2BeMe fellow posted a picture of Jesus casting the money changers out of the temple, referring to Trump, and then called those of us who opposed Trump "hypocritical Pharisees" on the same thread.

If that's not saying that Trump is comparable to Jesus (and blasphemy), what is??

(He just called us all "hypocrites" on this thread.  I guess he just left off the Pharisee part and the Trump is Jesus parallel this time).

Please stop twisting things to make you happy.

I was not debating what John said. I told him to stop lying., And I am asking you to drop it!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline WAC

« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2016, 10:18:42 pm »
I wonder why God has tolerated the evil done in this country in the name of "choice" and "women's reproductive rights."

I too have seen people who claim to be pro-life who are continuing to make excuses for Trump's pro-abortion stance.

God is not mocked.  We will pay for this.

If there is NO pro-life candidate to choose from because both parties have sold their souls, we WILL pay.

God isn't tolerating the "evil done in this country in name of choice and womans reproductive rights".......

God is most assuredly showing us enormous MERCY far beyond what we are deserving of........while also bringing Judgement on this nation slowly but surely....throughout Biblical History when a nation turns away from God, as we have surely done for the most part,....it's INVADED by an enemy of that nation.......and it isn't always militarily.

HonestJohn

« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2016, 10:25:38 pm »

I was not debating what John said. I told him to stop lying., And I am asking you to drop it!

I made an assertion, you said it a lie.

@musiclady shows proof that contradicts your charge.

And now you want to cover it up.

No.

You will not slander my name by calling me a liar.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 10:26:53 pm by HonestJohn »

geronl

« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2016, 10:32:13 pm »
When I express my opposition to abortion, I have often been branded a "one position" voter.  For me abortion isn't an issue with a stance, it's a character test. If you tell me you support abortion or that you are pro-choice, then I know everything I need to know about your character and your wisdom.

:amen:

Wingnut

« Reply #110 on: July 10, 2016, 10:36:36 pm »

A bigger person would have taken this to PM rather than calling someone out on the forum.

But then..... I'm guilty as hell for doing the same thing ...so maybe I should just STFU... :nometalk:

Just say'n
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 10:37:04 pm by Wingnut »

geronl

« Reply #111 on: July 10, 2016, 10:42:20 pm »
Michael T Flynn is not unknown, he writes and all that. He apparently was a contributor to Putin's propaganda channel RT too

Offline flowers

« Reply #112 on: July 10, 2016, 10:42:42 pm »
I made an assertion, you said it a lie.

@musiclady shows proof that contradicts your charge.

And now you want to cover it up.

No.

You will not slander my name by calling me a liar.

Wow.

Offline flowers

« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2016, 10:43:21 pm »
This thread has really gone south hasn't it?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2016, 10:46:45 pm »

It is not about politics.  It is about who we are as a people.  Abortion is the quintessential issue in which the powerful have the right to destroy the powerless.  There is no liberty in a nation where the weakest among us don't even have the right to be alive.

Exactly right. A people who sanction killing a baby in the womb cannot understand justice.
An unjust people are doomed to consume each other, or be consumed from without. Violence or cowardice will be their end.
It is an utterly predictable, almost mechanical conclusion.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2016, 10:46:45 pm »

Drop what?  Evidence that John is not lying?

I'm a very cooperative member of this forum, but I'm not twisting a thing that HAPPY said.

It was blasphemy, and that doesn't sit lightly with me.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2016, 10:48:41 pm »
It was someone else.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,215484.0.html

It was also HAPPY2BeMe.  It's been a while, but he made a pictoral comparison between Trump and Jesus.

It made me physically ill....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2016, 10:51:01 pm »
I said something pretty offensive as well.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #118 on: July 10, 2016, 10:53:46 pm »
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,199032.0.html

Proof:

=================================

Jesus Christ and his disciples journeyed to Jerusalem to celebrate the feast of Passover. They found the sacred city of God overflowing with thousands of pilgrims from all parts of the world.

Entering the Temple, Jesus saw the money changers, along with merchants who were selling animals for sacrifice. Pilgrims carried coins from their home towns, most bearing the images of Roman emperors or Greek gods, which Temple authorities considered idolatrous.

The high priest ordered that only Tyrian shekels would be accepted for the annual half-shekel Temple tax because they contained a higher percentage of silver, so the money changers exchanged unacceptable coins for these shekels. Of course, they extracted a profit, sometimes much more than the law allowed.

Jesus was so filled with anger at the desecration of the holy place that he took some cords and wove them into a small whip. He ran about, knocking over the tables of the money changers, spilling coins on the ground. He drove the exchangers out of the area, along with the men selling pigeons and cattle. He also prevented people from using the court as a shortcut.

As he cleansed the Temple of greed and profit, Jesus quoted from Isaiah 56:7: "My house shall be called a house of prayer, but you make it a den of robbers." (Matthew 21:13, ESV)

The disciples and others present were in awe of Jesus' authority in God's sacred place. His followers remembered a passage from Psalm 69:9: "Zeal for your house will consume me." (John 2:17, ESV)

The common people were impressed by Jesus' teaching, but the chief priests and scribes feared him because of his popularity. They began to plot a way to destroy Jesus.

A direct parallel with Jesus on the same thread where he called people who opposed Trump "Hypocritical Pharisees."

Edited to add that the bold about plotting to destroy Jesus was Happy's.  His parallel was direct and blatant.

I didn't report it in March, but perhaps I should have.

Blasphemy should not be permitted on this board.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 11:01:15 pm by musiclady »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2016, 10:54:20 pm »
It was also HAPPY2BeMe.  It's been a while, but he made a pictoral comparison between Trump and Jesus.

It made me physically ill....

The one I posted ended up being satire but it was based on a real article:
http://thefederalist.com/2016/06/23/5-most-sickening-parts-of-trumps-meeting-with-evangelical-leaders/

However, it isn't just the one you mentioned. Let's just say a reverse Google search using some key terms find that it wasn't that unusual (references to 'prophet in his own land', 'throwing money changers out', 'persecuted for righteousness'....  I'll let others find those on their own, but it is more than you think.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2016, 10:56:12 pm »
If the civil war was Judgement in blood for the sin of slavery while using God's Name to proclaim life and liberty (as many believed), every person here ought to quake in their boots for what God's Judgment will bring for the sin of infanticide ALONE.

Do the math of the deaths and casualties in comparison with the population at the time. Multliply that out with our current population and if God's Judgment is similar to the 1860's, more than a quarter of our population will be toast- and it will be well-deserved.

God is not mocked, He will repay in blood for the murder we have institutionalized and called a 'choice' so people could have illicit sex without consequence and use murder for birth control.

Every word you've said is true.  We should be quaking in fear at the consequence of our national sin.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2016, 10:56:54 pm »

geronl

« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2016, 10:58:16 pm »
He also thinks gay marriage is no big thing.

Wingnut

« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2016, 10:58:16 pm »
The one I posted ended up being satire but it was based on a real article:
http://thefederalist.com/2016/06/23/5-most-sickening-parts-of-trumps-meeting-with-evangelical-leaders/

I wish you hadn't scubbed the GOPBR thread.  :-*

LOL

Online roamer_1

« Reply #124 on: July 10, 2016, 10:58:57 pm »
I've seen people that are near and dear to me turn into hypocrites to support Trump.  It scares me that this man makes good people lose their hold on their principles and turn into pretzels to justify anything he says or does.

Sobering, isn't it? And you ain't seen nothing yet... There's one coming that would fool even the elect (if that were possible)...

I think we're seeing how that will work, right here.