Author Topic: FBI Director James Comey to testify before Congress on Clinton email probe Thursday  (Read 1185 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/chaffetz-comey-clinton-emails-225141

House GOP to press Comey for answers on Clinton probe

Ryan's statement signals a shift for Republican leadership on the investigation.

By Rachael Bade

07/05/16 07:13 PM EDT

Updated 07/05/16 10:57 PM EDT

House Republicans are gearing up to grill FBI Director James Comey about why the agency chose not to recommend charges for Hillary Clinton over her mishandling of classified material.

Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) announced late Tuesday night that he would green-light the chamber's top watchdog, the Oversight Committee, to ask Comey to testify — a significant departure from leadership's previous stance on the issue.

"Comey should give us all the publicly available information to see how and why they reached these conclusions," he told Megyn Kelly on Fox News' "Kelly File."

more
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Happening tomorrow at 10 am. Nothing will come of it. The Obama/Clinton machine has prevailed. All the stories about Obama and the Clintons hating each other were so much BS. Corrupt, incompetent people get along very well.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

I think Comey would like to see her prosecuted, just not by this DOJ, which IMO would be less than vigorous.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline RetBobbyMI

I think Comey would like to see her prosecuted, just not by this DOJ, which IMO would be less than vigorous.
If he wanted that, then he should have said that, unless he is a political stooge. If the latter, he should be impeached.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Another career political insider, lacking the balls to do the right thing, IMO.

His department has cost dozens of lives, by missing terrorists.

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/06/fbi-troubling-history-of-missing-terrorists

FBI’s Troubling History of Missing Terrorists

Orlando marks the latest in a troubling pattern of jihadist attacks in the United States. Once again, a future terrorist was on the radar of the the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Once again, the bureau closed an investigation into someone that went on to conduct a terrorist attack.

The jihadi who perpetrated the Orlando terrorist attack, Omar Mateen, was investigated twice by the FBI after being reported by his co-workers

snip
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Happening tomorrow at 10 am. Nothing will come of it. The Obama/Clinton machine has prevailed. All the stories about Obama and the Clintons hating each other were so much BS. Corrupt, incompetent people get along very well.

Important to get it on the record. Important that a lawyer clarify the actual job description of an investigator.

Online LMAO

So, my understanding, listening to Comey, is he didn't say she wasn't guilty of a crime? That they couldn't find that she INTENDED a crime?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: BUSINESS INSIDER

URL: http://www.businessinsider.com/james-comey-hillary-clinton-email-testify-2016-7

by: Oliver Darcy

FBI Director James Comey will testify before Congress on Thursday after announcing the bureau would recommend Hillary Clinton not be prosecuted for her email practices as secretary of state, the House Oversight Committee announced Wednesday.

"The FBI's recommendation is surprising and confusing. The fact pattern presented by Director Comey makes clear Secretary Clinton violated the law. Individuals who intentionally skirt the law must be held accountable," committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz said in a statement.

The Utah Republican representative added: "Congress and the American people have a right to understand the depth and breadth of the FBI's investigation. I thank Directory Comey for accepting the invitation to publicly answer these important questions."

Clinton campaign press secretary Brian Fallon reacted to the news on Twitter, calling the hearing a public "flogging."

So House GOP will hold a hearing flogging Comey for not charging Clinton on same day Trump visits the Hill? This should end well.

— Brian Fallon (@brianefallon) July 6, 2016

Comey said at a Tuesday press conference that 110 emails that traversed Clinton's private email server had classified information at the time they were sent or received. He called her behavior "extremely careless" and said it was "possible" that "hostile actors" had gained access to her account.

Nevertheless, the agency director said "no reasonable prosecutor" would bring charges against her and that the bureau would not recommend doing so.

Attorney General Loretta Lynch indicated last week that she would likely accept the FBI's recommendation. She is also set to testify before the House later this month.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

rangerrebew

That they couldn't find that she INTENDED a crime?

Does this set a precedent where if drunk drivers kills someone but didn't INTEND to kill them, charges won't be filed? :whistle:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
If he wanted that, then he should have said that, unless he is a political stooge. If the latter, he should be impeached.

:amen:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline r9etb

Does this set a precedent where if drunk drivers kills someone but didn't INTEND to kill them, charges won't be filed?

Consistency would suggest so.... if not generally, then at least in similar situations.  (Bryan Nishimura, please call your lawyers...)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@mystery-ak

I distinctly remember being told that intent had nothing to do with whether I would be charged or not.   I was told "follow the rules or go to jail".   Heck I had my rights read to me 3 times for mistakes OTHER people made. 

Complete and utter BS and this Congress circus is no different.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.