Author Topic: Government claims power to control content of sermons 'This is something that should be deeply troubling to every American'  (Read 903 times)

rangerrebew

Government claims power to control content of sermons
'This is something that should be deeply troubling to every American'
Published: 13 hours ago

The Iowa Civil Rights Commission is being sued for claiming it has the right to control the content of church services that are “open to the public.”

The lawsuit filed by the Alliance Defending Freedom on behalf of Fort Des Moines Church of Christ is part of a nationwide battle against the implementation of President Obama’s declared foreign-policy priority in his final year in office: “gay” rights.”

At issue in the Iowa case are state mandates that protect “transgender rights.” Among them are allowing men to enter women’s shower rooms, dressing rooms and restrooms if they say they are women, and banning statements in meetings “open to the public” that “might cause individuals to believe that they are unwelcome because of their perceived gender identity”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/07/government-claims-power-to-control-content-of-sermons/#eLlqJItFtMPbktUt.99

READ MORE

Offline GrouchoTex

The former mayor of Houston tried this, and got shot down.
Let's hope this gets shot down as well.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I see these bastards are at it here again. Unfortuneatly with the state of the Iowa court system, I fear they will prevail.
The Republic is lost.

geronl

This is why churches should be unregistered

Offline Mechanicos

Thanks for the article, I forwarded it to people who may be able to do something about it.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mechanicos

This is why churches should be unregistered

We are in agreement.

First I believe Govt has no authority to tax a church or make an exemption for one since those are laws respecting an establishment of religion.

Then, since this is going to be an issue they should not be registered.

On a side note, many Churches are now doing things like "Life Groups" where people meet at each others homes and do bible study etc, in anticipation of the persecution that could be coming against the Churches.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17