Author Topic: FBI recommends no charges against Clinton in email probe  (Read 6823 times)

Offline flowers

Re: FBI recommends no charges against Clinton in email probe
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2016, 06:11:47 pm »
Anyone who thinks Trump will win hasn't been paying attention. This is proof of the fix is in. It has been for many years.

Offline WAC

« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2016, 06:13:10 pm »
Considering (Trump) he's as big of a crook as Hillary...guess it takes one to know one.

Well that is to our advantage....in fact as Trump said he knows who they are and how they operate as he was part of their crowd....he's not hidden those he's formerly traveled with. But it is to our advantage, just as when some supported Cruz because he's familiar with how Washington works.

Offline WAC

« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2016, 06:19:42 pm »
Anyone who thinks Trump will win hasn't been paying attention. This is proof of the fix is in. It has been for many years.

Well as I see it the fix may very well be in but not as secure as they might think. Trumps thrown some heavy blows into the overall election environment since he began.....I suspect he'll be doing likewise against Hillary and Bill and as effective as what brought him to rise to the Nominee.

It's going to be interesting because Trump is up against not only the Clinton Machinery...but the Obama Machinery as well.....and even the GOPe.  But he has some heavy hitters on his side of this fight so some may well be as surprised as the were in the primary.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2016, 06:24:46 pm »
austingirl wrote:
"I watched the whole thing. Comey laid out a devastating case of Clinton's guilt. I was stunned when he said no reasonable prosecutor would bring charges..."

Makes one wonder as to whether the Clintons may have "gotten to" Comey one way or another. As they have done to so many others.
From top to bottom in the FBI, career bureaucrats think about politics.

Where does your career go after the election, if you tried to disrupt the future of President H. Clinton ??
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline rodamala

« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2016, 06:55:08 pm »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2016, 06:56:35 pm »
Can the next POTUS (praying it's not Hillary) instruct his Justice Department to ignore these recommendations and bring in either a grand jury or an independent counsel?

@WAC

The problem with that is that even if it is Trump...and he instructs HIS Attorney general to re-investigate the charges...there are too many career lawyers at Justice...some that have been there since Carter...many more installed by Clinton and Obama that will make sure nothing happens or goes forward.

That's always the problem with Liberals in office...the public faces may disappear in 4-8 years...but the people they put into career positions make it damn near impossible to reverse any of the damage they do.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline rodamala

« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2016, 07:04:18 pm »
Yeah right.

That will go about as well as the IRS hearings against Lois Lerner and the Benghazi hearings.

A big nothing burger.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2016, 07:07:13 pm »

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2016, 07:10:52 pm »
Folsom Naval Reservist is Sentenced After Pleading Guilty to Unauthorized Removal and Retention of Classified Materials

https://www.fbi.gov/sacramento/press-releases/2015/folsom-naval-reservist-is-sentenced-after-pleading-guilty-to-unauthorized-removal-and-retention-of-classified-materials

U.S. Attorney’s Office
July 29, 2015   

Eastern District of California
(916) 554-2700

SACRAMENTO, CA—Bryan H. Nishimura, 50, of Folsom, pleaded guilty today to unauthorized removal and retention of classified materials, United States Attorney Benjamin B. Wagner announced.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Kendall J. Newman immediately sentenced Nishimura to two years of probation, a $7,500 fine, and forfeiture of personal media containing classified materials. Nishimura was further ordered to surrender any currently held security clearance and to never again seek such a clearance.

According to court documents, Nishimura was a Naval reservist deployed in Afghanistan in 2007 and 2008. In his role as a Regional Engineer for the U.S. military in Afghanistan, Nishimura had access to classified briefings and digital records that could only be retained and viewed on authorized government computers. Nishimura, however, caused the materials to be downloaded and stored on his personal, unclassified electronic devices and storage media. He carried such classified materials on his unauthorized media when he traveled off-base in Afghanistan and, ultimately, carried those materials back to the United States at the end of his deployment. In the United States, Nishimura continued to maintain the information on unclassified systems in unauthorized locations, and copied the materials onto at least one additional unauthorized and unclassified system.

Nishimura’s actions came to light in early 2012, when he admitted to Naval personnel that he had handled classified materials inappropriately. Nishimura later admitted that, following his statement to Naval personnel, he destroyed a large quantity of classified materials he had maintained in his home. Despite that, when the Federal Bureau of Investigation searched Nishimura’s home in May 2012, agents recovered numerous classified materials in digital and hard copy forms. The investigation did not reveal evidence that Nishimura intended to distribute classified information to unauthorized personnel.

This case was the product of an investigation by the Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Assistant United States Attorney Jean M. Hobler prosecuted the case.

:pondering:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2016, 07:16:45 pm »

Yep!  His pay check comes straight out of the U.S. Treasury just as that of every single SCOTUS justice!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 07:36:50 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2016, 07:25:03 pm »

That, and the thousands of FBI files the Clinton's squirreled away with along with whatever else Sandy Bergler shoved down his pants.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2016, 07:25:27 pm »
SOURCE: HOTAIR

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/07/05/was-hillarys-fbi-interview-this-weekend-just-for-appearances-sake/

by: AllahPundit

On Saturday afternoon, just a few hours after her sitdown with the feds ended, a CNN producer tweeted this:

Sources tell CNN's Evan Perez: expectation is that there will be announcement of no charges in Clinton email probe w/in next two weeks or so

— Edward Mejia Davis (@TeddyDavisCNN) July 2, 2016

The timing of that leak was curious. How could anyone in the know have a sense so soon after speaking with her whether charges would be brought or not? The FBI had three and a half hours’ worth of answers about the evidence against her to process. Her statements would inevitably be tested against what other witnesses had told them. Superiors within the Bureau would need to be consulted. And it was a holiday weekend! There’s no way an investigation as important and complicated as this would point towards closure so soon after the key witness was interrogated.

Unless, that is, the interview was a formality. If the decision had already been made not to charge Hillary, subject to a final interview designed to dot some I’s and cross some T’s and give her one last chance to incriminate herself, then CNN’s sources would be well positioned to leak on Saturday afternoon. Maybe all the feds really wanted from the interview was a splashy bit of news designed to show the public that they had done their due diligence and conducted a “real” investigation, replete with an interrogation of Hillary Clinton, before handing her her “get out of jail free” card. And now it occurs to me: If it’s true that the decision not to charge her had already been made by the time she sat for her interview, maybe word about the decision had gotten back to Bill Clinton before he decided to visit Loretta Lynch on her plane. Knowing that Hillary was off scot-free wouldn’t affect the appearance of impropriety created by Bill huddling with Lynch but it might help explain why he would do something so boneheaded. If he knew for a fact that Hillary had already been cleared and that the investigation was over, he might have dropped his guard about how it would look to the public if he met with Lynch. What’s the harm in it? She’s already off the hook, right?

Another curious bit of timing: Obama’s appearance at Hillary’s rally today in North Carolina was announced last Wednesday, just two days after the Clinton/Lynch meeting on the tarmac in Phoenix. That was another curious bit of timing. Obama campaigning publicly with someone who’s being investigated by his own DOJ would have been egregiously inappropriate. There was no reason for O to hit the trail for her while an investigation was pending; he could have held off until the convention while waiting for Jim Comey and the FBI to issue their recommendation. The fact that he scheduled the rally when he did and announced it days in advance suggests that Obama already knew that it would be wrapped up by today and that the outcome would be favorable to his party. Either that or O announced the rally as a way to nudge Comey and his deputies that the investigation had better be wrapped up by today. Letting his boss’s boss walk out onstage next to Hillary when she’s in legal limbo wouldn’t have made Comey any friends inside the White House.

In fact, the more I think about it, having watched that hostage-video performance that Comey put on this morning, the more I wonder if he timed this the way he did in order to maximize the political pain to Obama and Hillary as much as he could. Go watch his statement yourself. He’s palpably uncomfortable. He goes out of his way to note the things Clinton did wrong — top-secret e-mails on the server, a culture of lax security within the State Department, “extremely careless” handling of state secrets by her and her staff. All of that speaks directly to her competence as president and Comey knows it. He wasn’t going to let her walk without damaging her politically. In fact, he even winked at the double standard involved in choosing not to prosecute her with this passage at the very end:

To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now.

He spent 90 percent of his remarks making the case for why she’s guilty before the twist ending that no charges would be recommended. The presser felt like a 10-page suicide note that ends with “But on second thought, I’m not going to kill myself.” Comey may have (and should have) resented the political pressure he was under to clear Clinton, especially now that Lynch had essentially punted the decision to him alone to make, and chose to do everything he could to make Clinton and Obama suffer for it, up to and including making the announcement just a few hours before their joint rally in North Carolina. Now a shady decision to let her walk will look even shadier, with Comey’s boss side by side onstage with the unjustly freed suspect who was coincidentally cleared by the FBI mere hours in advance. Not charging her was going to reek no matter how it was done but Comey made the stench overpowering. Hard to believe a guy as smart as him didn’t do it deliberately.

Exit question: Why did Comey note at the end that he didn’t believe any reasonable prosecutor would bring charges under these circumstances? That’s a question for a grand jury, no

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2016, 07:25:59 pm »
The problem with that is that even if it is Trump...and he instructs HIS Attorney general to re-investigate the charges...there are too many career lawyers at Justice...some that have been there since Carter...many more installed by Clinton and Obama that will make sure nothing happens or goes forward.

That's always the problem with Liberals in office...the public faces may disappear in 4-8 years...but the people they put into career positions make it damn near impossible to reverse any of the damage they do.

Meh ... we do it anyway.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2016, 07:26:52 pm »
It simply proves once and for all that America has become a common, turd-world banana republic... Venezuela with toilet paper.

I am so outraged and so sad over this!
(It is an unmanly thing to admit but God Help Me .. I am on the verge of tears)

I now regret that I hadn't run off to Canada when I had the opportunity!

This is not what I fought for!

This is NOT what my brothers in arms died for!

God help us all.
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2016, 07:30:04 pm »
I am so outraged and so sad over this!
(It is an unmanly thing to admit but God Help Me .. I am on the verge of tears)

I now regret that I hadn't run off to Canada when I had the opportunity!

This is not what I fought for!

This is NOT what my brothers in arms died for!

God help us all.

Hey, anybody with an avatar like that is A-1 in my book, tears or not.   :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline flowers

« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2016, 07:41:03 pm »
Well as I see it the fix may very well be in but not as secure as they might think. Trumps thrown some heavy blows into the overall election environment since he began.....I suspect he'll be doing likewise against Hillary and Bill and as effective as what brought him to rise to the Nominee.

It's going to be interesting because Trump is up against not only the Clinton Machinery...but the Obama Machinery as well.....and even the GOPe.  But he has some heavy hitters on his side of this fight so some may well be as surprised as the were in the primary.
It is going to be interesting.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2016, 07:42:37 pm »
Meh ... we do it anyway.

Problem is when it goes nowhere again...the Left gets to cry "witch hunt" that much louder and can use this as a club the next time a Liberal commits 110 violations of the Espionage Act.

Look don't get me wrong I'd like to see them get this thing rammed through and toss her ass in jail...whether it's now or 4 years from now.  But the political reality is this was the last best shot to get the Clintons on all of their criminal activity/behavior.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 07:45:10 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline flowers

« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2016, 07:50:27 pm »
Problem is when it goes nowhere again...the Left gets to cry "witch hunt" that much louder and can use this as a club the next time a Liberal commits 110 violations of the Espionage Act.

Look don't get me wrong I'd like to see them get this thing rammed through and toss her ass in jail...whether it's now or 4 years from now.  But the political reality is this was the last best shot to get the Clintons on all of their criminal activity/behavior.
I agree.

Offline flowers

« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2016, 07:51:04 pm »
That, and the thousands of FBI files the Clinton's squirreled away with along with whatever else Sandy Bergler shoved down his pants.
Yep!

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2016, 08:30:29 pm »
SOURCE: GATEWAY PUNDIT

URL: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/07/fbi-director-comey-person-engaged-similar-circumstances-face-sanctions/

by: Jim Hoft

FBI Director James Comey exonerated Hillary Clinton of criminal prosecution in the investigation of her email scandal on Tuesday.

Then Comey added this:

To be clear this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. . To the contrary those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions but that’s not what we’re deciding here.

Obviously, the rule of law is for the little people.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE VIDEO...

« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 08:35:19 pm by SirLinksALot »

geronl

« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2016, 08:41:03 pm »
"Republican" James Comey was confirmed by the US Senate 93-1, 2 voting Present and sworn in during Sept of 2013 for a 10 year term.

That means whoever the next President(s) is (are) has this guy for nearly 2 terms.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2016, 08:47:54 pm »
FBI Director Comey Obliterated These Hillary Talking Points

URL: http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/05/fbi-director-comey-obliterated-these-hillary-talking-points/

by: Chuck Ross

While FBI Director James Comey announced in a surprise press conference on Tuesday that he will recommend that charges not be filed against Hillary Clinton and her aides for mishandling classified information, the Obama appointee torched talking points that the former secretary of state has used in defense of her email practices.

Clinton talking point No. 1: Her emails were not classified

Clinton has in the past said that her emails were not classified when they were sent and received. Her campaign has also questioned the integrity of the Intelligence Community’s inspector general, which assessed last year that some of Clinton’s emails were classified at the “Top Secret” level when they were originated.

But Comey settled the question in decisive fashion on Tuesday, demolishing Clinton’s claims.

“From the group of 30,000 e-mails returned to the State Department, 110 e-mails in 52 e-mail chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information at the time they were sent or received,” Comey said.

“Top Secret” information was contained in eight of those email chains. “Secret” information was in 36 chains, and eight held “confidential” information.

Clinton talking point No. 2: She returned all work-related emails

Comey said that Clinton failed to turn over “several thousand” work-related emails to the State Department in December 2014.

The undermines the former secretary of state’s repeated assertion that she did turn over all such records.
“The FBI also discovered several thousand work-related e-mails that were not in the group of 30,000 that were returned by Secretary Clinton to State in 2014,” Comey said, adding that the additional emails were recovered “in a variety of ways.”

Clinton has claimed that she was over-inclusive in deciding which emails to return to the State Department.

“In providing these emails to the Department, Clinton included all she had that were even potentially work-related—including emails about using a fax machine or asking for iced tea during a meeting — erring on the side of over-inclusion,” her campaign website reads.

Comey said that some of Clinton’s missing work emails had been deleted. Traces of those records were found on devices that Clinton used over the years. Others were recovered from archived records of other government employees’ email accounts. Still more were found in the form of email fragments dumped into what Comey called the “slack space” of the server that Clinton decommissioned after she left office in 2013.

Three of the work-related emails that Clinton failed to turn over to State contained classified information, according to Comey.

One contained “Secret” information and two held confidential information.

Comey did say that investigators found no evidence that those additional emails were “intentionally deleted in an effort to conceal them.”

“Our assessment is that, like many e-mail users, Secretary Clinton periodically deleted e-mails or e-mails were purged from the system when devices were changed,” he said.

Clinton talking point No. 3: Classified emails were not “marked” classified

As evidence mounted last year that Clinton sent and received classified information, she adopted a new defense: the classified emails were not “marked” as such when Clinton sent and received them, she said.

“No information in Clinton’s emails was marked classified at the time she sent or received them,” Clinton says on her campaign website.

But Comey laid out the case that Clinton should have known that classified information was classified regardless of whether it was marked as such.

“Even if information is not marked ‘classified’ in an e-mail, participants who know or should know that the subject matter is classified are still obligated to protect it,” he said.

Comey’s statement backs up the finding last year that Clinton signed a government form when she took office in which she acknowledged that there is no distinction between “marked” and “unmarked” classified information.

In fact, the FBI director hinted that some of Clinton’s emails contained classified markings.

“Only a very small number of the e-mails containing classified information bore markings indicating the presence of classified information,” he said.

Clinton talking point No. 4: She took the security of her email system seriously

Comey contradicted Clinton’s claims that she and her staff took seriously the job of securing her emails and server.

The FBI director noted that Clinton’s setup, which was maintained by State Department information technology specialist Bryan Pagliano, did not have the kind of full-time support staff that it merited.

“None of these e-mails should have been on any kind of unclassified system, but their presence is especially concerning because all of these e-mails were housed on unclassified personal servers not even supported by full-time security staff, like those found at Departments and Agencies of the U.S. Government — or even with a commercial service like Gmail,” Comey said.

But on her website, Clinton’s campaign states: “The security and integrity of her family’s electronic communications was taken seriously from the onset when it was first set up for President Clinton’s team.”

Clinton was so careless with protecting her communications that she often used email while visiting countries highly developed spy capabilities.

“She also used her personal e-mail extensively while outside the United States, including sending and receiving work-related e-mails in the territory of sophisticated adversaries. Given that combination of factors, we assess it is possible that hostile actors gained access to Secretary Clinton’s personal e-mail account,” Comey said.

Comey said that investigators did not find “direct evidence” that Clinton’s email domain was “successfully hacked.” But he added that sophisticated actors would likely not leave direct evidence of breaches.

Clinton talking point No. 5: It was a “security review” rather than a criminal investigation

Comey has already exposed Clinton’s claim that the FBI’s probe was a mere “security review.” Earlier this year he told reporters that he was not familiar with the term and that the FBI’s name includes the word “investigation.”

But Clinton and her allies took advantage of the fact that neither Comey nor any other federal law enforcement official had explicitly stated that the investigation was criminal in nature.

“Is Department of Justice conducting a criminal inquiry into Clinton’s email use?” reads a question on Clinton’s website.

“No,” reads the response. “As the Department of Justice and Inspectors General made clear, the IGs made a security referral. This was not criminal in nature as misreported by some in the press. The Department of Justice is now seeking assurances about the storage of materials related to Clinton’s email account.”
But in announcing that he would be recommending that no charges should be filed against Clinton, Comey indicated that the investigation had been a criminal one all along.

“In looking back at our investigations into mishandling or removal of classified information, we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts,” he said.

Clinton talking point No. 6: Her lawyers read through all of her emails

Clinton’s campaign has claimed that her attorneys read through all of the 60,000-plus emails stored on her server before deciding which to delete and which to turn over to the State Department.

“Every one of the more than 60,000 emails were read,” Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill told Time last March.

Comey threw cold water all over that idea on Tuesday.

“The lawyers doing the sorting for Secretary Clinton in 2014 did not individually read the content of all of her emails, as we did for those available to us,” he said.

Clinton’s lawyers, which included at least two of her State Department colleagues, “relied on header information and used search terms” in an attempt to pick out work-related emails.

The campaign gave the State Department more than 30,000 of the emails Clinton’s lawyers claimed were work-related. The other half were deleted.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/05/fbi-director-comey-obliterated-these-hillary-talking-points/2/#ixzz4DZMZQ4jE

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2016, 09:04:47 pm »
rotten corrupt SOB's :wtf!: :3:
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2016, 09:36:53 pm »
This must be that transparency in Government these bad actors promised us.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/04/report-hillary-is-considering-keeping-loretta-lynch-as-attorney-general/

Make it so transparent that a dead man couldn't miss the connection.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2016, 09:46:51 pm »