Author Topic: FBI recommends no charges against Clinton in email probe  (Read 6837 times)

Offline ScottinVA

FBI recommends no charges against Clinton in email probe
« on: July 05, 2016, 03:30:10 pm »
FBI Director James Comey announced that an investigation has uncovered that while Hillary Clinton “used several different” email servers and numerous devices during her time as secretary of state, the agency is not recommending the Justice Department bring charges against Clinton.

“Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case. Prosecutors necessarily weigh a number of factors before deciding whether to bring charges,” Comey said.

Comey prefaced the announcement by saying that he has not coordinated his statement with the Justice Department or any other government agency.
“They do not know what I'm about to say,” Comey said, thanking the agents who worked on the case.

More at:  http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/fbi-recommends-no-charges-against-clinton-in-email-probe-225102

Offline cammie

Re: FBI recommends no charges against Clinton in email probe
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 03:36:26 pm »
Disgraceful.  Wanton negligence with top secret info is apparently acceptable these days.
Awesome.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 03:42:37 pm »
Disgraceful.  Wanton negligence with top secret info is apparently acceptable these days.
Awesome.

Comey stated that he couldn't find a similar case that warranted a prosecution.

Has he not heard of General David Petraeus?   He's somewhat well known.

Anytime I hear that someone is "above reproach" and whose integrity is "impeccable" I know the fix is in.   The fix has been in since the start.

What shocks is the sheer brazenness of the Obama cabal:   DoJ Lynch meeting with Bill Clinton for a private conversation and Obama scheduling a "victory" campaign celebration with Hillary Clinton the afternoon following a non-referral by the "professional" James Comey.

It's sickening.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 03:47:28 pm »
Awesome.

It simply proves once and for all that America has become a common, turd-world banana republic... Venezuela with toilet paper.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 03:47:29 pm »
No surprise here!

We have become nothing more than just another banana republic.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 03:47:53 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 03:51:49 pm »
Somehow, lack of  nefarious intent is an excuse for criminal behavior. I cannot stop my head from spinning.

Offline kidd

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 04:01:08 pm »
So if someone wants to sell top secret information,
remove the classification markings and send it by email to a co-worker

Just let the buyer know what unsecured server it will be sent on in advance.

If caught, just claim lack of intent to do it maliciously.

Offline bob434

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 04:01:19 pm »
[[ lack of  nefarious intent ]]

ONLY liberals have the harder to prove qualifier "Nefarious" (or "Criminal intent") added to the charge- everyone else is judged based solely on 'intent'

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 04:05:50 pm »
There is no justice or rule of law for some people anymore in this country. This proves they are truly above the law. Now explain to me how she's going to be looked at credibly or with a bit of seriousness if she is sword in as President?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 04:06:23 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 04:06:14 pm »
FBI recommends no charges against Clinton in email probe
'This investigation was done honestly, competently and independently, no outside influence of any kind was brought to bear.'
By NICK GASS 07/05/16 11:18 AM EDT

AP

FBI Director James Comey on Tuesday announced the agency is not recommending the Justice Department bring charges against Hillary Clinton, despite denouncing the former secretary of state and her colleagues for the way they handled classified information through private email servers.

"Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is information that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information," Comey told reporters in Washington, D.C., noting that the probe has found that the former secretary of state used several different email servers and numerous devices during her time in office.

Even so, Comey added later, “Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case. Prosecutors necessarily weigh a number of factors before deciding whether to bring charges."

In prosecuting similar cases, Comey noted that past instances have "involved some combination of clearly intentional and willful mishandling of classified information or vast quantities of information exposed in such a way as to support an inference of intentional misconduct or indications of disloyalty to the United States or efforts to obstruct justice."

"We do not see those things here. To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions, but that's not what we're deciding now," Comey added. “As a result, although the Department of Justice makes final decisions on matters like this, we are expressing to Justice our view that no charges are appropriate in this case."

[Excerpt.]

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/fbi-recommends-no-charges-against-clinton-in-email-probe-225102
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 04:12:46 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 04:07:41 pm »
Comey stated that he couldn't find a similar case that warranted a prosecution.

Has he not heard of General David Petraeus?   He's somewhat well known.

Anytime I hear that someone is "above reproach" and whose integrity is "impeccable" I know the fix is in.   The fix has been in since the start.

What shocks is the sheer brazenness of the Obama cabal:   DoJ Lynch meeting with Bill Clinton for a private conversation and Obama scheduling a "victory" campaign celebration with Hillary Clinton the afternoon following a non-referral by the "professional" James Comey.

It's sickening.

I listened to every word by Comey. He laid out a devastating case against Clinton. I was astounded when he said the no reasonable prosecutor would bring charges. His press conference and the detail he went into was unprecedented. Comey called Clinton grossly careless and the federal statute requiring protection of classified information includes negligence -criminal intent is not required. An indictment is perfectly justified. All traces of a constitutional government are gone. We are being ruled by utterly corrupt career politicians.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 04:07:52 pm »
Utter unadulterated corruption in the highest level of our government.  The Punk POTUS and Hitlerly have pulled off unscathed an act 10X worse than Nixon's.

Texas Secede......Now
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2016, 04:09:27 pm »
In prosecuting similar cases, Comey noted that past instances have "involved some combination of clearly intentional and willful mishandling of classified information or vast quantities of information exposed in such a way as to support an inference of intentional misconduct or indications of disloyalty to the United States or efforts to obstruct justice."
"We do not see those things here. To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions, but that's not what we're deciding now," Comey added. “As a result, although the Department of Justice makes final decisions on matters like this, we are expressing to Justice our view that no charges are appropriate in this case."

[Excerpt.]

In other words: We are masters of obfuscation, lies and political pandering. Do not attempt this on your own.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2016, 04:11:52 pm »
I note that Politico has already modified the story since I posted, with different subhead and graphic.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2016, 04:12:38 pm »
It will be interesting to see if any senior level agents retire or quit in protest of this.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline austingirl

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2016, 04:13:00 pm »
I watched the whole thing. Comey laid out a devastating case of Clinton's guilt. I was stunned when he said no reasonable prosecutor would bring charges. The information he disclosed was unprecedented in detail. The federal stature regarding protection of classified information does not require intent- gross negligence is justification for indictment.

This stinks. We have no rule of law in this banana republic.  **nononono*

Offline Cowboyway

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2016, 04:13:20 pm »
They couldn't bring charges against Hillary without entangling The Magic Negro in the mess and we all know that he is untouchable.
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2016, 04:14:52 pm »
I watched the whole thing. Comey laid out a devastating case of Clinton's guilt. I was stunned when he said no reasonable prosecutor would bring charges. The information he disclosed was unprecedented in detail. The federal stature regarding protection of classified information does not require intent- gross negligence is justification for indictment.

It is official. She is now running to stay out of prison (if her opponent was anyone but Trump).
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline austingirl

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2016, 04:14:54 pm »
One could not willfully mishandle classified information more egregiously than setting up an unsecured private server.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2016, 04:16:33 pm »
They couldn't bring charges against Hillary without entangling The Magic Negro in the mess and we all know that he is untouchable.

Excellent point. Zero sent and received emails from her private server. There is no rule of law for our rulers.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2016, 04:16:53 pm »
Well folks, this is what Fundamental Transformation looks like after velvet coup.

We have a stalking horse set up by the same criminal to ensure she is crowned dear leader with absolutely no opposition whatsoever, and the multitudes fell for it.

Half the population WANTS Communism and the existing citizenry is being REPLACED by aliens with no intention of assimilating into an American culture that is dying.

Look, we are no longer a Constitutional Republic.  We lost that officially when the legislature refused to hold Obama accountable for unConstitutional acts, and surrendered their authority to the Executive Dictatorship we now have for a presidency.

Don't fool yourselves.  You cannot vote out tyranny or tyrants.  You cannot stop where we have arrived via civil means.  Our own history of Independence proves this.

Get your minds right, because the game is not going to be which policy can be stopped or which bozo will take the "oath" - but the game is going to be surviving what is inevitable.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2016, 04:18:38 pm »
It will be interesting to see if any senior level agents retire or quit in protest of this.

Doubtful.

How many Senior Commanders, Generals and Admirals in the Armed Forces quit over what Obama has done to them?

It's all about personal enrichment, graft, status and power now.

Even if the country is defenseless and without justice.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2016, 04:20:05 pm »

To make a long story short ---- Comey outlines the evidence,  then states the law that shows how the actions she took were a felony, then he recommends no enforcement action should be taken. 

MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL unless they do not want to enforce the law and simply make Hillary the EXCEPTION to the law ( once again ).

What this tells me is this --- FBI'S COMEY JUST ANNOUNCED THAT IF YOU BREAK THE LAW YOU WILL NOT BE INDICTED IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE CLINTON

The rule of law is dead, it only applies to some people but not the chosen ones.

USA, take your rightful place among the despots of the third world banana republics. Accept your fate,

« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 04:26:03 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline austingirl

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2016, 04:21:54 pm »
So if someone wants to sell top secret information,
remove the classification markings and send it by email to a co-worker

Just let the buyer know what unsecured server it will be sent on in advance.

If caught, just claim lack of intent to do it maliciously.

Exactly. Comey stated that those co-workers had their email accounts hacked by foreign entities. And not a word about the Clinton Crime Foundation.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2016, 04:22:53 pm »
There is no justice or rule of law for some people anymore in this country. This proves they are truly above the law. Now explain to me how she's going to be looked at credibly or with a bit of seriousness if she is sword in as President?

I cannot fathom the mentality of anyone who would vote for this criminal.