Author Topic: LET'S SEE.... WHAT ARE MY CHOICES.?  (Read 10484 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: LET'S SEE.... WHAT ARE MY CHOICES.?
« Reply #175 on: July 03, 2016, 09:31:43 pm »
This isn't about whose urine is clearer,  @INVAR   

There's an important election ahead with two distinctly different ideologies facing off against each other.

Put down the bible and set your 'special' brand of Conservatism aside, and support the Nominee against Hillary Clinton.

@DCPatriot

:thumbsup3:

« Reply #176 on: July 03, 2016, 09:35:26 pm »
That about sums up the Trump follower creed, doesn't it?

Give up your morals, your values, everything important to you, .../

Stop it, @musiclady,  just stop this  :bs:   We are fighting to save America. 

@DCPatriot

« Reply #177 on: July 03, 2016, 09:36:16 pm »

Offline flowers

« Reply #178 on: July 03, 2016, 09:38:50 pm »
I am so glad you're still here @flowers   :beer:
Thanks....still need to know how to kiss Trumps ring. I didn't get that memo until just now. @Right_in_Virginia

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #179 on: July 03, 2016, 09:39:59 pm »
Let us fight it out.  You can set limits on cursing, vulgarity and the like - we do not need to become a cesspool

When Tracy and I founded TBR we encouraged vigorous debate without the insults, cursing and vulgarity. Why can't we get back to that without every term being an insult and a post report filed.

We have some brilliant minds here and talented writers..why do I and the MODS have to ride herd over every thread lately.

Everyone on both sides have gotten to be too damn sensitive...this is an adult political forum!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

« Reply #180 on: July 03, 2016, 09:41:03 pm »
Insulting other posters will not win them over to your side. 

Seriously, is this from you @sinkspur?  ... I ask you this as one who fought to reinstate you for insulting others to the point of banishment.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #181 on: July 03, 2016, 09:50:51 pm »
Insulting other posters will not win them over to your side.  And I will not set aside a lifetime of voting for good and decent men for president to support a mentally unstable bigot.

Buddy....first of all, the poster probably had to go on meds for his separation anxiety from TOS.

Secondly, he proved himself so determined to die on "principle hill", that he got thrown off TOS.

Thirdly, anybody that has read his posts since he's been here, together with his history, knows that he's not interested in being won over my my side.

He's an in-your-face contrarian.   Nothing new.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

« Reply #182 on: July 03, 2016, 09:54:55 pm »
Buddy....first of all, the poster probably had to go on meds for his separation anxiety from TOS.

Secondly, he proved himself so determined to die on "principle hill", that he got thrown off TOS.

Thirdly, anybody that has read his posts since he's been here, together with his history, knows that he's not interested in being won over my my side.

Spot on @DCPatriot

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #183 on: July 03, 2016, 10:08:07 pm »
Ahhhh bub, your assumptive ignorance and outright lies are astounding.  Lies because I have explained all this to you before.

I did , did I?   Which meds and from what sites would that anxiety be from?

And which site would that be?  I'm a member and Mod on myriad forums, BBs and groups for 18 years and never once was banned by any of them.   

If you are referencing FR - I was never thrown off unless it happened after I stopped going there and one of you complained about my posts here to JR, which I would not put past you people.  I was never banned to my knowledge.  I never opused.    I just left, and never went back.

That is the only thing you've written that I agree wholeheartedly with. 

I will be forever in your face, because as Palin said last week - because I am not with you and your prince - I am against you.

So I am going to live up to that assertion much more vociferously than I have thus far.

You wanted to make us enemies - and keep fanning the flames of this internecine war, you got it.

I love to fight.  Been doing it in and outside the ring for decades.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #184 on: July 03, 2016, 10:10:18 pm »
  Spot on @DCPatriot

Spot on is he?

Last I checked (10 seconds ago) I'm still a member at FR.

Perhaps you know what meds I'm supposed to be taking.

That is the thing about you Trump people - you assume so much that just isn't so.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

geronl

« Reply #185 on: July 03, 2016, 10:15:30 pm »

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #186 on: July 03, 2016, 10:16:59 pm »
When Tracy and I founded TBR we encouraged vigorous debate without the insults, cursing and vulgarity. Why can't we get back to that without every term being an insult and a post report filed.

We have some brilliant minds here and talented writers..why do I and the MODS have to ride herd over every thread lately.

Everyone on both sides have gotten to be too damn sensitive...this is an adult political forum!
Sad to say @mystery-ak but its only going to get worse as we go into the Convention. That is what is causing the increased tension you are seeing. The Anti-Trumps are worried that the Dump Trump is going to fail while the Pro-Trump side is concerned about party corruption and the the establishment on both sides opposed to Trump.

Even after Trump is nominated I expect to see a surge in hostility as a lashing out. Its the tension build up before a battle.

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #187 on: July 03, 2016, 10:19:11 pm »

I sure appreciate this statement.  Agree  completely.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #188 on: July 03, 2016, 10:19:21 pm »
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #189 on: July 03, 2016, 10:23:08 pm »
Sad to say @mystery-ak but its only going to get worse as we go into the Convention. That is what is causing the increased tension you are seeing. The Anti-Trumps are worried that the Dump Trump is going to fail while the Pro-Trump side is concerned about party corruption and the the establishment on both sides opposed to Trump.

Even after Trump is nominated I expect to see a surge in hostility as a lashing out. Its the tension build up before a battle.

Hard to imagine a surge in hostility from what we have now.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #190 on: July 03, 2016, 10:24:49 pm »
Hard to imagine a surge in hostility from what we have now.

I'll have to get some more MODS... :thud:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #191 on: July 03, 2016, 10:26:10 pm »

Please explain how a 40+ year old article is pertinent to today?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #192 on: July 03, 2016, 10:26:50 pm »
I'll have to get some more MODS... :thud:

LOL.  No one will want the job.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #193 on: July 03, 2016, 10:28:21 pm »
LOL.  No one will want the job.

You got that right.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #194 on: July 03, 2016, 10:38:00 pm »
You got that right.

I am currently Op'ed in 10 IRC channels with 4 being politics related, and can tell you this, its much better here.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #195 on: July 03, 2016, 10:42:07 pm »
Support the USO

Offline Chasaway

« Reply #196 on: July 03, 2016, 10:44:55 pm »

"...There's an important election ahead with two distinctly different ideologies facing off against each other..."

Okay, I don't think anyone on this board would disagree with this statement, by itself.

Here's the rub: I don't think it's the two ideologies you're thinking of. I believe it's two others.

Group One: A group who's "ideology" really hates Hillary, the GOPe, the establishment and all it represents. They fear what Hillary will do and what the GOPe will do if in office and left alone. They are furious about being betrayed by their own party (GOPe) and scared spitless about what Hillary will do if she gains the office. They SAY they believe the Constitution is the defining, baseline rulebook for our country. They believe that contract has been broken. This group is actually a sub-set.

The other ideology, Group Two, really hates Hillary, the GOPe, the establishment and all it represents, too. BUT, it also hates anti-freedom, tyranny, big government, "progressive" causes/mentalities that encroach on freedoms and people who tend to vilify anyone that disagrees with them. They are constitutional conservatives that see the American Contract being broken. They believe the Constitution is the defining, baseline rulebook for our country. They believe that contract has been broken.

Group one has seemed to coalesce around Trump. Trump SAYS he's going to be mean to the establishment. Trump SAYS he's going to fix stuff. Trump SAYS he's going to build a wall, ban muslims, etc. And Group one (rightly, in my mind) thinks that would be terrific. But, Group one also ignores warning signs about Trump. Or if they don't ignore the signs, they just won't allow discussion about them. They tend to vilify and disparage anyone with negative or critical comments about their guy. They are trapped into a binary thought process; either/or.

Group Group two sees Trump as a possible antidote...but one that may have too many side effects to be worth the risk. They don't disagree that much of what he SAYS he'll do would work and they would dig it if someone actually did it. But, because of history and an understanding of the way government works and an understanding of the Constitution , they realize two BIG things:

1. For a lot of what Trump promise to get accomplished to get accomplished, he would have to operate extra-Constitutionally, or Congress would have to cooperate in a fashion that it's NEVER cooperated before, or;
2. Trump ain't gonna get it done at all and is just saying what he needs to say to get people to sign on.

Either way, Group two isn't having any of it. They don't want their name on this person's legacy. They feel like there is ALWAYS another way; a better way.

But even if it is binary, they'll not sacrifice their principles because of a threat. They'll not roll over again, because "our" candidate is [seemingly] closer to our convictions than another.

It's not hard to understand. It's easy if you try.

And taking this principled approach is more honorable...and admittedly, more fraught with danger and risk than the easier, go-with-the-flow option.

It's just an abhorrent choice for us.

We just choose to continue to hunt for alternatives to what we see as two bad choices. And if the "lesser of two evils" is one of the choices, we'd really rather not vote for evil at all.

There's enough around without us putting our imprimatur on it.
"That's all I can stands; I can't stands n' more!"

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #197 on: July 03, 2016, 10:46:18 pm »

Seriously, is this from you @sinkspur?  ... I ask you this as one who fought to reinstate you for insulting others to the point of banishment.

I had no idea.  I do appreciate it, but, as you can see, I rely less on myself these days and more on the words of others to oppose Big Orange.   Everything that can be said has mostly been said, or so I thought.

Then Trump comes along and tweets something from a white supremacist site. 

He will NEVER learn, which is why he is so dangerous and must never be president.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

« Reply #198 on: July 03, 2016, 10:47:16 pm »
Thanks....still need to know how to kiss Trumps ring. I didn't get that memo until just now. @Right_in_Virginia

@flowers

LOL!   :laugh: