Author Topic: Man Who Voted For Brexit Is 'A Bit Shocked' His Vote Counted, Is Now 'Worried'  (Read 509 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://theslot.jezebel.com/man-who-voted-for-brexit-is-a-bit-shocked-his-vote-coun-1782553004?utm_medium=sharefromsite&utm_source=The_Slot_twitter

Man Who Voted For Brexit Is 'A Bit Shocked' His Vote Counted, Is Now 'Worried'

Anna Merlan
Yesterday 9:40am

A befuddled British voter named Adam who is having a very bewildering day told the BBC that he is “a bit shocked, to be honest” that he voted to leave the EU and now Britain has done gone and left the EU. Adam, whose last name was mercifully withheld, didn’t think his vote counted, you see.

Here’s a video of a man finding out live and in real time that voting is not theoretical:

http://video.metro.co.uk/video/met/2016/06/24/7034296010219408740/960x540_7034296010219408740.mp4

A transcript: (Video at source)

"I’m a bit shocked to be honest. I’m shocked that we actually have voted to Leave, I didn’t think that was going to happen.

My vote, I didn’t think was going to matter too much because I thought we were just going to Remain, and the David Cameron resignation has blown me away to be honest.

I think the period of uncertainty that we’re going to have for the next couple of months, that’s just been magnified now.

So yeah, quite worried."

Adam, look what you did:

CNNMoney
‏@CNNMoney

U.S. stocks in tailspin after historic U.K. vote to exit EU. Dow plunges 500 points on fears for global economy. http://cnnmon.ie/bkgnews

For God’s sake.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

There are idiots in every country.  Few are willing to come forward and admit it.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

Why is it not surprising that some people in here are pushing the globalist arguments and propaganda?
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Right_in_Virginia

What is "theslot@jezebel.com"?  @sinkspur

« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 03:27:32 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
If I remember correctly, Jezebel is ultra-feminist and ultra-leftist.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

If I remember correctly, Jezebel is ultra-feminist and ultra-leftist.

Wow.  Thanks.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Wittle bedwetting cwybabies. Mommy, I want a makeover. I didn't know the vote was for weal.

Gimme my bwankie, so I can cwy my wittle self to sweep.

BTW I am a phony "conservative" and I follow The Deacon, on his latest site.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RoosGirl

I was reading this article last night: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/among-young-britons-fear-and-despair-over-vote-to-leave-eu/ar-AAhBoFX?ocid=spartanntp

Stupid little morons can't figure out how to live without someone telling them how to. We're in the same boat here. These young people are beyond pathetic; gov't and public school has kept them utterly ignorant and made them unable to think for themselves.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The premise alone is pathetic.

They found one voter with a tinge of 'buyer's remorse', and try to paint a happy ending.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
http://theslot.jezebel.com/man-who-voted-for-brexit-is-a-bit-shocked-his-vote-coun-1782553004?utm_medium=sharefromsite&utm_source=The_Slot_twitter

Man Who Voted For Brexit Is 'A Bit Shocked' His Vote Counted, Is Now 'Worried'
(snip)

Count on the leftist media to find the one idiot in all of Britain who didn't think his vote for Brexit would count, and is worried that it did.
  :boring:
Let it burn.

Offline WAC

Count on the leftist media to find the one idiot in all of Britain who didn't think his vote for Brexit would count, and is worried that it did.
  :boring:

Isn't that the truth! LOLOL

Offline WAC

There are idiots in every country.  Few are willing to come forward and admit it.

The idiot said he didn't think it would matter what he voted as he didn't think the Uk would leave.......or that Cameron would step down...(even though he;s staying for three months).........His problem is like so many...they don't think it's going to count. In fact they give no serious thought to their vote! They just pick a side and ride the waves......

Offline truth_seeker

A true story. Summer 1970 in a small village outside a medium sized city in southern Germany. I am 22 years old, serving in the US Army. I live on the local German economy in the city with my wife and daughter.

Our friends (a young couple with a baby)  live in the village. Visiting is a high school buddy of the husband. He is upper middle class, from SoCal. He is on an extended vacation in Europe. He has a new Land Rover, btw.

But the visitor is at the end of his funds. Needs to get a job. He gets a job in construction, carrying buckets of cement from the ground floor, up to the 2nd and 3rd floors, under construction.

He is living with the couple in the village. When he comes home the first few days he is exhausted. Possibly never worked so hard, in his life.

So the three of us guys chat, and drink German beer together. I ask him one night:  "why don't they use a beam and pulley, the same way they move furniture upstairs?" He says he will ask his co-workers.

Next night, he returns with the answer from his German co-workers: They tell him they do it the same way they always have. If they used the pulley, somebody would not have a job.

I don't know what happened to him. The other guy eventually completed his MS in Geology. His wife completed her MEd and became a high ranking educator. Me, I finished my business college education, and wrote a thesis on the German economy--East and West. And had a 20 year career, including international business responsibilities.

Europeans are not as willing to take risks, as Americans. We are mainly from their stock, but the boldest came to America, and the risk averse remained there. (To a certain extent the same model applied to the trek across our continent, btw)

MORAL OF THE STORY for Americans: The Brits that manned up and voted Exit are like our ancestors, who risked it all sailing across hostile seas, to see if they could make better lives.

So Man the Eff up !!

Offline Mechanicos

Next night, he returns with the answer from his German co-workers: They tell him they do it the same way they always have. If they used the pulley, somebody would not have a job.

I encountered the same thing with Engineers from Mercedes. They told me their apprenticeship involved hand filing a block of steal for weeks to get a "feel" of the metal. They joked about how if digging a ditch and a wall was in the way  it would be perfectly straight up to the wall, then around the wall and take up exactly on the opposite side again. Fantastic engineers but they had a hard time with Yankee ingenuity - the lack of discipline... 
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline truth_seeker

I encountered the same thing with Engineers from Mercedes. They told me their apprenticeship involved hand filing a block of steal for weeks to get a "feel" of the metal. They joked about how if digging a ditch and a wall was in the way  it would be perfectly straight up to the wall, then around the wall and take up exactly on the opposite side again. Fantastic engineers but they had a hard time with Yankee ingenuity - the lack of discipline...
We were less than 50 kilometers from the Mercedes factory, outside Stuttgart, BTW. And the Porsche factory. And our city is where high end Audis are built, today.

Are German cars "over engineered?" Of course they are. Wouldn't you want it to be, for 300 km/h? "schnell fahren"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmaydZh7cQc