Author Topic: #NeverTrump: The media is using you as pawns. Don't Let Them.  (Read 2239 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

#NeverTrump: The media is using you as pawns. Don't Let Them.
American Thinker, June 20, 2016, Eugene Slaven

The media's unbridled giddiness over the #NeverTrump camp's worsening Trump Derangement Syndrome is palpable.

Without delving into the debate on the merits of the #NeverTrump movement, it is painfully clear that at this point, the #NeverTrump movement is aiding and abetting the left.

There's no question that many in the #NeverTrump movement aren't just refusing to vote for Trump; they actually want Hillary Clinton to win.  But even if you think that's insane, there's an enormous difference between wanting Donald Trump to lose and legitimizing the left's unrelenting assault on our values.  The former is a short-term political calculation; the latter is a massive strategic blunder.

It appears that #NeverTrump Republicans, who receive ample air time from the press that adores them for their implicit commitment to electing Hillary Clinton, are happy to validate every left-wing talking point, every calumny, so long as it damages Trump. 

The hordes of #NeverTrump Republicans pervading the airwaves to supply political analysis in the aftermath of the Orlando terrorist attack crystalize this phenomenon.  They're not on TV to defend the Second Amendment, or to explain to the ignorant media elites what an "assault" rifle is.  Nor are they there to describe the threat posed by radical Islam, or make the case for why the Obama administration has been an abject failure in the fight against barbaric savages.  They're certainly not on TV to rebut the leftist narrative blaming American culture and Republicans for the Orlando massacre, a narrative underscored by a vile New York Times editorial.

No, instead of pushing back, the media's #NeverTrump darlings obsequiously oblige the media's Trump-bashing and are routinely baited by the media into attacking Trump.

This is criminally shortsighted and negligent.  Like all political actors, Trump is a transient phenomenon, whereas the battle for the soul of our republic is perennial.  If you're willing to allow the left's propagandists in the mainstream media to bait you into accepting left-wing dogma, then you're not on the winning side of the battle.

<snip>

While the piling on may hurt Trump, the more consequential result is that it helps the left.

I know most of the #NeverTrump crowd vehemently opposes the left's narratives and ideological agenda.  But blinded by their Trump-hatred, they appear to be oblivious to the fact that their inability to deftly pivot from disagreeing with Trump to countering the media's left-wing talking points is aiding and abetting the left.

Don't like Trump?  Won't vote for him?  Fine.  But don't lose sight of the bigger conflict between the left and the right, between two competing visions for our country.  Understand that the media is using you as pawns in their war on our values.  Fight back as hard as if your preferred Republican had won the nomination, because I know that you know the media would be viciously attacking any other Republican nominee right now.  They are not anti-Trump so much as they're pro-Hillary, and more broadly, pro-left.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/06/nevertrump_the_media_is_using_you_as_pawns_dont_let_them.html#ixzz4C7Blk5Pm

« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 10:55:18 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: #NeverTrump: The media is using you as pawns. Don't Let Them.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 10:59:58 am »
Without delving into the debate on the merits of the #NeverTrump movement, it is painfully clear that at this point, the #NeverTrump movement is aiding and abetting the left.

:bsflag:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 11:21:26 am »
Nothing says “I’m more conservative than Trump” than helping Hillary get elected.  888blackhat

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 11:21:54 am »
Trump supporters who refuse to see Trump clearly WILL be responsible for handing Hillary the White House.

#1  He has a 70% unfavorability rating.

#2  The VP's that he has been naming have ALL turned him down.

#3  Republicans in the House and Senate that are trying to hold onto their seats are distancing themselves from him in order to hopefully save their seats.

#4  There are MILLIONS of #Never Trump.  That's ok...he has stated that he doesn't need our votes anyways.

#5  He's out of campaign money...I'm still trying to understand this one as he claims to be a billionaire.

#6  He has insulted the very people and the very groups of people who could have actually helped him.  Now he's claiming he'll go it alone; good let him.

#7  He has accused members of his own party of lying, cheating and stealing the primary from him; those that believed him can now live with his lies and accusations.

#8  His supporters have refused to see him for the liberal that he is even when he makes a definitive statement that he needs to become more establishment.

#9  He is entering into the general election with no clear decisive plan other than to keep insulting and attacking...all though he so far has only attacked and insulted those who could have helped him defeat Hillary; he still hasn't gone after her like he has his those in his own party.  He will look like a total buffoon in a debate against her; my hunch is he will cower and refuse to debate her.

#10  He has never intended to defeat his buddy Hillary.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 11:52:44 am »
But don't lose sight of the bigger conflict between the left and the right, between two competing visions for our country.
We tried this "vote against the other side" strategy four years ago, and it didn't work.

Besides, Mitt Romney, for all his faults, was a lot closer to what the right's vision for America represents than Donald Trump is. Trump doesn't represent the right's values, and never has. Yet if one goes down the laundry list of filth Trump does represent, they get slandered as a drama queen.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 11:55:56 am »
Trump supporters who refuse to see Trump clearly WILL be responsible for handing Hillary the White House.

#10  He has never intended to defeat his buddy Hillary.

I've been coming around to this viewpoint myself, lately.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 12:26:10 pm »

Nonsense @Bunny Watson.  #NeverTrumps will be responsible for handing the WH to Hillary Clinton.  Everyone knows it, including you. 

And, please, don't give me the usual litany of reasons Donald Trump has hurt your feelings or has offended your sensitivities, precious as they may be.  High School is over.

Hillary and the MSM thank you, BTW.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 01:00:42 pm »
Nonsense @Bunny Watson.  #NeverTrumps will be responsible for handing the WH to Hillary Clinton.  Everyone knows it, including you. 

And, please, don't give me the usual litany of reasons Donald Trump has hurt your feelings or has offended your sensitivities, precious as they may be.  High School is over.

No sale.

All your browbeating won't make any difference, at best.

Trump will have to earn it.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 01:06:14 pm »

Ditto.

Why would he discuss running for CIC with Bill Clinton before running? Bill had to know Hillary was running , also
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 02:30:29 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 01:08:17 pm »
  #NeverTrumps will be responsible for handing the WH to Hillary Clinton.  Everyone knows it, including you. 

Understood.  Hillary's bad, real bad.  Trump's worse.

But don't blame me for reaching this conclusion.  Perhaps blame yourself for supporting a man that so many principled conservatives and patriots find to be anathema.     
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 02:06:13 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 01:32:14 pm »

I thought the Drumpfmeister didn't need my vote. He said he didn't need the party to be unified to win.   

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2016, 01:44:12 pm »

If you are so certain that there was this faction of #NeverMyCandidate that would give the WH to Hillary, why do you insist on nominating the fool to begin with?

And don't give me me the "he has the best chance to win" because...

A) you just told us he can't win because of the #Never movement, of which you were fully aware

...and...

B) there was no empirical evidence he was the best during the primary. Several candidates were polling much better against Hillary AND had better favorability ratings.

So why did you do it? Have you secretly been in the bag for Hillary all along?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 01:44:37 pm by bolobaby »
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2016, 01:59:51 pm »
Wow.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2016, 02:19:53 pm »
Ignorance of the facts does not make them any less true. Grow up and listen to people for once.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LMAO

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 02:31:56 pm »
If you are so certain that there was this faction of #NeverMyCandidate that would give the WH to Hillary, why do you insist on nominating the fool to begin with?

And don't give me me the "he has the best chance to win" because...

A) you just told us he can't win because of the #Never movement, of which you were fully aware

...and...

B) there was no empirical evidence he was the best during the primary. Several candidates were polling much better against Hillary AND had better favorability ratings.

So why did you do it? Have you secretly been in the bag for Hillary all along?

Excellent points

I think what happened was his supporters assumed the rest of the country would see him in the same light they did. Now, reality is rearing it's ugly head and some will start to realize their error
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2016, 02:36:35 pm »
I don't think it is fair to say that anyone who is #neverTrump is aiding the left.  But to the extent any never Trumpers criticize Trump to the virtual exclusion of criticizing Hillary or Obama, they are indeed aiding the left.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 02:41:29 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Nickname

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2016, 02:40:57 pm »
Nonsense @Bunny Watson.  #NeverTrumps will be responsible for handing the WH to Hillary....

Those who voted for the unpalatable jackass in the primaries and aided him in becoming the presumptive nominee are responsible. Nobody else. It's on them.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 02:43:45 pm »
I don't think it is fair to say that anyone who is #neverTrump is aiding the left.  But to the extent any never Trumpers criticize Trump to the virtual exclusion of criticizing Hillary or Obama, they are indeed aiding the left.

I posted on one anti-Hillary thread over the weekend.  It had two posts.  And it vanished into the ether.  The "left" never saw it.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2016, 02:43:57 pm »

#NeverTrump: The media is using you as pawns. Don't Let Them.

...says the pawn.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2016, 03:13:16 pm »
No sale.

I'm not selling.  I telling--the truth.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2016, 03:16:14 pm »
...says the pawn.

Fix your damn post.  The quote is not mine. 

@Half Vast Conspiracy

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2016, 03:17:48 pm »
...says the pawn.

You're new here, @Half Vast Conspiracy.  We don't insult individual posters.

This should be your last reminder.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2016, 03:20:12 pm »

I thought the Drumpfmeister didn't need my vote. He said he didn't need the party to be unified to win.

High School is (or should be) over.  This nah-nah- game is tiresome.  It is time to be an adult and make a choice @Bunny Watson

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2016, 03:22:07 pm »
You're new here, @Half Vast Conspiracy.  We don't insult individual posters.

This should be your last reminder.

Who made you site owner?   :nono:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2016, 03:22:23 pm »
High School is (or should be) over.  This nah-nah- game is tiresome.  It is time to be an adult and make a choice @Bunny Watson
Oh, I've made a choice. I choose my conscience. There is no lesser evil available to me.