Author Topic: #NeverTrump: The media is using you as pawns. Don't Let Them.  (Read 2240 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: #NeverTrump: The media is using you as pawns. Don't Let Them.
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2016, 03:23:17 pm »
Understood.  Hillary's bad, real bad.   

I hate to repeat myself, but what the heck:  nothing says "I'm more conservative than Donald Trump" than helping to elect Hillary Clinton.

You must be so very, very proud.   :whistle:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2016, 03:26:11 pm »
High School is (or should be) over.  This nah-nah- game is tiresome.  It is time to be an adult and make a choice @Bunny Watson

The choice is #NeverTrump and #NeverHillary.  We're all making adult decisions when we abstain from voting for these two.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2016, 03:43:48 pm »
Oh, I've made a choice. I choose my conscience. There is no lesser evil available to me.

Honestly, this makes no sense to me @Bunny Watson and I've been hearing it for weeks and weeks.  Does you conscience say:  "It doesn't matter if I allow Hillary's percent of the vote to increase ... and help her win"?  Really, this is coming from your conscience?

Offline Nickname

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2016, 03:51:20 pm »
Honestly, this makes no sense to me @Bunny Watson and I've been hearing it for weeks and weeks.

You're hearing but not listening. The problem is on your end.

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2016, 03:58:55 pm »
Honestly, this makes no sense to me @Bunny Watson and I've been hearing it for weeks and weeks.  Does you conscience say:  "It doesn't matter if I allow Hillary's percent of the vote to increase ... and help her win"?  Really, this is coming from your conscience?

I am not "helping her win." By not voting, I am "helping" neither win.  Donald Trump is merely a different, rather than a lesser, evil.  If you saw a house on fire and sitting right in front of you were a can of gasoline and a can of napalm, would you throw the gasoline on the fire because it's not as bad as the napalm?

Eight years of rampant abuse of the constitution by the Obama will not be healed by four to eight years of rampant abuse of the constitution by Trump.  Even if I took Trump at his word (and which word would I take - his word eight years ago, his word eight months ago, or his word yesterday), what I see coming from true Trump supporters (not those resigned to voting for him; they're an honest group whose position I respect, but disagree with) is the desire for a president to abuse executive power on their behalf.

Take just one issue: Trump wants to ban Muslim immigration. How's he going to do it (assuming I believed he really meant what he said)?  Get a bill through Congress?  No. He's going to issue an illegal executive order, just as Obama has done to push his agenda.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2016, 06:51:34 pm »
High School is (or should be) over.  This nah-nah- game is tiresome.  It is time to be an adult and make a choice @Bunny Watson
I thought we didn't insult individual posters here.   :whistle:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2016, 06:53:55 pm »
I thought we didn't insult individual posters here.   :whistle:
:rolling:

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2016, 07:42:52 pm »
You're new here, @Half Vast Conspiracy.  We don't insult individual posters.

This should be your last reminder.

You post an article calling people pawns....and say we can't call people pawns?  Got your goat, didn't I?

Who are you to issues reminder anyway?

geronl

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2016, 07:46:35 pm »
Trumpers can call us pawns and say we support Hillary (patently untrue) but we can't even call them pawns in return.

wow

geronl

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2016, 07:48:45 pm »

I am not "helping her win." By not voting, I am "helping" neither win.  Donald Trump is merely a different, rather than a lesser, evil.

Your post is right on the money and these Trump pawns are being used by the media to elect Hillary don't get it.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2016, 08:06:12 pm »
I posted on one anti-Hillary thread over the weekend.  It had two posts.  And it vanished into the ether.  The "left" never saw it.

What posters do on a message board generally hasi little concrete effect on the real world.  But what parry leaders, politicians, and pu dits choose to aegue to the public at large makes a prettty big difference.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2016, 08:18:26 pm »
Excellent points

I think what happened was his supporters assumed the rest of the country would see him in the same light they did. Now, reality is rearing it's ugly head and some will start to realize their error

Thanks. They may be good points, but - as usual - Right_In_Virginia will ignore them. I think he usually ignores my points because it will make him look foolish to try and debate them.

Clearly, though, he secretly has been in the bag for Hillary all along, like all the Trumpettes.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2016, 08:32:56 pm »
I hate to repeat myself, but what the heck:  nothing says "I'm more conservative than Donald Trump" than helping to elect Hillary Clinton.

You must be so very, very proud.   :whistle:

I have no desire to help to elect Hillary Clinton.   That's why I worked hard to boost Kasich, and why I now advocate so strongly that Trump must be denied the nomination.   If you're #NeverHillary, then you have to be #NeverTrump.   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2016, 08:37:17 pm »

The Trumpsters can't defend their own candidate, so they try to paint those who have consistently opposed him as tacitly supporting Clinton.   We don't seek to elect Hillary.  We do, however, seek to defeat Trump.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

HonestJohn

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2016, 09:13:41 pm »

All you are doing with the Hillary bit is shouting "Wolf! Wolf!".

You have worn out your credibility.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2016, 09:45:14 pm »
All you are doing with the Hillary bit is shouting "Wolf! Wolf!".

You have worn out your credibility.

See my points above. It's clear that it is not #NeverTrump who is hell-bent on getting Hillary elected, it's the Trumpettes.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 09:58:00 pm by bolobaby »
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!