Author Topic: Trump the Entrepreneur  (Read 2259 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: Trump the Entrepreneur
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2016, 12:14:50 am »
He thinks outside the box, finds solutions to 'impossible' problems, and can run rings around bureaucrats.

You had the first two words of that sentence wrong. ;)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2016, 12:56:45 am »
My favorite line?  "He speaks blue collar fluently".

He thinks outside the box, finds solutions to 'impossible' problems, and can run rings around bureaucrats.

If he just enforced the laws we ALREADY HAVE, we'd be ahead!

@Right_in_Virginia

He thinks outside the Constitution.  But I guess as long as it's a republican (supposedly) doing it, it doesn't matter.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2016, 02:00:10 am »
He thinks outside the Constitution.  But I guess as long as it's a republican (supposedly) doing it, it doesn't matter.

On, PALEASE @RoosGirl   Do not preach about the Constitution.  You're a member of the group willing to watch it destroyed from within by President Hillary Clinton and content to have that destruction sustained for the next 50 years by the Federal and Supreme Court Justices she will carefully handpick.

Sometimes attempts at humor and sarcasm are best left unwritten.  Yours was one of them.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 02:04:50 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2016, 02:02:15 am »
My favorite line?  "He speaks blue collar fluently".

If he just enforced the laws we ALREADY HAVE, we'd be ahead!

@Right_in_Virginia

Agree @oldmomster

:thumbsup3:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2016, 02:52:32 am »
On, PALEASE @RoosGirl   Do not preach about the Constitution.  You're a member of the group willing to watch it destroyed from within by President Hillary Clinton and content to have that destruction sustained for the next 50 years by the Federal and Supreme Court Justices she will carefully handpick.

Sometimes attempts at humor and sarcasm are best left unwritten.  Yours was one of them.

No sarcasm at all.

"I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles we can sue them and win lots of money."  Donald Trump.  Constitutional or not?

"We have to make sure that people that are terrorists or have even an inclination toward terrorism cannot buy weapons, guns," Donald Trump.  Constitutional or not?

« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 02:53:35 am by RoosGirl »

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2016, 10:07:28 am »
Agree @oldmomster

:thumbsup3:

One tool I've found particularly enjoyable on this site is the ignore button....how delightful to know the little troll lips are moving yet are completely missing their mark.

He is the candidate.  Our job now is to make our wishes known and try to get some influence as a group (meaning conservatives) in placing conservatives in positions of power in his cabinet.

Slinging carp serves no purpose, but then trolls have only one purpose - to disrupt and insult.   

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2016, 03:21:55 am »
No sarcasm at all.

Okay, then how about we go with bad judgment? 

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2016, 03:22:59 am »
You had the first two words of that sentence wrong. ;)

Wow.  That is clever.  You've got a gift, my friend.  A gift.   :facepalm2:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2016, 05:01:11 am »
Okay, then how about we go with bad judgment?

Can you not answers my questions?

"I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles we can sue them and win lots of money."  Donald Trump.  Constitutional or not?

"We have to make sure that people that are terrorists or have even an inclination toward terrorism cannot buy weapons, guns," Donald Trump.  Constitutional or not?

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2016, 11:17:14 am »

Sure.  But why would I?  You're not interested in truth.   :shrug:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2016, 02:10:05 pm »

Sure.  But why would I?  You're not interested in truth.   :shrug:

Actually I've been pretty consistent with stating the truth, including correcting some people when I know they've said something incorrect about Trump.  Is it easier for you to call me ignorant in your sweet little roundabout way than just answer the question? 

Are you saying that Trump didn't say those two sentences, which I transcribed directly from YouTube video of him saying them?  A person is already able to sue a newspaper for libel if the newspaper writes something false about them, but it would be constitutional to sue the newspaper if they write something horrible and negative?  A person with even an inclination toward terrorism should have their rights removed, which apparently includes owning a firearm and receiving due process to determine guilt?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2016, 03:06:05 pm »

Yes its constitutional and long over due. Media has been sued for Slander Libel etc many times successively. They are not above the law.

Elements of Libel and Slander

Defamation laws protect the reputations of individuals and other entities (such as businesses) from untrue and damaging statements. Libel refers to statements that can be seen (typically written and published), while slander occurs when a defamatory statement is spoken or otherwise audible (such as a radio broadcast). To prove either type of defamation, plaintiffs must prove the following four elements: 

First, the plaintiff must prove that the defendant made a false and defamatory statement concerning the plaintiff.
    Second, the plaintiff must prove that the defendant made an unprivileged publication to a third party.
    Third, the plaintiff must prove that the publisher acted at least negligently in publishing the communication.
    Fourth, in some cases, the plaintiff must prove special damages.

Defamatory Statements

One essential element in any defamation action is that the defendant published something defamatory about the plaintiff. A communication may be considered defamatory "if it tends so to harm the reputation of another as to lower him in the estimation of the community or to deter third persons from associating with him," according to the American Restatement of Torts (or "The Restatement"). Examples of defamatory statements are virtually limitless and may include any of the following:

A communication that suggests the plaintiff was involved in a serious crime involving moral turpitude or a felony
    A communication that exposes a plaintiff to ridicule
    A communication that reflects negatively on the plaintiff's character, morality, or integrity
    A communication that impairs the plaintiff's financial well-being
    A communication that suggests that the plaintiff suffers from a physical or mental defect that would cause others to refrain from associating with the plaintiff

Courts have long struggled with the task of determining a standard for deciding whether a statement is defamatory. Many statements may be viewed as defamatory by some individuals, but the same statement may not be viewed as defamatory by others. But generally, courts require a plaintiff to prove that he or she has been defamed in the eyes of the community or within a defined group within the community. Juries usually decide this question.

Courts have struggled to some degree with the treatment of statements of opinions. In common law, statements of opinion could form the basis of a defamation action similar to a statement of pure fact. Generally, if a statement implies defamatory facts as the basis of the opinion, then the statement may be considered libel or slander.
Publication Requirement

Another requirement in libel and slander cases is that the defendant must have published defamatory information about the plaintiff. "Publication" certainly includes traditional forms, such as books, newspapers, and magazines, but it also includes oral remarks. A streaming audio clip on the Internet may be considered a publication in this context. So long as the person to whom a statement has been communicated can understand the meaning of the statement, courts will generally find that the statement has been published.
Meaning of a Communication

In some instances, the context of a statement may determine whether the statement is defamatory. The Restatement provides as follows: "The meaning of a communication is that which the recipient correctly, or mistakenly but reasonably, understands that it was intended to express." Courts generally will take into account associated facts and circumstances in determining the meaning of the statement. So even where two statements are identical in their words, one may be defamatory while the other is not, depending on the context of the statements.
Reference to the Plaintiff

In a defamation action, the recipient of a communication must understand that the defendant intended to refer to the plaintiff in the communication. Even where the recipient mistakenly believes that a communication refers to the plaintiff, this belief, so long as it is reasonable, is sufficient. It is not necessary that the communication refer to the plaintiff by name. A defendant may publish defamatory material in the form of a story or novel that apparently refers only to fictitious characters, where a reasonable person would understand that a particular character actually refers to the plaintiff. This is true even if the author states that he or she intends for the work to be fictional.

In some circumstances, an author who publishes defamatory matter about a group or class of persons may be liable to an individual member of the group or class. This may occur when: (1) the communication refers to a group or class so small that a reader or listener can reasonably understand that the matter refers to the plaintiff; and (2) the reader or listener can reasonably conclude that the communication refers to the individual based on the circumstances of the publication.

http://injury.findlaw.com/torts-and-personal-injuries/elements-of-libel-and-slander.html

There also is the Fact that much of the Modern Media is Unregistered Democrat/Globalist PACS and not press as they pretend to be.

A simple thing a good American executive can do is to break up the Globalist monopolies controlling over 90 percent of our press and make them competitive and local again.

http://www.businessinsider.com/these-6-corporations-control-90-of-the-media-in-america-2012-6
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 03:07:09 pm by Mechanicos »
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2016, 03:46:12 pm »
Defamation laws protect the reputations of individuals and other entities (such as businesses) from untrue and damaging statements

Great.  We already have libel laws in place to compensate anyone damaged by and punish anyone participating in libel. My problem is we don't know what Trump means when he says "open up the libel laws" and then goes on to list "negative and horrible and false".  The libel laws already cover "untrue and damaging".  So when Trump says he's going to "open up" the laws, is he talking about making the new legal definition of libel to be any one of those three things "negative" , "horrible",  "false" constitute libel on their own?  We can't know because he doesn't explain.  And this is (one of) my problem with Trump; he says these things and there's a million possible interpretations.  My interpretation of what he said is that it's unconstitutional.  You really can't prove me right or wrong because he didn't bother to explain further.  It's the Could Game.  If he's going to be that unclear then I must look at his statements from all possible angles and answer the question "What could go wrong?".

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2016, 03:47:03 pm »

There also is the Fact that much of the Modern Media is Unregistered Democrat/Globalist PACS and not press as they pretend to be.

http://www.businessinsider.com/these-6-corporations-control-90-of-the-media-in-america-2012-6

just like their predecessors:

'Pulitzer introduced the first comic strip, The Yellow Kid, drawn by Richard Outcault. The character became immensely popular and inspired the name for the sensationalist press of the era.  Both Hearst and Pulitzer played leading roles in molding American public opinion about the conflict between Spain and its Cuban colony. The papers reported Spanish atrocities in exaggerated detail, but neglected to mention Cuban misdeeds.'

http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h819.html