Author Topic: Monckton: It’s Time For ‘Texit’ — Texas Should Secede, Thatcher Advisor Says  (Read 72221 times)

Offline Idiot

Give it a rest?  Hitlerly is getting off scot free, and we are supposed to be proud of  of this country?.  Do we really want to be part of a country this corrupt?

The quicker Texas gets out the union the better.
:beer:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
:beer:

Yeah, I'm there now, too.  Watching that abomination of a press conference by Comey just topped it off. 

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Give it a rest?  Hitlerly is getting off scot free, and we are supposed to be proud of  of this country?.  Do we really want to be part of a country this corrupt?

The rule of law does not apply to our rulers. Time to leave this corrupt oligarchy and form a free Constitutional Texas Republic.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cowboyway

Amen.  I just hope they'll let me immigrate once they become The Republic of Texas again.
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Offline austingirl

Amen.  I just hope they'll let me immigrate once they become The Republic of Texas again.

Texas would welcome those who support the rule of law. I think you qualify. ^-^

Offline DiogenesLamp

I have been pondering this notion of corruption and influence in government with an eye towards putting my finger on how it became so ingrained in the New England power corridor. 

If people will remember,  the Grant administration was regarded as one of the most corrupt administrations ever.  Not Grant himself of course,  he was regarded as a dupe that didn't seem to be aware of all the corruption and influence peddling going on all around him.   

My thinking is that when the New England power barons realized they could force a war to protect their financial interests,  why,  they could use their corrupt influence to enrich themselves in lots of other ways too!   

My point is,   I think the massive corruption that became ingrained in our governance started with the Civil War,  and Lincoln doing the bidding of the Industrialists of New England.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I think the massive corruption that became ingrained in our governance started with the Civil War,  and Lincoln doing the bidding of the Industrialists of New England.

I couldn't agree with you more!  Lincoln killed the USA and gave us a mercantile empire in it's place.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RedHead

LINCOLN’S CRIMES

1. Lincoln waged a war that cost the lives of 620,000 Americans. Including the murder of 50,000 innocent Southern civilians.

He waged the war.  The South started it.

2. He arrested several thousand Marylanders suspected of Southern sympathies, including 30 members of the State legislature, a US Congressman representing Maryland, the mayor and police commissioner of Baltimore, and most of the Baltimore city council. These political detainees were imprisoned in Fort McHenry and Point Lookout without trial, in many cases, for several years.

Wildly inflated numbers, no sitting congressman was arrested, and the few that were arrested were arrested in September 1861 when they wanted to join a rebellion then going on against the government.  What did you expect would happen to them?

3. He suspended the writ of habeas corpus without the consent of Congress (as required by the Constitution).

And where exactly does the Constitution require that?

4. He illegally shut down and confiscated the printing presses of dozens of newspapers that had spoken out against him.

Name them.

5. He re-instated and summarily promoted an Army officer who had been court martialed and cashiered by the US Army for war crimes.

Who was that?

6. He even had an arrest warrant issued for the Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court because said justice refused to back his illegal actions.

Completely untrue.

7. Chief Justice Roger B Taney ruled that Lincolns actions were illegal, criminal and unconstitutional.

As, apparently, have you.  But one Southern supporter, even if he happened to be a Supreme Court justice, does not determine what is constitutional and what is not.

8. He invaded the South without the consent of Congress as required by the Constitution.

And where does the Constitution say that?

9. He blockaded Southern ports without a delclaration of war, as required by the Constitution.

Where does the Constitution say that?

10. He imprisoned without trial, hundreds of newspaper editors and owners and censored all newspaper and telegraph communication.

Can you name some of them?  Any of them?

11. He created two new states without the consent of the citizens of those states in order to artificially inflate the Republican Partys electoral vote.

Completely false.

12. He ordered Federal troops to interfere with Northern elections to assure his Parties victories.

Completely false.

13. He confiscated private property, including firearms, in violation of the Second Amendment; and effectively gutted the Tenth and Ninth Amendments as well.

Details please.

14. He had his Generals attack US cities full of women and children and burn them to the ground.

Which ones?

Want more?  Read Lincoln Über Alles: Dictatorship Comes to America by John Avery Emison

Perhaps you will quote from the book to answer the questions I have posted?

Nothing is more patriotic than the truth.

Based on what you have here then there is nothing patriotic about this post.

Offline RedHead

What better topic to discuss on Independence Day than independence?

Independence for about 2/3rds of the Confederate population anyway.

Offline Cowboyway

You're completely immersed in the yankee fiction aren't you, non-sequitur.

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cowboyway

How does that relate to Texas independence, non-sequitur?

Offline RedHead

You're completely immersed in the yankee fiction aren't you, non-sequitur.

You sure I'm not Rockrr?  Or Doodle dawg?  Or maybe someone else?

Regardless, apparently I'm not as immersed in Yankee fiction as you are in Confederate fiction.  And I noticed you had no answers to my questions.

Offline RedHead

How does that relate to Texas independence, non-sequitur?

It relates to Confederate independence, which is what you have been talking about.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It relates to Confederate independence, which is what you have been talking about.

No, actually, Whoever-you-are, it's an article about an advisor to Margaret Thatcher advising Texas to secede from the US in order to maintain some degree of freedom in the world, or as the article says: "He advocates Texas secession, or what he calls “Texit,” as a way to preserve the best of America".

Offline DiogenesLamp

He waged the war.  The South started it.

Nope.   That's wrong.   We have been misled.   Lincoln sent armed combatants to South Carolina in violation of the Armistice.   That was an act of War.   

The Confederate forces were faced with gunships and troop landing on one side,  and a fortress providing cannon fire from the other.    It became a military necessity to prevent their forces from being confronted with a Two pronged attack,  and so they had to take the Fort before the Naval force showed up to hit them from the other side.   

The fact that Lincoln had sent an armed force into South Carolina was secret at the time,  and the reason it was secret was to insure that the Northern public was never made aware that Lincoln started the war deliberately and in the full knowledge that he was starting the war.   

This was the lead ship.   

There were three others,  and about 1,800 armed soldiers aboard these ships.   

Yes,  we know the names of the ships and what they were carrying and some of what their orders were,  except for the Secret orders given to Captain Porter,  of which there are no records available.   It was after this incident,  that Captain Porter became Admiral Porter. 

Welles sent Capt. Mercer, in command of the Powhatan, the following instructions, which the record has dated April 5 1861.

“The United States  steamers Powhatan, Pawnee, Pocahontas, and Harriet Lane will compose a naval force under your command, to be sent to the vicinity of Charleston Harbor, for the purpose of. . . carrying out the objects of an expedition of which the War Department has charge (Scott is supplying the men and material and transports, Fox is to lead them.).

Lincoln deliberately started that war,  and cleverly covered up his hand in it,  at least so far as the Northern Newspapers knew anything about what he had done.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Same as that portion of the population that enjoyed freedom in the North where they also kept men in bondage for their profit.   Just not as many.   

This is what you are failing to grasp.   The North was just as evil,  just as despicable,   and even more so,  because they were going to continue slavery if they had won quickly.   That profit money was just too desirable to them. 

You can't get credit for a moral accomplishment when "freeing the slaves"   was not a goal of the war until nearly two years into it.   

And even then it wasn't because they cared about the slaves,   it was because they wanted revenge against the South for having fought them so hard. 

As late as November 1864,   William Tecumseh Sherman, speaking to Southern Townfolk said: 

Last year they could have saved their slaves, but now it is too late. All the powers of earth cannot restore to them their slaves, any more than their dead grandfathers.

A rare admission of the Truth.   Stop fighting us and send us that Slave profit money,   and we will let you alone.   Try to be Independent,   and we will destroy everything.   

Now that is true Despotic evil.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Cowboyway

You sure I'm not Rockrr?  Or Doodle dawg?  Or maybe someone else?

Regardless, apparently I'm not as immersed in Yankee fiction as you are in Confederate fiction.  And I noticed you had no answers to my questions.

The facts are there, non-sequitur.  Deal with it.

Offline RedHead

There are no facts presented by you in the post in question.  Just opinion and fairy tales.

Offline austingirl

That one is a troll and impervious to facts.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Tell someone from Missouri their state was a Union State and one might hear giggles, the Jayhawkers from Kansas notoriously raided Missouri,  I've heard of some fella named Jesse James from there:

Jesse Woodson James (September 5, 1847 – April 3, 1882) was an American outlaw, guerrilla, gang leader, bank robber, train robber, and murderer from the state of Missouri and the most famous member of the James-Younger Gang. Jesse and his brother Frank James were Confederate guerrillas or bushwhackers during the Civil War. They were accused of participating in atrocities committed against Union soldiers, including the Centralia Massacre. After the war, as members of various gangs of outlaws, they robbed banks, stagecoaches, and trains.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_James

Maryland sent infantry divisions to fight for the Confederacy, out go these disingenuous arguments .

And in the end, I said the "North" not Union did not have slavery.

The Southern States own declarations of secession highlight this point.

http://www.civilwar.org/education/history/primarysources/declarationofcauses.html
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 02:49:46 pm by TomSea »

Offline Cowboyway

There are no facts presented by you in the post in question.  Just opinion and fairy tales.

To use one of your favorite quips from TOS: pot, meet kettle..................

Offline RedHead

Tell someone from Missouri their state was a Union State and one might hear giggles, the Jayhawkers from Kansas notoriously raided Missouri,  I've heard of some fella named Jesse James from there:

You won't get too many giggles.  Missouri provided more troops for the Union than for the Confederacy.

Maryland sent infantry divisions to fight for the Confederacy, out go these disingenuous arguments .

And back they come.  Maryland provided some units for the Confederacy but more troops for the Union.  And nowhere near the "divisions" of troops that you claim.

Information on both Missouri and Maryland units can be found here:  http://www.civilwararchive.com/regim.htm

Some information on Missouri in the war can be found here:  http://home.usmo.com/~momollus/MOFACTS.HTM

Offline RedHead

That one is a troll and impervious to facts.

You guys just don't like having your Confederate fairy tales questioned.

Offline RedHead

To use one of your favorite quips from TOS: pot, meet kettle..................

Whatever.  But if you would like to pick a couple of the inaccuracies  I called you on and compare evidence then let me know.  I'd be glad to have a go at it. 

Offline Cowboyway

And in the end, I said the "North" not Union did not have slavery.

The 'north' had slavery.  They also had indentured servants; slaves with a finite sentence and mostly white.

Also, northern shipping transported the bulk of African slaves to the America's.  It was on those lovely northern cruise ships where their cargo/slaves received their worst treatment.  Poorly fed or not fed at all.  Packed into holds with little or no light where they couldn't stand up, wallowing in their own excrement while chained to the deck.  The dead chunked overboard.  They ran slaves for 50 years after the Slave Trade Act of 1807 which prohibited the importation of slaves into the US.  Many of the slaves ships were outfitted and financed by some of the most 'respectable' northern citizens.  It was only when slaving became unprofitable that the yankees turned against it.