Author Topic: Cruz still 'assessing' whether to support Trump  (Read 7439 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Cruz still 'assessing' whether to support Trump
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2016, 04:35:14 am »
Halloween is a great analogy. You have a bunch of people dressed up as 'conservatives' pretending to be authorities who think Trump's word is law. And they think their opinons on anything matter outside their masks.

Like children in Halloween costumes, it's fun to watch for a while, but at the end of the day they were still just pretending to be fictional creatures.

Come on though, it must be hard knowing that your candidate has 30% of the party that can't stand him and there's that little bit of wiggle room in the nominating rules that don't 100% guarantee that he'll be the nominee.  It's got to be a real nail biter.  Not knowing how many delegates Cruz is going to manage to get on the rules committee.  Yeah, I think I would be sweating it a little bit if it were my candidate in that situation.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2016, 04:37:47 am »
The primaries are over.  It's Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton.  And, yes, if you insist on your #NeverTrump  :bs: --- then you own Hillary.

And don't bother to argue with me on this---the truth about your choice will not change.
LOL 88finger point

Youre a good little Trump pet, aren't you?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2016, 04:55:45 am »
Come on though, it must be hard knowing that your candidate has 30% of the party that can't stand him and there's that little bit of wiggle room in the nominating rules that don't 100% guarantee that he'll be the nominee.  It's got to be a real nail biter.  Not knowing how many delegates Cruz is going to manage to get on the rules committee.  Yeah, I think I would be sweating it a little bit if it were my candidate in that situation.

True enough. though I'd be far more worried that the left has a historical record of doing some pretty violent things to their opposition/their supporters once they take full control of a country. And it's not like they can turn to the people they browbeat for months and say "Help us!" expecting us to save them.

Honestly. Who here is going to endanger themselves or their families to protect a group of people that tried their best to elect their own tyrant? They told us we were unneeded. They called us everything but white people. 

I think the dawning realization you mention goes way, way beyond losing for them. They are rather alone in the world right now. The smartest thing that a Trump supporter can do right now is run as far and as fast from Trump and the fanatics among them as their legs can carry them because when he loses, the left will be coming after them all. IRS, BLM, Occuidiots, all of them. Hillary is gonna take out 20 plus years of her seething anger on them.

Pass the popcorn please.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2016, 05:32:40 am »
Hey,
Hillary just started up a new website just for you guys. Its called Republicansagainsttrump.org

Instead of plaguing a Republican website that supports the GOP nominee, why not just go join Hillary's crew over at that site and help put her in the White House...which is really no different than what you're doing now.

They will LOVE having you over there and everyone here can focus on the business of striving to keep Hillary Clinton OUT of the White House.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2016, 05:37:49 am »
Hey,
Hillary just started up a new website just for you guys. Its called Republicansagainsttrump.org

Instead of plaguing a Republican website that supports the GOP nominee, why not just go join Hillary's crew over at that site and help put her in the White House...which is really no different than what you're doing now.

They will LOVE having you over there and everyone here can focus on the business of striving to keep Hillary Clinton OUT of the White House.

No thanks. I'm not a Republican. Too many people like you there so I left. And thats the truth.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 05:39:16 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2016, 05:50:48 am »
Hey,

It was funnier when I was accused of being a Bernie supporter.  I'll give this one a 4.

Sorry about you caving so easily.   Take heart, there is still the chance that the RNC delegates will do the right thing. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2016, 06:07:12 am »
Hey,

Aaaand the owner and mods of this site have endorsed this suggestion as their preferred policy have they??? 

Most of us have renounced our affiliation with your party altogether so the addy doesn't really fit for most of us here now.

Tell you what sweetness, why don't YOU go and haunt the plethora and countless myriad former Conservative web forums and sites out there that have purged anyone and everyone who even dared to raise a negative eyebrow at Trump to become the 24/7/365 All Pro-Trump all-the-time sites because they are "Republican web sites that will support the GOP nominee" over the past 6 months and be happy with likeminded zombies over there since we have polluted your perfect world over here?

We're Constitutional Conservatives.

Not liberals who self identify as Republicans.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2016, 06:31:02 am »
Hey,

Here Mesa, I found a place where your SoCon sickened Bible thumper hating self can go for fellowship. Your kind of people.

Consider your kind gesture above returned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luT2vQ3ctKU
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 06:42:37 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2016, 08:35:38 am »
Please be sure to light a candle for your savior. I hear they like that.

Pot, meet kettle.

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2016, 08:58:39 am »
Trump has received the majority of votes period.

Do you seriously, and I mean genuinely believe that?  Do you think that Trump has majority support within the GOP?

The reason I ask this, is that when the Associated Press was pimping Trump, they'd add all the voters in "winner take all" states, and add them to the "Trump Supporter" category, even when the majority of GOP voters in that state specifically voted against Trump.

I honestly do not know what the specific number of votes that Trump received was, but I know it wasn't what the AP was publishing, nor what the Trump campaign was bragging about during the last couple of contested states.

It's pretty simple:  If Trump actually has the "majority" of GOP voter support, maybe he has a chance if Democrat turnout is sharply depressed.  With Trump running his mouth in all directions, I kind of doubt that meme of low Democrat turn out.   If Trump actually has a minority  of GOP voter support, or, if he cannot unite more than a "simple" majority of GOP voters, then he's got no chance at all of winning the election in November, regardless of his opposition.   The Democrats are in generally, far more pragmatic and much less doctrinaire about their candidates.  (McGovern was an exception to that rule, due to the Vietnam war and 1968 convention (if memory serves)).  The Dems will be at the polls, and they won't be voting Trump.

The legitimate conservatives have loads of reasons for rejecting Trump and voting for anyone else to beat him.  However, that's irrelevant if he's the "majority candidate" and has the votes in November.

The faux conservative Trumpkins rage against the "real deal" conservatives is indicative that they KNOW the game is over.  Trump ain't gonna win, conservatives will NOT unite around Trump to beat Hitlery, and the Trumpkins have no formula, no grand plan, no clue whatsoever, in how to change this.   That is probably a reason (other than his nature) that Trump is still raging at his GOP opponents after he has the nomination won.

It's because he hasn't won sh..... um, dung.  They can pipe that "joy joy" music all they want, but it's not going to change the verdict in November.

I do envision a theoretical scenario where Cruz endorses Trump, but (a) he won't unless he think's it'll make a difference, (b) Trump will have figure out how to do something to assauge Cruz that Trump will do half of the "conservative" things he's promised, and (c) Trump will have to figure out how apologize and walk back tons of the truly evil things he's said about Cruz, and more personally, to Cruz's family.  Moreover, Trump's approach to Cruz would have to win over Cruz's supporters.   Another "endorsement" like that of Christie would do Trump more harm than good.  Cruz must have credibility to his supporters, or his endorsement of THE DONALD would be meaningless.

Cruz would do it for "God, family, and country", but Trump would not.   Cruz would meet Trump half way, but not to elect a progressive GOP President.   The pot is so poisoned by this point, in any case, that Cruz's endorsement wouldn't mean much.  As some on this thread have indicated, they have principles, and won't compromise them regardless of what a leader that they respect advises. 

Trump needs Cruz's endorsement, PLUS Cruz, Rubio, Bush, and other conservative supporters, or he just ain't gonna win.  The burden is on Trump to produce the Cruz endorsement, no one else.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 09:04:29 am by OldSaltUSN »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2016, 10:14:05 am »
Seriously?  Here's what's "so what?"---The primaries are over.  Continue to be on the #NeverTrump team and you're working for Hillary's victory.

That's what's "so what".

Sorry, RIV.   To paraphrase what Lindsay Graham said the other day,  my love of country trumps my hatred of Hillary.   Trump's unfit for the office.    I'd support adapting the GOP platform to address some of Trump's issues in exchange for dropping him as the nominee.  Otherwise,  I gotta do what I gotta do.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Oceander

« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2016, 10:43:31 am »
Seriously?  Here's what's "so what?"---The primaries are over.  Continue to be on the #NeverTrump team and you're working for Hillary's victory.

That's what's "so what".

:baby:

Waah, waah, you don't like my liberal, so I'm going to (falsely) accuse you of supporting the other liberal.

It's a really ugly sight when someone flushes every last principle down the toilet because they worship another human being as if he were the Great Orange God.  I guess idolatry is now acceptable practice under Trumpkin doctrine.

George Orwell nailed it in Animal Farm.  Perhaps Trump should be known as the Orange Pig.  I wonder what characters his sycophants portray?

Online libertybele

« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2016, 12:12:37 pm »
Hey,

Sorry...I've been 'plaguing' this forum as a Constitutional Conservative a heck of a lot longer than you've been plaguing it as a liberal Republican. If you don't like the 'plague' (as you call it), that's spreading in here you are more than welcome to leave.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 12:13:17 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2016, 01:18:58 pm »
Hey,

Thanks for the advise.

But shouldn't you be out loudly condemning a certain Illinois judge right now?

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2016, 04:21:52 pm »
I hope he does not.  Trump is a liar and spread foul lies about not only Cruz, but Heidi and Cruz's father.

Lot of chutzpah for a man who made his living bilking investors.

tRump's whole career has been just like his "campaign", chutzpah, BS, flip-flop on every point, bully and act nutty. Business competitors must have been just worn down, like most voters, from the tRump Crap Tsunami!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2016, 04:25:44 pm »

Do you seriously, and I mean genuinely believe that?  Do you think that Trump has majority support within the GOP?

That was an insightful analysis.  Trump garnered less than 40% of the Republican Primary vote to become the 'nominee'.  Less than 40% of the vote.   Then consider that margin was largely made in the open primary states where a bunch of Leftists voted for him to ensure Hildabeast has the edge in the General.  Someone here noted that yesterday, with Trump being the ONLY guy running on the GOP ticket, he only managed 70% of the vote.  30% of Republicans voting in a Republican primary voted for someone who was no longer running, rather than vote for Trump.

So he's the default "nominee" in a field that was deliberately flooded by the Ruling Class Establishment early on so as to derail any non-Establishment-approved Conservative from getting the nod.  So Trump "wins" the nom by less than 40% of the primary vote, while 30% refused to vote for him when he was the only guy on the ticket yesterday.  I do not think Trump has 'majority support' within the party he grafted himself into.

Trump needs Cruz's endorsement, PLUS Cruz, Rubio, Bush, and other conservative supporters, or he just ain't gonna win.  The burden is on Trump to produce the Cruz endorsement, no one else.

If Cruz "endorses" Trump, he will prove himself just another Conservative pretender whereby party loyalty means more than the principles that supposedly guide him, and he would be someone we cannot trust to do what he says either.

If Cruz wants a future being the standard-bearer for Constitutional Conservatives in an era of complete deceit and betrayal, he better learn from the mistakes Palin made and stick to supporting Conservative bona-fides. 
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2016, 04:35:25 pm »
Cruz has been a consistent, solid man of principles and convictions.  I hardly believe he would ever endorse the likes of Trump, unlike so many other mushy middle grovelers...

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2016, 04:59:10 pm »
Hey,

The sublime irony of your statement is.....

those of us that were against Trump becoming the GOP nominee from the very beginning think that you Trumpeters are the ones that are ensuring and paving the way for a Hillary presidency.....via your support of a person whose unfavorable numbers are off the charts, showing that he has a slim to none chance of beating Hillary in the GE.
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.

Offline bilo

« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2016, 05:17:40 pm »
We got one here that is proud of being "Sick of Social conservatives and Bible Thumpers."

I'm sure Trump appreciates your support.

I rather stand with those who understand how critical it is to embrace the Judeo-Christian values that made this country great. As we move further and further away from these values it's easy to see our decline.

Good luck trying to get  "mob rule" to respect your individual liberty and property rights.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2016, 05:23:18 pm »
Cruz stated long ago that he would support the GOP nominee.  He has hesitated so far and his comments about hoping we wind up with someone who will get Washington off our backs struck a familiar note. He may very well decide to support him, but I don't look for him to give an actual endorsement, nor do I look for him to hit the campaign trail for him.  The only way that's going to happen is if Trump names him as his VP and he accepts -- I think we all realize that that ship sailed a long, long time ago.

I don't see how a pledge given prior to being lied about and having your wife and family denigrated is valid.

Offline bilo

« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2016, 05:35:39 pm »
Exactly.  There is no advantage whatsoever for Ted Cruz in supporting Trump.  The only thing he should do in this election is attack Hillary when needed.

Donald Trump will be a joke after the election and Ted Cruz should still be a viable candidate for the future.

I agree.

I think the GOPe and Trump supporters who are so happy to jettison social conservatives will want to reevaluate their position after the Pubs lose the POTUS again and the Senate. Cruz represents a big portion of the GOP coalition being not only a fiscal conservative but also a social conservative.

geronl

« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2016, 05:37:52 pm »
The primaries are over.  It's Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton. 

No, it's not. I choose neither.

This is like left Twix and right Twix, except they're both dog poo. The good news is there are other options.

I choose another option.

geronl

« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2016, 05:41:11 pm »
Hey,

I'm not a Republican Against Trump, I am no longer a Republican because of Trump.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2016, 05:50:09 pm »
Need to remind The Cruz people on here of a couple things.
1. Your guy was very Unpopular getting shut out or last before he "suspended." So you are NOT in any way shape or form either a majority of representative of conservatives. If anything based on Primary results its a fringe cult.
2. The names home addresses and jobs of everybody on the Rules committee is public record. If they STEAL the election from the people of their State who they are obligated to represent they will be at minimum shunned, likely punished severely.
3. #neverTrump has a 100% record of being WRONG. On everything, Every-time. What the hell makes you think you are better qualified/smarter/aware then the rest of us so that you can force us to bow to your will?

To recap. A small tiny Fringe group of GOP with a 100 percent record of being wrong is going to force its will on the rest of the party by stealing the Earned Nomination from the GOP Nominee with trickery.

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

geronl

« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2016, 05:52:11 pm »
Meanwhile they are still bashing on Ted Cruz and #Nevertrump conservatives. It seems like they aren't interested in winning as much as stomping out conservatism within the GOP