Author Topic: Cruz still 'assessing' whether to support Trump  (Read 7442 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Cruz still 'assessing' whether to support Trump
« Reply #125 on: June 08, 2016, 08:23:43 pm »
Ok this is a rumor which I cannot nail down. But at least one source now is saying Cruz is on Trumps short list of 4 or 5 politicians for his VP pick.

What source would that be and how long ago?  Initially Trump stated that he would like for Cruz to be his VP and then Cruz jumped ahead of him in Iowa and Trump went ballistic on him with the whole birther issue, then Cruz won a couple of other states and Trump made up lies about Cruz, his wife and his father.  Carson put him on his short VP list and Trump has fired him since. It's hard to believe anything Trump suggests because he's likely to change his suggestion the very next day, or God forbid the MSM might be accused of misconstruing what he actually did say.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2016, 08:31:41 pm »
What source would that be and how long ago?  Initially Trump stated that he would like for Cruz to be his VP and then Cruz jumped ahead of him in Iowa and Trump went ballistic on him with the whole birther issue, then Cruz won a couple of other states and Trump made up lies about Cruz, his wife and his father.  Carson put him on his short VP list and Trump has fired him since. It's hard to believe anything Trump suggests because he's likely to change his suggestion the very next day, or God forbid the MSM might be accused of misconstruing what he actually did say.
The likelihood that Trump will pick Cruz as his VP, is about as likely as him picking Oprah as his VP

He throws these things out there, to see what drama he can muster...and if it's not enough attention, he changes his stance.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #127 on: June 08, 2016, 10:14:05 pm »
#NEVERTRUMP IS OVER.  TRUMP WON!!!!!!!!!
Good for him.  He and the GOP can own it.  I still have my principles and will not for a social and constitutional conservative, and that certainly ain't TrumpyBoy.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy