Author Topic: Cruz still 'assessing' whether to support Trump  (Read 7441 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz still 'assessing' whether to support Trump
« on: June 07, 2016, 09:37:11 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/282552-cruz-still-assessing-whether-to-support-trump

June 07, 2016, 04:49 pm

By Rebecca Savransky

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said Tuesday he is still considering whether to support his former rival Donald Trump for president.

"Like many other voters, I'm watching and listening and assessing what he says and what he does and I think that's what millions of voters are doing and that's the way the Democratic process is meant to operate," Cruz said, according to MSNBC.

"I think voters are going to do that from now right until Election Day, and I'm giving it time and watching and assessing."

Cruz, who dropped his presidential bid last month, feuded with the presumptive GOP nominee several times during his campaign. Before dropping out of the race, Cruz called Trump an "utterly amoral" pathological liar, narcissist and bully.

Last month, the Texas senator told reporters he had plenty of time to make a decision on whether or not to back Trump.

Cruz told MSNBC that he is focused on "defending conservative principles," noting he thinks the party's platform should reflect those principles.

"I am fighting for those principles now in the United States Senate. I had hoped to fight for them and implement those principles from the White House," he said.

"It turned out that was not the way the election went and so I'm back here in the Senate working hard to fight for those very same principles."

He said the American people are looking for a leader who will "get Washington off of our backs, that will bring back jobs and economic growth, that will defend the Constitution and that will keep this country safe."

"And I hope that's what we end up with," Cruz said.

Trump has come under fire over comments he made questioning whether an Indiana-born federal judge might be biased against him because of his Mexican heritage. Republican leaders have condemned Trump's remarks.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Cruz still 'assessing' whether to support Trump
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 09:40:16 pm »
Glad someone is still standing for these things.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 09:43:24 pm »
BTW I noticed Cruz did not weigh in on the Curiel issue. I'm glad he didn't go for the easy score.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 09:43:28 pm »
Glad someone is still standing for these things.

He better keep standing too. He's the last miracle/Hail Mary hope we have to stop Clinton and Trump I'm aware of.

Offline bilo

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 09:47:24 pm »
I would be shocked if Cruz came out and supported Trump.

Why should he?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 09:48:34 pm »
He better keep standing too. He's the last miracle/Hail Mary hope we have to stop Clinton and Trump I'm aware of.

Please be sure to light a candle for your savior. I hear they like that.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 09:49:04 pm »
BTW I noticed Cruz did not weigh in on the Curiel issue. I'm glad he didn't go for the easy score.
Cruz did weigh in slightly, and the folks at TOS ripped him apart.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3437502/posts
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 09:52:56 pm »
Cruz did weigh in slightly, and the folks at TOS ripped him apart.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3437502/posts

Slightly, barely. Hardly. Trump's towel boy Gingrich was much harder on him.

Good grief, how thin skinned are these people.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 09:54:52 pm by skeeter »

Offline bilo

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 09:54:56 pm »

I agree.

Sen Cruz will probably keep a low profile throughout the campaign. He is smart enough to see that someone is going to have to pick up the pieces after this is all over and it will be better to be unconnected to any of it.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 10:00:02 pm »

I hear yours throws off a strange orange glow. Got any tips?

Actually, to add, It's not TC backers that photoshop his face on Jesus paintings. So you might want to reassess your own crew's level of devotion and your own association with it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 10:02:06 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 10:05:19 pm »

Sayeth an acolyte in the Church of the Orange Baboon.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 10:07:23 pm »
I hear yours throws off a strange orange glow. Got any tips?

Actually, to add, It's not TC backers that photoshop his face on Jesus paintings. So you might want to reassess your own crew's level of devotion and your own association with it.

My savior doesn't make vague, impossible promises, demand fealty and threaten to punish any perceived disloyalty.

In this world all I want is someone who promises to safeguard mine and my family's birthright under the US Constitution to the best of his abilities.

That is it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 10:09:32 pm by skeeter »

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 10:15:05 pm »
Sayeth an acolyte in the Church of the Orange Baboon.
Did you know there was such a creature as an Orange Baboon Tarantula? Sort of looks like a cousin to the thing on Trump's head..

America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 10:17:22 pm »

I will think less of him if he does.   I cannot see how he can possibly support Trump.   Trump crossed some lines that should never have been crossed. 

I would expect the best that can be hoped for is that Cruz would simply remain quiet and keep a low profile.   Supporting Trump is simply asking too much. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2016, 10:17:59 pm »
Did you know there was such a creature as an Orange Baboon Tarantula? Sort of looks like a cousin to the thing on Trump's head..

Regardless of what anyone tells you, 50 year old men standing on chairs doing the pee pee dance and screaming like a school girl is in fact, a very manly thing to do.

Just sayin...

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 10:25:22 pm »
I would be shocked if Cruz came out and supported Trump.

Why should he?

I hope he does not.  Trump is a liar and spread foul lies about not only Cruz, but Heidi and Cruz's father.

Lot of chutzpah for a man who made his living bilking investors.
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2016, 10:29:56 pm »
I am convinced that the mainstream GOPe backed and are backing Trump out of spite for the Tea Party and other conservative candidates like Cruz.  They voted out some of their inbred RINOs and now its payback time.  Good luck with that choice.  No matter what Cruz decides, I no longer support the GOP rascals.  They can have their liberal wishy washy Trumpcake and all the bashing for the upcoming loses that go with it.  Regardless of the outcome, I'm tossing my vote to Darrell Castle.  At least they have some principles.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline bilo

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2016, 10:36:18 pm »
I hope he does not.  Trump is a liar and spread foul lies about not only Cruz, but Heidi and Cruz's father.

Lot of chutzpah for a man who made his living bilking investors.

I'm with you!

I think at this point all conservatives can do is help conservatives down the ballot and stay out of the national contest.

Oceander

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2016, 10:37:09 pm »

I did not know that.  Thanks for posting, that's pretty cool. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2016, 10:37:55 pm »

The day Cruz comes out for Trump is the day I'm done with him.

Silver Pines

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2016, 10:39:48 pm »

*blackout*

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2016, 10:41:34 pm »
The day Cruz comes out for Trump is the day I'm done with him.

Same here. He'll go in the Palin file.

Offline bilo

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2016, 10:54:06 pm »
I am convinced that the mainstream GOPe backed and are backing Trump out of spite for the Tea Party and other conservative candidates like Cruz.  They voted out some of their inbred RINOs and now its payback time.  Good luck with that choice.  No matter what Cruz decides, I no longer support the GOP rascals.  They can have their liberal wishy washy Trumpcake and all the bashing for the upcoming loses that go with it.  Regardless of the outcome, I'm tossing my vote to Darrell Castle.  At least they have some principles.

I would add that destroying the strength of conservative pro-life Christians is involved as well.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2016, 10:56:41 pm »
I would add that destroying the strength of conservative pro-life Christians is involved as well.

We got one here that is proud of being "Sick of Social conservatives and Bible Thumpers."

Online libertybele

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2016, 11:06:27 pm »

Trump has received the majority of votes period.  He is the presumptive nominee.  I find it really troubling that there is continued talk about stopping Trump when in essence the majority of voters voted for him.  Granted he is making some huge mistakes and he is seemingly starting already to hand Hillary the White House ... but they would have to significantly change the rules in order for him not to become the nominee.  What about those that voted for him?  I am a Cruz supporter and won't vote for the guy, but on what grounds are you going to deny him the nomination?  The only things that I can think of that could possibly happen to deny him the nomination is if he is found guilty of a crime and is incarcerated or falls ill and cannot accept.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.