Author Topic: Gingrich: Trump's attacks on judge 'unacceptable'  (Read 8403 times)

geronl

Re: Gingrich: Trump's attacks on judge 'unacceptable'
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2016, 06:42:50 pm »
Gingrich is still taking Trump seriously. Once he realizes that Trump should not be taken seriously, everything will fall into place for him.

HonestJohn

« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2016, 06:52:46 pm »
And the Trump family immigrated from Germany

http://www.dw.com/en/donald-trumps-german-roots/a-19015570

Germans know fascism when they see it.

While Americans can joke about “Soup Nazis” and Hitler mustaches, Germans know firsthand what it means when a failed businessman moves from a fringe candidate to a leader who takes over your democracy and burns everything to hell.

I learned this, repeatedly, while I was in Germany for a weeklong lecture on the 2016 U.S. presidential election hosted by the State Department and German officials. As I hopped from one beautiful, Old World city to another, from Hamburg to Frankfurt to Munich to Berlin, every person I spoke to said that the rise of business mogul-turned-reality-TV star-turned-GOP front-runner Donald Trump reminded them of the early stages of Adolf Hitler’s rise to power.

“How is he so successful?” asked a student reporting for her school paper.

“Doesn’t America know how dangerous he is?” asked an irritated Gen X woman in Hamburg.

As an American—and an African American—I want to believe that this is an exaggeration, that Germany’s past has made its residents paranoid. Yet the longer I was there, the more convinced I became that they may be right. Why does Trump automatically dredge up images of Hitler to your average German? Because while the Nazis and World War II are ancient history to most Americans, those events are living history to Germans. Baby boomers grew up in a country rebuilding after the war. Generation X lived through the Berlin Wall being torn down. Millennials grew up at the end of the Cold War as East and West Germany reunified.

When your entire country is devastated because a megalomaniac riles up angry white guys, blames foreigners for everything and promises to “make your country great again,” it makes you a little nervous to see that act repeat itself, even if it is in another country.

http://www.theroot.com/articles/politics/2016/03/to_germans_there_s_something_familiar_about_donald_trump/

Yep.

It's bears repeating, no matter how often the mods try to stop it.

Trump is, in essence, a domestic threat to the Constitution of the United States.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 06:54:42 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2016, 06:53:02 pm »
The complaint by GOP candidates during the primaries was all they did was respond to Trumps asinine statements.  After the primaries all the GOP does is defend the ever escalating verbal vomit Trump ejaculates.  It's going to be a long summer.

How long before someone like John McCain, on the verge of losing his primary and maybe even his election, steps forward, disavows his endorsement of Trump, and causes a cascade effect?

It may not happen.  But it would not surprise me if if does.   

All bets HAVE to be off when your presidential candidate is a racist.  And Republicans are facing the prospect of losing an entire generation of Hispanics, much like they lost African-Americans after Goldwater.

Lose Hispanics in great numbers, and the GOP won't win the presidency in our lifetimes.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 06:54:52 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2016, 07:14:38 pm »
Someone from the GOPe will disavow Trump and I hope it is sooner rather than later. It could start a stampede. Who know how many more idiotic statements will pour out of Trump's mouth before the convention?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2016, 07:17:50 pm »
The complaint by GOP candidates during the primaries was all they did was respond to Trumps asinine statements.  After the primaries all the GOP does is defend the ever escalating verbal vomit Trump ejaculates.  It's going to be a long summer.
Best Election ever...
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2016, 07:25:31 pm »
Someone from the GOPe will disavow Trump and I hope it is sooner rather than later. It could start a stampede. Who know how many more idiotic statements will pour out of Trump's mouth before the convention?

Word has it that the over/under in Las Vegas on Trumpian Blarney prior to the convention is about 25. Get your bets in now.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2016, 01:00:49 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/282248-gingrich-trumps-attacks-on-judge-unacceptable

2 GOP Speakers embarrassed.  Get used to it Newt and Ryan.

We're all embarrassed by Trump.  Not used to it yet.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2016, 01:04:56 am »
How long before someone like John McCain, on the verge of losing his primary and maybe even his election, steps forward, disavows his endorsement of Trump, and causes a cascade effect?

Where is Howard Baker when you need him?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2016, 01:05:37 am »
Best Election ever...

. . . if you're a Hillary supporter.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2016, 01:24:14 am »

That's a possibility; however, Trump's bound delegates are 'bound' to him.  He has the majority. Regardless of how many people from the GOP(e) disavow Trump, it's too late. He will be our nominee.

I think at this point (provided Hillary doesn't win) is to hope for impeachment soon after he becomes POTUS. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2016, 01:44:55 am »

It may not happen.  But it would not surprise me if if does.   

All bets HAVE to be off when your presidential candidate is a racist.  And Republicans are facing the prospect of losing an entire generation of Hispanics, much like they lost African-Americans after Goldwater.

Lose Hispanics in great numbers, and the GOP won't win the presidency in our lifetimes.

I can't stand Trump, but I don't really think he's a racist.  Not to worry, nothing seems to stick to the guy.  :o)

Offline Idiot

« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2016, 01:47:35 am »
That's a possibility; however, Trump's bound delegates are 'bound' to him.  He has the majority. Regardless of how many people from the GOP(e) disavow Trump, it's too late. He will be our nominee.

I think at this point (provided Hillary doesn't win) is to hope for impeachment soon after he becomes POTUS.

Oh geez can you imagine the turmoil in the country should Trump be impeached shortly after becoming POTUS.  Remind me to liquidate all trading accounts before then if you would...lol.

Online libertybele

« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2016, 02:09:42 am »
Oh geez can you imagine the turmoil in the country should Trump be impeached shortly after becoming POTUS.  Remind me to liquidate all trading accounts before then if you would...lol.

At first thought that may be true, but I think after he shows his true colors once (and if) he's POTUS, and his supporters realize that they've been duped ... I think they will sigh with relief.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2016, 04:01:28 am »
I can't stand Trump, but I don't really think he's a racist.  Not to worry, nothing seems to stick to the guy.  :o)

Whether he's "racist" or not is irrelevant.

This is politics. Perception is reality.

All that the Clinton camp has to do is sway a relatively low percentage of the voters who are on the fence, that he may be racist in order for Hillary to win the election.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2016, 04:39:55 am »
Whether he's "racist" or not is irrelevant.

This is politics. Perception is reality.

All that the Clinton camp has to do is sway a relatively low percentage of the voters who are on the fence, that he may be racist in order for Hillary to win the election.

To me it seems that he is purposely making racist remarks.  Republicans stand to loose both African Americans and Hispanic/Latino voters.  Regardless of whether Trumps African American was insulted or not.  African Americans were.  The ones not owned by Trump.  And the fiasco of accusing the Judge because he is Mexican.  I would say that if either race voted for him in primaries it isn't a sure bet in the general.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2016, 08:24:10 pm »
SOURCE: HOTAIR.COM

URL: http://hotair.com/archives/2016/06/06/trump-newt-gingrichs-criticism-of-me-over-the-trump-university-judge-is-inappropriate/

by AllahPundit

The first duty of a vice president is grinning and bearing it when his boss says something he can’t defend. If it’s true that Newt is lobbying to be VP, what exactly does he think he’s signing up for? Choking down whatever sh*t sandwich Trump is serving that day is what you’re there for, buddy. When he plops it on your plate, you smile and ask for seconds.

Skip to 2:30 of the clip below for his comments on Newt, followed by a meandering explanation of why he keeps attacking the judge in a civil suit that won’t see a verdict until after the election. When Brian Kilmeade notes that voters don’t care about this, Trump readily agrees — but what can I do, he continues, when reporters keep bringing it up? Ah, well, one thing he could do is say, “Because the case is pending, it’s better that I don’t comment on it anymore.” Or he could — gasp — say that upon reflection he thinks that Newt’s right and that he shouldn’t have questioned the court’s motives for ruling the way it did. That would have the advantage of delivering some cheap, easy positive publicity about how he really is starting to behave more “presidentially.” But he can’t do it. MSNBC has a smart theory as to why:

Aides appeared unprepared for the Trump University story last week, despite knowing in advance that unsealed court documents would reveal explosive allegations of fraud. Beyond a short video of former students praising the program that was posted online, the campaign offered scant pushback.

The absence of a response to the Trump U story left the candidate to fill the vacuum with a torrent of demagoguery against the federal judge overseeing the case, Gonzalo Curiel, who Trump said was biased by his “Mexican heritage” despite his Indiana birthplace.

Trump’s comments against the judge horrified many supporters, but the real estate mogul rebuffed efforts by campaign staff, donors and party officials to back off the incendiary claim this weekend, per sources, telling them he was unwilling to look like he had caved to pressure.

The one thing a would-be strongman can’t do is admit error, even if the alternative is to keep going down a road that’s leading him further away from his goals. That’s why so many Trump critics tremble at the idea of him being in charge of U.S. foreign policy. Between his aggressive shots at adversaries and his absolute refusal to lose face, it’s too easy to imagine him talking himself into a standoff abroad in which he concludes his only option whenever an enemy declines to submit to his wishes is to escalate. In fact, knowing that, I wonder if the foreign-policy establishment working below him won’t overcompensate by steering U.S. diplomacy further afield from disagreements with other nations so as not to tempt Trump to assert himself in the face of defiance. If you’re haggling with Russia over a peace deal in Syria, aren’t you better off making the Russians happy and then selling your concessions as a “win” for the U.S. than you are driving a hard bargain and risking a confrontation between Trump and Putin?

Then again, how likely is a confrontation between Trump and Putin really?

If you can spare five minutes, I recommend reading the entire MSNBC piece at the link above as it makes astute points about how many times Trump’s bare-bones campaign operation has whiffed over the past few weeks when presented with golden opportunities. There was no rapid response to Hillary’s speech last week attacking Trump; there was virtually nothing on the damning IG report about Clinton’s e-mail practices; as noted in the excerpt, they weren’t even ready with some forceful spin about the Trump University documents. It’s true that they have a media dynamo in Trump himself who can drive a message far wider than any hired spokesman could, but that only works if in fact Trump is driving that message. Too often he isn’t, choosing to ramble about the “Mexican” judge instead. The virtue of having a pro communications team is that they can address topics he never gets around to in interviews and, more importantly, they can do it in a disciplined way. There’s no reason for him not to build one, apart from the sheer self-flattery involved in believing that a media genius needs no help from anyone.

In lieu of an exit question, two tweets to show you what sort of legs the attacks on the judge have had even on his own side. The heat he’s getting for this from Republicans is calculated insofar as he attacked Judge Curiel months ago with little flak from them at the time, but they have a new incentive to push back hard now — namely, signaling to him that it’s time for him to act more statesmanlike, whatever that may look like in practice.

"I don't think it reflects well on the Republican Party I don't think it reflects well on us as a nation" @marcorubio defending Judge Curiel

— Christopher Heath (@CHeathWFTV) June 6, 2016

Public Service Announcement:
Saying someone can't do a specific job because of his or her race is the literal definition of "racism."

— Ben Sasse (@BenSasse) June 6, 2016

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE VIDEO