Author Topic: FLASHBACK: Trump Wants the FCC to Fine Rich Lowry for Not Being PC  (Read 497 times)

Offline sinkspur

Trump Wants the FCC to Fine Rich Lowry for Not Being PC

by KATHERINE TIMPF   

September 24, 2015 3:46 PM

Donald Trump is calling on the FCC to fine National Review editor-in-chief Rich Lowry for telling Megyn Kelly that Carly Fiorina “cut [Trump's] balls off with the precision of a surgeon” during last week’s debate. 

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
 Incompetent @RichLowry lost it tonight on @FoxNews. He should not be allowed on TV and the FCC should fine him! 8:21 PM - 23 Sep 2015

In other words: Donald Trump — the supposed hero in the battle against political correctness — wants my boss to be fined by the federal government for saying something politically incorrect on television. 

Wait. What happened to that whole “I think the big problem this country has is being politically correct. I’ve been challenged by so many people and I frankly don’t have time for total political correctness,” thing that Trump said when he was defending his right to call Rosie O’Donnell a “fat pig” during the first debate? 

Here’s what happened: Someone said something not PC about him.

Look, I totally agree that political correctness is a huge problem in our country. I write about it extensively, and I also fall into the camp of those who are sick of traditional politicians. Still, there is one thing about Mr. Trump’s response here that I just can’t overlook:

Being against political correctness means you’re against political correctness — even when it’s uncomfortable. It doesn’t mean, “I hate political correctness . . . unless someone says something bad about me, then I’ll call on the FCC to fine him!” Yes, it can be harsh sometimes. Hell, I’m sure that I’m going to get a few (million) hateful comments sent my way just for writing this, but I’m not going to let it bother me.

If it bothers you, Mr. Trump, that’s okay. There are plenty of “safe spaces” on college campuses throughout the country that can make you feel right at home.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/424589/donald-trump-rich-lowry-fcc-fine
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

Re: FLASHBACK: Trump Wants the FCC to Fine Rich Lowry for Not Being PC
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 09:59:10 pm »
Repeat fail like all the rest of your recycled Trump hit pieces.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 10:10:54 pm »
If it bothers you, Mr. Trump, that’s okay. There are plenty of “safe spaces” on college campuses throughout the country that can make you feel right at home.

Just think of the black lists Trump will keep... He can't let anything go without reprisal. He's a petty vengeful man.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 10:15:15 pm »
Barry Goldwater on Firing Line, in 1966:

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.