Author Topic: 5 Things You Need To Know About David French #DavidFrench  (Read 749 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
5 Things You Need To Know About David French #DavidFrench
« on: June 01, 2016, 12:58:34 pm »
...Here are five things you need to know about the prospective candidate.

1. French graduated from Harvard Law School, and served in Iraq in Diyala Province as Squadron Judge Advocate for the 2nd Squadron, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, where he was awarded the Bronze Star. He is a major in the United States Army Reserve (IRR).

2. He lives in Tennessee with his wife Nancy, a New York Times best-selling author, and their three children.

3. He is the past president of the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE), and has defended religious liberty on college campuses, serving as a senior counsel for the American Center for Law and Justice and the Alliance Defending Freedom.

4. He has written the New York Times-bestselling Rise of ISIS: A Threat We Can’t Ignore, as well as Home and Away: A Story of Family in a Time of War and A Season for Justice: Defending the Rights of the Christian Church, Home, and School.

5. In 2012 French was awarded the American Conservative Union’s Ronald Reagan Award....

http://www.dailywire.com/news/6181/5-things-you-need-know-about-david-french-hank-berrien

« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 12:59:04 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline mirraflake

Re: 5 Things You Need To Know About David French #DavidFrench
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 01:14:44 pm »
Impressive resume but it's too late. If he started 5-6 months ago..maybe. No one knows who this guy is.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 01:17:03 pm »
Impressive resume but it's too late. If he started 5-6 months ago..maybe. No one knows who this guy is.

True now one knows who this guy is except for the fact he is neither Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, or Bernie Sanders. 

Offline ABX

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 01:21:53 pm »

This election cycle is unlike any other in our lifetime. We may have to set aside all prior expectations and notions and just ride out the fun. Someone, somewhere must have wished we lived in interesting times.

With 40% of Republicans saying #NeverTrump and similar dissatisfaction ratings with Hillary among Democrats, I think we really don't know what we are in for in the next few months.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 01:24:49 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 01:22:20 pm »
I do not need to know anything about David French.   He will be a non factor. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 01:25:38 pm »
Is a serious effort? How many states will have him on the ballot?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline ABX

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 01:42:38 pm »
Is a serious effort? How many states will have him on the ballot?

I think there is more going on around that than people realize. Kristol registered "The Renegade Party" back in February and I understand there have been a lot of signature collection efforts going on. They don't need all 50 states, they just need enough to throw the electoral college to Congress. I think that is the real goal. To create enough of a split among all parties, no one gets the minimum number. Kind of like a big, legal reset button.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 02:02:05 pm »
I think there is more going on around that than people realize. Kristol registered "The Renegade Party" back in February and I understand there have been a lot of signature collection efforts going on. They don't need all 50 states, they just need enough to throw the electoral college to Congress. I think that is the real goal. To create enough of a split among all parties, no one gets the minimum number. Kind of like a big, legal reset button.

With the two bad options we have, I would welcome another choice, especially one that is conservative. We still haven't heard whether Hitlery will be indicted and we don't know what will happen at the Republican convention. Interesting times.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 02:10:28 pm »
I knew I had seen his name; here one finds a number of articles by him in the DF archive:

http://www.nationalreview.com/author/david-french

A lot of these articles are recent.  In fact, daily just for the month of May, 2016.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 02:46:01 pm »
Exercise in  futility, he will never win any electoral votes, soooo moot point. Money not well spent.

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 03:06:04 pm »
With the two bad options we have, I would welcome another choice, especially one that is conservative. We still haven't heard whether Hitlery will be indicted and we don't know what will happen at the Republican convention. Interesting times.

Kind of like a big, legal reset button.  Technically the RNC can deny tRump delegates on a growing number of grounds.
That is the background chatter that has tRump all mouthy about Cruz again.

David French might be a dandy attention getter to team with Cruz for a lot of disgruntled trumpbots if the RNC says "You are not fit, Sir".

Offline austingirl

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 03:09:31 pm »
Kind of like a big, legal reset button.  Technically the RNC can deny tRump delegates on a growing number of grounds.
That is the background chatter that has tRump all mouthy about Cruz again.

David French might be a dandy attention getter to team with Cruz for a lot of disgruntled trumpbots if the RNC says "You are not fit, Sir".

Cruz/French 2016. I like it. Trump has not been nominated yet and with his daily behavior on display-perhaps he won't be.

Offline ABX

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 03:14:13 pm »
Cruz/French 2016. I like it. Trump has not been nominated yet and with his daily behavior on display-perhaps he won't be.

There are platform rules that could be used if necessary. Generally around disqualifying a candidate due to ethical or legal issues. After all, a party can't be forced to continue with a candidate who is under criminal investigation for example.

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 03:45:16 pm »
Exercise in  futility, he will never win any electoral votes ....

But hopefully he'll pick up a few popular votes.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

geronl

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2016, 04:16:58 pm »
I do not need to know anything about David French.   He will be a non factor.

Ted Cruz should endorse David French.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 04:25:08 pm »

Good for you - you understand what is happening - French needs to get only one state and I bet that would be Utah, to throw the election to the House of Representatives.  Any Republican they would put in office would be better than mentally disturbed Trump or Hillary.  Vote French if he runs and he needs to make the decision within the next few days in order to get his name on as many state ballots as possible.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 04:46:22 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline r9etb

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 04:32:22 pm »
I'm pretty disappointed by this, actually.  French is a very bright guy, but he has no political background, and certainly no background as a political executive -- or an executive of any sort, for that matter.  He's an amateur, and we know from present circumstances how dangerous it is to elect an amateur to the presidency.

A 3rd-party run by a sitting or somewhat recent governor would be a lot more effective -- hell, this year it would probably even succeed.

But a 3rd-party run by David French has no serious chance.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 04:58:59 pm »
There are platform rules that could be used if necessary. Generally around disqualifying a candidate due to ethical or legal issues. After all, a party can't be forced to continue with a candidate who is under criminal investigation for example.

What ethical or legal issues do you expect to be brought up at this point that wouodn't already have the GOP talking?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 05:06:23 pm »
Exercise in  futility, he will never win any electoral votes, soooo moot point. Money not well spent.
Domain--

www.nevertrumpbriefingroom.com          is available for just $11.99

A once in a lifetime chance to fill a very narrow but very loud niche market

What Sen. Ted Cruz could not do in the GOP, some guy named French is going to do in the new Renegade Party??

"True conservatives" once again proved to be logic/math challenged.

www.french-for-president.com          is also available for $11.99
www.briefingroom.com                     is also available for $11.99
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline r9etb

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2016, 05:08:27 pm »
What ethical or legal issues do you expect to be brought up at this point that wouldn't already have the GOP talking?

Trump's ethical issues could fill a dumpster and it still hasn't disqualified him from representing the GOP.  Which says a lot about the present sorry state of the GOP.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 05:12:26 pm »
If all a French run does is stoke the garbage fire that is the Trump campaign and get under his very thin skin, it will be worth it.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2016, 02:18:32 am »
If all a French run does is stoke the garbage fire that is the Trump campaign and get under his very thin skin, it will be worth it.

Absolutely❗
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2016, 02:29:15 am »
He is the past president of the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE)

The work FIRE does is excellent. One of my favorite groups, deserving of support.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn