Author Topic: Trump: I’m not going to mock Ted Cruz as “Lyin’ Ted” anymore, but no, seriously, he’s a liar  (Read 10975 times)

Online Hoodat

All you've done is re-state the standard you've developed by which no Republican should criticize Trump

Nonsense.  It is always OK for Republicans to criticize Democrats.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline OldSaltUSN

The deadbeat candidate continues to attack his own alleged party. He will drain it of funds after the convention because he can't raise it himself and he won't spend a dime of his own money. Down-ballot Republicans aren't just anchored to this fool, they're going to find themselves not getting $$$ from the party because it all goes to Trump.

The GOP is probably going to lose Congress whether Trump manages to win or not.

The Senate, for certain, is gone, regardless of whether Trump wins or loses.  Trump has divided the party to such an extent that 1/3 to 1/2 of GOP voters will either avoid the polls or the GOP altogether.  Money will be anemic.  Unless the Democrats completely self-destruct, which is certainly possible given the weakness of their ordained Presidential candidate, the Democrats own the Senate, AND the next Supreme Court nomination.   Thanks, Donald.  And Trump supporters, you own it too.  If I'm wrong, I'll eat my words on this forum.

As far as the House, I'm uncertain.  The Democrats will certainly gain strength in the House, but given the current GOP numbers, the GOP may hold on to the House for two more years.

All the Trumpkins who are dreaming of President Trump with the tools necessary to achieve 1/3 of what he has promised, namely a GOP dominated and sympathetic Congress, are either dissembling or willfully ignorant.  GOP conservatives have demonstrated previously that they will STAY HOME rather than forfeit their principles, and that will cost Donald any chance at the Oval Office, the GOP any chance of holding the Senate, and renewed legal challenges producing pro-abortion and anti-Second Amendment USSC rulings, within the first year of the next Administration

The Democrats know how fleeting time and the winds of politics are.  Bill didn't get all he wanted done before he lost his lock on Congress.  Obama did better, thanks to the feckless GOP RINO's in the Senate and House, but he also fell short of what Democrats though was their entitlement of power, so he want the anti-Constitutional executive route.  The next Democrat with the Senate behind him will put progressive Justice #5 on the USSC, and then likely, #6 and #7 before his/her term is done.

I am certain of all of this.   It makes logical sense.    That Trump will take the White House and the GOP will hold the Senate absent the support (reluctant or otherwise) of over half the GOP, is illogical.  There's no basis for making that assertion, let alone guaranteeing it, and Trump's blogger mobs are found of doing.

Online Hoodat

Venezuela, here we come!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
Got to hand it to him, he's got those talking points down pat.
Until stumpy's checks bounce.
Former Republican.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
At this point in Time Trump is the Republican Party nominee for all intents and purposes.

Just another liberal Democrat running with an 'R' after his name.  Enjoy. 

Any and all attempts to derail the official nomination at the Convention are anti-republican party

The GOP Establishment has been telling everyone from the beginning that they would do so if their Establishment picks did not *win* the primary and Trump or Cruz stayed on top.  In fact, if memory serves - Jeb Bush said at the beginning he would lose the primary and *win* the general WITHOUT the Conservative base if I recall.  This is a party wholly complicit in the fundamental transformation of the country and in a post-velvet coup, the politburo is not about to allow their seats of power to be risked by the bourgeois in flyover country.

nothing coming out if such maneuvering will win in the General against the Democrat and will destroy the party costing us the house and Senate as well.

All evidence shows that the leadership of that party and their corrupted lackeys are perfectly willing to do just that, and in fact - that may be part of the plan all along.  Making corruption look legitimate is how a coup placates a people into acceptance.

As the Republican Party nominee he holds a position higher then just himself.

Nothing is higher in Trump's mind than himself - that much he has made abundantly clear.

Hes the top ranking Party member on the ticket and what happens to him effects all the party. A military equivalent is he is now the Senior officer and like in the service the Rank itself deserves respect more then the man wearing it. Court Marshals happen over disrespecting the rank for example.

Thanks for your explanation of an intolerant dictatorship.  And some of you wonder why we refer to Trump as Lil' Benito.

Since #neverTrump no longer has conservative leadership, nor does it have conservative sources for its material

This is where you engage in sophistry.  Conservatives who make up a large bulk of NeverTrump are governed by God, His Word, the Constitution and the principles that were the foundation of this society and nation.  That has been and forever will remain Conservative leadership.  We don't follow or get wrapped up into cults of personality or mass movements, regardless of whom has an 'R' after their name.  We will support only those who are governed by, support and promote the very foundational principles that govern us.  We will no longer engage in supporting liberals pretending to be Conservatives simply because it is said they are not as evil or corrupt as the other party's candidate.

I will grant you that finding actual 'Conservative' sources of news and opinion is growing scarce as they are corrupted Leftward as the GOP itself was, or taken over by the insane and irrational populist nationalism/Fascism heralded by your presumptive nominee.

it is clear its a Democrat run operation now with the agenda of splitting the Republican base and depressing Turn Out,

Your party and your presumptive nominee do that every single time that they speak, and insult targets of their derision and/or attempt to intimidate everyone to 'fall in line behind Trump'.   Democrats have little to do with it this time around.

No Third party will win their purpose is to split the vote like Perot did.

Irrelevant.  The GOP did this even before Trump got into the race after they spit on us after we handed them the Senate.  THE GOP needs to die and go the way of the Whigs.  They have already rendered themselves irrelevant and just another wing of the Ruling Class oligarchy dominated by Marxist Communists that they continue to enable and empower.

If Hillary or another Sociopath Marxist takes over we get at least 3 and possibly 5 Supreme Court Justices of the Same caliber as Obama nominates and we lose both houses.

The scare-tactic you employ is old and worn out.  Mordor on the Potomac is going to do what it intends to do by every means it chooses whether by the courts or it's alphabets.   That 9 justices in black robes are permitted to have such power and influence over a people that we act in fear of ideologues placed on the court to make law and abolish rights - illustrates the very fact that this is no longer a republic.

The GOP has earned for itself the loss of both Houses given their enabling of the Obama agenda.  They are become an enabling party - not an opposition party.  They lied to us to get elected and handed the Senate, then they turned and handed Obama everything he wanted and told us to shut up, sit down or "get punched in the nose".   That a lifelong Northeastern liberal now heads their ticket fits what they have become in all practicality anyway.

There will be no more Republican Party

Good.  It's not an opposition party now, it's just the opposite side of the same coin - the other arm of the Beast that sits astride the Potomac.

nor will there be anything to stop the Democrat America-destroying agenda.

The Republican party enabled and passed the last 4 years of Obama's America-destroying agenda and did nothing to stop it in the first place. 

It will be over. No new party, no sovereign country, no guns, no free choice and Christianity will likely be illegal, etc. at the end of eight years of continued Obama-agenda rule there will be nothing of America to recognize. We will be like the EU only for North America. 

If you think voting for a man is going to save you from all that…. you know what?  Never mind.  You aren't capable of liberty.

There is nothing principled or conservative or moral in that.

Idolatry is a sin to Conservatives.  We do not engage in it, or put our hopes in men or their corrupted institutions. That is exactly principled and moral.  Insisting we hitch our hopes to a man and a political party is immoral.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Trump is absolute scum.  Just read the above again, and then say you can support this man for president.

Cruz should NEVER endorse him.

Trump is a vile, vindictive, despicable human being and is so far beneath the office to which he aspires.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline OldSaltUSN

Just another liberal Democrat running with an 'R' after his name.  Enjoy. 

The GOP Establishment has been telling everyone from the beginning that they would do so if their Establishment picks did not *win* the primary and Trump or Cruz stayed on top.  In fact, if memory serves - Jeb Bush said at the beginning he would lose the primary and *win* the general WITHOUT the Conservative base if I recall.  This is a party wholly complicit in the fundamental transformation of the country and in a post-velvet coup, the politburo is not about to allow their seats of power to be risked by the bourgeois in flyover country.

All evidence shows that the leadership of that party and their corrupted lackeys are perfectly willing to do just that, and in fact - that may be part of the plan all along.  Making corruption look legitimate is how a coup placates a people into acceptance.

Nothing is higher in Trump's mind than himself - that much he has made abundantly clear.

Thanks for your explanation of an intolerant dictatorship.  And some of you wonder why we refer to Trump as Lil' Benito.

This is where you engage in sophistry.  Conservatives who make up a large bulk of NeverTrump are governed by God, His Word, the Constitution and the principles that were the foundation of this society and nation.  That has been and forever will remain Conservative leadership.  We don't follow or get wrapped up into cults of personality or mass movements, regardless of whom has an 'R' after their name.  We will support only those who are governed by, support and promote the very foundational principles that govern us.  We will no longer engage in supporting liberals pretending to be Conservatives simply because it is said they are not as evil or corrupt as the other party's candidate.

I will grant you that finding actual 'Conservative' sources of news and opinion is growing scarce as they are corrupted Leftward as the GOP itself was, or taken over by the insane and irrational populist nationalism/Fascism heralded by your presumptive nominee.

Your party and your presumptive nominee do that every single time that they speak, and insult targets of their derision and/or attempt to intimidate everyone to 'fall in line behind Trump'.   Democrats have little to do with it this time around.

Irrelevant.  The GOP did this even before Trump got into the race after they spit on us after we handed them the Senate.  THE GOP needs to die and go the way of the Whigs.  They have already rendered themselves irrelevant and just another wing of the Ruling Class oligarchy dominated by Marxist Communists that they continue to enable and empower.

The scare-tactic you employ is old and worn out.  Mordor on the Potomac is going to do what it intends to do by every means it chooses whether by the courts or it's alphabets.   That 9 justices in black robes are permitted to have such power and influence over a people that we act in fear of ideologues placed on the court to make law and abolish rights - illustrates the very fact that this is no longer a republic.

The GOP has earned for itself the loss of both Houses given their enabling of the Obama agenda.  They are become an enabling party - not an opposition party.  They lied to us to get elected and handed the Senate, then they turned and handed Obama everything he wanted and told us to shut up, sit down or "get punched in the nose".   That a lifelong Northeastern liberal now heads their ticket fits what they have become in all practicality anyway.

Good.  It's not an opposition party now, it's just the opposite side of the same coin - the other arm of the Beast that sits astride the Potomac.

The Republican party enabled and passed the last 4 years of Obama's America-destroying agenda and did nothing to stop it in the first place. 

If you think voting for a man is going to save you from all that…. you know what?  Never mind.  You aren't capable of liberty.

Idolatry is a sin to Conservatives.  We do not engage in it, or put our hopes in men or their corrupted institutions. That is exactly principled and moral.  Insisting we hitch our hopes to a man and a political party is immoral.

:thumbsup:

Of course, when Trump inevitably loses, and takes the Senate and USSC down with him for benefit of his long time friends the Clintons, Mechanicos and all the other Trump supporters will blame you, me, the sun, the moon, the stars, and all American's for the past 250 years, for Trump's loss.  It'll be EVERYONE's fault, except Trump and his supporters, in the view of the Trumpkins. 

"The 'and his supporters' is not simply a gratuitous swipe at the Trumpkins, either.  I was first, a tepid Carson supporter (hey, there were 17 nominees to start, it was a big pool), then gravitated to Cruz.  There was definitely a point at which I could have "unified" with, and supported Trump, versus voting against Trump (e.g. Hitlery, Bernie, any bum on the corner, etc.).    The FreeRepublic Trump supporters were fundamental in forever preventing me from supporting Trump.  I've never met a more juvenile, satanic crowd then the Freeping Trumpkins.

At this point, if Cruz and Trump were able to patch things up and unify a ticket, I still wouldn't support Trump.    I can't save the republic with my vote, but I intend to personally hurt Trump and his supporters anyway that I can.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 07:59:53 pm by OldSaltUSN »

Offline OldSaltUSN

Great post.  The "lyin' Ted" makes me really mad.  The "he holds up the Bible in one hand and then puts it down and lies" makes me even madder.  I see that as a slam against Bible believers in general.  I take it VERY personally.  The other is a dishonest attack on Ted which I believe cost him a great deal.  It is and was TOTALLY FALSE AND UNFAIR!!!!!  Trump did it to distract for the truths Cruz was revealing about Trump's flip-flopping.  It worked, to our national shame.  The other is a slam on religious freedom and I take it VERY personally.  I will never vote for him.

I believe that the last true "amoral" candidate that I supported was Arnie Schwarzenegger.     That's enough for a lifetime of penitence.   

I won't count my vote in November against Trump as "amoral", since both candidates are equally amoral.  I'm out to hurt the guy who destroyed the American conservative movement for a generation, maybe two.  It'll be my last "political act".   I will vote anti-GOP (e.g. anti-TRUMP-GOP) down ballot as well.   Any GOP candidate that swears allegiance against Trump gets my vote, even the RINO's who are the reason for Trump's rise. 

When caught in a war between two opposing sides, you can't sit on the sideline out of harms way.  You have to commit - there is no choice.  I'm committed #NeverTrump.   After Trump loses, as he inevitably will, we'll see if there's anything left of the Republic or conservative movement left to salvage.

Offline sitetest

I believe that the last true "amoral" candidate that I supported was Arnie Schwarzenegger.     That's enough for a lifetime of penitence.   

I won't count my vote in November against Trump as "amoral", since both candidates are equally amoral.  I'm out to hurt the guy who destroyed the American conservative movement for a generation, maybe two.  It'll be my last "political act".   I will vote anti-GOP (e.g. anti-TRUMP-GOP) down ballot as well.   Any GOP candidate that swears allegiance against Trump gets my vote, even the RINO's who are the reason for Trump's rise. 

When caught in a war between two opposing sides, you can't sit on the sideline out of harms way.  You have to commit - there is no choice.  I'm committed #NeverTrump.   After Trump loses, as he inevitably will, we'll see if there's anything left of the Republic or conservative movement left to salvage.
I agree with you.   Anything that endorses stumpy earns my disdain, contempt, and vote for someone else.
Former Republican.

geronl

I agree with you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Democrats are saving it for Cruz's next election...

That explanation makes no sense.

If Democrats were in control of the National Enquirer and that story all along, why did they use it to attack Cruz and help Trump during the primaries?  What did they gain by that?

Andi if it was the Democrats controlling the story, wouldn't it have made a lot more sense to help Cruz win the primary, then hit him with all those stories after he was the nominee?

You explanation only makes sense if the democrats wanted Trump, instead of Cruz, to win the nomination.  And I'm not sure that's a narrative you'd want to push.

Offline austingirl

"Conservatives who make up a large bulk of NeverTrump are governed by God, His Word, the Constitution and the principles that were the foundation of this society and nation.  That has been and forever will remain Conservative leadership.  We don't follow or get wrapped up into cults of personality or mass movements, regardless of whom has an 'R' after their name.  We will support only those who are governed by, support and promote the very foundational principles that govern us.  We will no longer engage in supporting liberals pretending to be Conservatives simply because it is said they are not as evil or corrupt as the other party's candidate."

@INVAR- very well-stated.

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
Archived huh,

All those Mexican flags at the Protest in San Diego mean Trump wins. Ur spinning your wheels for nothing.

I am not the only pne thinking tRump is paying these protestors.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump is a vile, vindictive, despicable human being and is so far beneath the office to which he aspires.

Sweetie, your repetition is becoming monotonous and boring.  Just thought you'd like to know @austingirl

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I am not the only pne thinking tRump is paying these protestors.

Who are the other two @EtX link ?  I want names---we need to unite!    :whistle:

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 11:40:15 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Silver Pines

Trump is absolute scum.  Just read the above again, and then say you can support this man for president.

Cruz should NEVER endorse him.

For me, it's never going to happen.  As far as Cruz is concerned, I don't think he will, but if he does, I'll be done with him, too.

Silver Pines

What would convince you?  What do you need to hear?

For me, I would have to hear that he magically morphed into someone besides Donald Trump.  Otherwise, I've seen a solid pattern of behavior since last June which demonstrates he is completely amoral.  Anything else from him would be a lie or a stunt.

Offline austingirl

For me, I would have to hear that he magically morphed into someone besides Donald Trump.  Otherwise, I've seen a solid pattern of behavior since last June which demonstrates he is completely amoral.  Anything else from him would be a lie or a stunt.

Trump's behavior is the reason his negatives are so high. He adds to the number who dislike him every time he opens his mouth and spews insults and lies. It is obvious this is ingrained behavior and will not change.

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
You think that's funny?  To smear a decent fellow candidates and his wife and father?  How is that funny?  Serious question -

Trying as hard as I might to find some real redeeming value in tRump.  Watched what I could stand of tRump in San D. What a scattered speech! "Talk to hear himself talk"! This guy has to be certifiable schizophrenic otherwise he is simply messing with everyone's head just for the shock value.

Its also possible he's restarting the Cruz bashing because he thinks there is something coming to undermine his game at the convention. Would that be some strong poetic justice? Then he could be his real self and jump to dem with hitlery.

Offline skeeter

F Trump.

How can I vote for someone I so thoroughly despise.

Silver Pines

Trump's behavior is the reason his negatives are so high. He adds to the number who dislike him every time he opens his mouth and spews insults and lies. It is obvious this is ingrained behavior and will not change.
[/quote

Exactly.  I've never been a fan of the guy; he's always been a blowhard braggart.  But seeing him in action for a year show that those are his good points.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Great post.  The "lyin' Ted" makes me really mad.  The "he holds up the Bible in one hand and then puts it down and lies" makes me even madder.  I see that as a slam against Bible believers in general.  I take it VERY personally.  The other is a dishonest attack on Ted which I believe cost him a great deal.  It is and was TOTALLY FALSE AND UNFAIR!!!!!  Trump did it to distract for the truths Cruz was revealing about Trump's flip-flopping.  It worked, to our national shame.  The other is a slam on religious freedom and I take it VERY personally.  I will never vote for him.

What you said!!!
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline HootOwl

You have to put much of the blame on the media.  No way could Trump get away with this slander without the media egging him on.  They knew how outrageous that statement was.  Actually Little Rubio started the " Cruz lying stuff"  during the pre SC debate trying to move himself into second place.  He gave Trump just the ammo he needed against Cruz. 8black day 8black day    I used to like Rubio until he pulled that

geronl

If Democrats were in control of the National Enquirer and that story all along, why did they use it to attack Cruz and help Trump during the primaries?  What did they gain by that?

Andi if it was the Democrats controlling the story, wouldn't it have made a lot more sense to help Cruz win the primary, then hit him with all those stories after he was the nominee?

Democrats salivated at the chance to run against Trump. They wanted Trump badly.

Offline sitetest

Democrats salivated at the chance to run against Trump. They wanted Trump badly.
Sure, it means "heads I win, tails, you lose."  Now, the election will be between two liberal dammocraps., who lean toward socialism, one who is nationalistic, the other, quite consciously international.
Former Republican.