Author Topic: Trump: I may ask Congress to formally declare war to fight terror  (Read 2860 times)

Offline RedHead

Re: Trump: I may ask Congress to formally declare war to fight terror
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2016, 02:51:10 pm »
Maybe, maybe we will get a new Territory, or Solar will take off or cold fusion will come about. Nonetheless logically the goal would be to deny that revenue and resource stream to the Muslim Terrorists. There are several ways this can come about once we have control of the fields. Only ONE is using the military to run it...

And what are the others, pray tell?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2016, 02:52:07 pm »
A declaration of war should be given when that is what is necessary to win the conflict.   When what it does and the powers it grants the prez are necessary.   Hence the question..... What exactly would it do to better help us defeat ISIS?

Congratulations !! You win the prize, for post #36 and the first mention of "defeat ISIS."

I was beginning this was yet another fishing expedition for "red herrings," or some other variety of #nevertrump chum.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline elhombrelibre

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2016, 02:53:04 pm »
Trump was with the no-blood for oil crowd, the anti-Bush bunch, until he needed a soundbite for his deep-thinking foreign policy and thought stealing oil from others would make a good rallying cry to dupe his supporters. 

Offline kjam22

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2016, 02:54:42 pm »
Maybe, maybe we will get a new Territory, or Solar will take off or cold fusion will come about. Nonetheless logically the goal would be to deny that revenue and resource stream to the Muslim Terrorists. There are several ways this can come about once we have control of the fields. Only ONE is using the military to run it...

You don't need a declaration of war to deny Isis oil revenue.   You need about a 3 month dedicated bombing campaign.   The last thing we want to do is occupy for the purpose of stealing a country's wealth.   
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2016, 02:58:10 pm »
Congratulations !! You win the prize, for post #36 and the first mention of "defeat ISIS."

I was beginning this was yet another fishing expedition for "red herrings," or some other variety of #nevertrump chum.

King Trumpy says he might need a declaration of war to defeat Isis/terrorism.   I think it's a fair question to ask exactly what the declaration gets him that the authorization to use force doesn't as it pertains to defeating Isis.
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2016, 03:00:45 pm »
And what are the others, pray tell?
Well the Government you have preferred has done such things as install puppet governments. And used private armed forces, and is known to set up bases in hostile countries, etc. Many many options but why in the hell would that be telegraphed to our enemies now?
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2016, 03:02:40 pm »
Trump was with the no-blood for oil crowd, the anti-Bush bunch, until he needed a soundbite for his deep-thinking foreign policy and thought stealing oil from others would make a good rallying cry to dupe his supporters.
Yo #neverTrump back then we did not have ISIS shooting up Christmas parties here in the US either.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2016, 03:02:56 pm »
It drives me crazy.  King Trumpy says these stupid things that sound good, and 40% of republicans say in a hick accent..."hell ya"

When you are attempting to argue with a Trump supporter, you realize it's very easy to twist them into pretzels defending their position. 

The implications of "taking the oil" wasn't thought out by Trump when he said it, and it makes even less sense now than when he said it originally.  Rather than admit it is a dumb idea, you actually see sentient humans attempting to defend invading countries  and commandeering oil fields.

This seems to be nutso day around here.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2016, 03:03:22 pm »
Well the Government you have preferred has done such things as install puppet governments. And used private armed forces, and is known to set up bases in hostile countries, etc. Many many options but why in the hell would that be telegraphed to our enemies now?

Oh come on, you can say...... I'm guessing ISIS is not making war plans bases on your comments on this thread.