Author Topic: Ahoy Mates  (Read 1156 times)

Offline SquirrelCutter

• Hey Moe, I'm tryin' to think but nothin' happens!
    • My homepage over on FR, if things continue as current I may find a new host.
Ahoy Mates
« on: May 23, 2016, 08:30:13 pm »
n00b, got introduced to this forum because Mystery-AK saw me in a catfight with some FReepers over there this past weekend and took pity on me. I don't always get into name-calling pissing contests, but when I do I like to post memes to annoy the people calling me names. When somebody has gone over the top with me I quit reading their messages and just send them irritating pictures. I figure it is better that way.

I can pretty much give as good as I get, I figure. This is me smacking down some Canuck last week  :smokin:

I'm a Texan, married 59-yo man, cyclist, shooter, cat lover, I dig camping in primitive areas and trying to capture star trail photos with all the old crappy 35mm cameras I've bought at garage sales over the years. I have the most AWESOME martial arts film and eclectic music collections in the world, and I like turtles. I think our current pResident is a traitorous lying bag of greasy grimy gopher guts and his transformation of my beautiful country amounts to Fundamentally Twerking America.

I'm only here for the beer  :beer:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 08:38:17 pm by SquirrelCutter »
"Do right, and risk the consequences" -- Old Sam Houston

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

I tend to say what I think, sometimes before I think.

And, as always, my opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Ahoy Mates
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 08:34:42 pm »
Beer?   :beer:

Welcome!
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 08:42:07 pm »
Glad you're here.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 08:43:29 pm »
Well I think you win the award for the best introduction we have had so far...lmao

Glad to have you

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 08:52:29 pm »
n00b, got introduced to this forum because Mystery-AK saw me in a catfight with some FReepers over there this past weekend and took pity on me. I don't always get into name-calling pissing contests, but when I do I like to post memes to annoy the people calling me names. When somebody has gone over the top with me I quit reading their messages and just send them irritating pictures. I figure it is better that way.

I'm a Texan, married 59-yo man, cyclist, shooter, cat lover, I dig camping in primitive areas and trying to capture star trail photos with all the old crappy 35mm cameras I've bought at garage sales over the years. I have the most AWESOME martial arts film and eclectic music collections in the world, and I like turtles. I think our current pResident is a traitorous lying bag of greasy grimy gopher guts and his transformation of my beautiful country amounts to Fundamentally Twerking America.

I'm only here for the beer  :beer:

What do you ride. (If by "cyclist" you mean what I mean and know what I'm asking.......)  If you are too old ...Like me  to be a hipster, I'm ruling out a fixie.  So I'm guessing you are either a MAMIL on a roadie. Maybe a billie goat on  a 29'r or ...maybe a gravel grinder?

Welcome.  See you at the bar. 

Nyuck Nyuck
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 08:55:17 pm by Wingnut »

Offline SquirrelCutter

• Hey Moe, I'm tryin' to think but nothin' happens!
    • My homepage over on FR, if things continue as current I may find a new host.
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 09:00:55 pm »
Holy Smokes, great question. I have 7 bicycles, my wife (She Who Must Be Obeyed) made me sell off a couple.

I have road bikes: 1970 Schwinn Paramount "fixed gear" (ha, there ya go!), a 1980 Ron Cooper Sprint and a 1993 Paramount.
I have a couple of mountain bikes: Matt Chester 29er singlespeed, 26" IF Deluxe (best climbing bike I've ever been on), 1993 Breezer Lightning (converted to street duty).
A 1989 Schwinn Cimarron I used to commute to work on a lot, but I work from home now so it gathers dust.

I don't ride like I used to but I still get out there. I've been on the roads and mountain bike trails all over Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas. I love being on my bike in the woods, reminds me of when I was 8.
"Do right, and risk the consequences" -- Old Sam Houston

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

I tend to say what I think, sometimes before I think.

And, as always, my opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them.

geronl

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 09:10:19 pm »

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 09:14:31 pm »
Welcome, @SquirrelCutter

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 09:20:07 pm »
Pedal power beer wagon!

John Steinbeck

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2016, 09:24:32 pm »
Holy Smokes, great question. I have 7 bicycles, my wife (She Who Must Be Obeyed) made me sell off a couple.

I have road bikes: 1970 Schwinn Paramount "fixed gear" (ha, there ya go!), a 1980 Ron Cooper Sprint and a 1993 Paramount.
I have a couple of mountain bikes: Matt Chester 29er singlespeed, 26" IF Deluxe (best climbing bike I've ever been on), 1993 Breezer Lightning (converted to street duty).
A 1989 Schwinn Cimarron I used to commute to work on a lot, but I work from home now so it gathers dust.

I don't ride like I used to but I still get out there. I've been on the roads and mountain bike trails all over Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas. I love being on my bike in the woods, reminds me of when I was 8.

Talk to me about the SWMBO deal!  My biggest fear these days is that when I die... She will sell my bikes for what I told her I paid for them!

Sold all my "old school" Chro-Mo bikes two years ago at a swap meetes to Fixie Freaks!..  LOL.   I'm left with only 4 now..  Two New Roadies and two Treking bikes.   I'm building a Gravel grinder at present to let me get off the beaten path from time to time!

Take care Brother and be safe!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 10:01:58 pm »

Ah, a fellow cyclist.

I got a used Roadace 200, not sure what year, as a gift years ago. That one replaced the old kid-sized Schwinn I had picked up before, I don't remember the exact circumstances. I've fallen way behind on maintenance, but I still ride the thing.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2016, 10:19:45 pm »
The upper classmen from the ex-Freeper Class of 2008 and 2012 Welcome you to what still is the best conservative political forum on the web. Most of us here were either kicked off or pushed off FR by the biggest collection of obnoxious people you can imagine.

You will still find heated debates here on the political thread, but nobody is being threaten to be kicked off the island just because you do or do not support Trump. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 10:33:33 pm »
My wife and I are getting back into cycling
After an absence of 28 years. I have old Trek road bike from mid 80's and one of the first Trek mountain bikes ever made.    I was a hardcore cyclist back in 80-89 or so.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 10:48:03 pm »
I have a Marushi road bike from 1980 or so. It was hot stuff back then because of the lightweight alloy frame.
John Steinbeck