Author Topic: Melania Trump: My husband is 'not Hitler'  (Read 10441 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: Melania Trump: My husband is 'not Hitler'
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2016, 02:52:59 am »
I don't think he's lying. I believe he just hasn't been made aware of the true cost of biofuels.

I agree that he's ignorant and advocates policies from positions of ignorance.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2016, 03:41:15 am »
"When you have to deny your husband's Hitler, this isn't good." -Mike Bates

Some good pics at the link:

https://twitter.com/MikeBates/status/732659973210005504
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Paladin

« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2016, 04:01:52 am »
Tone it down, A-Lert. Stick to the topic, not insulting other posters.

Yeah, A-Lert, elevate the quality of your posts to a higher level. Something resembling this apparently as the Mod said nothing about it:

"Nope, you got it completely wrong.  Not at all surprising for a Trump Chump."
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

A-Lert

« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2016, 04:05:00 am »
I agree that he's ignorant and advocates policies from positions of ignorance.

What policies? Concealed carry reciprocity? Elimination of government departments and agencies? Strengthening our military and veteran's care? Securing our borders? Making the US more business and manufacturing friendly?

A-Lert

« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2016, 04:10:11 am »
Yeah, A-Lert, elevate the quality of your posts to a higher level. Something resembling this apparently as the Mod said nothing about it:

"Nope, you got it completely wrong.  Not at all surprising for a Trump Chump."

I've been doing my best to ignore all the insults hurled by the neverTrumps. I've typed out some responses and then deleted them. Figured the antis would be reprimanded eventually, but so far it seems little is off limits for them..

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2016, 04:31:10 am »
I've been doing my best to ignore all the insults hurled by the neverTrumps. I've typed out some responses and then deleted them. Figured the antis would be reprimanded eventually, but so far it seems little is off limits for them..

No actually, several have been told to tone it down. So you can add that to the list of things you have been completely wrong about.

A-Lert

« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2016, 04:47:43 am »
No actually, several have been told to tone it down. So you can add that to the list of things you have been completely wrong about.

Who has been told to tone it down?

Offline Paladin

« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2016, 07:02:15 am »

I admire your restraint just as I admire your persistence in trying to reason with the ant-Trump cabal even if reasoning with them, due to the fact they won't listen, seems an exercise in futility.

I also agree with your observation of how, sadly, they are subject to little restraint in behavior on this Forum. They have, in fact, turned BR into a pale and ugly imitation of Daily Kos or perhaps DU. That, however, is to be expected as many anti-Trumpsters appear to have slithered here from one of those two places.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2016, 03:16:27 pm »
What policies? Concealed carry reciprocity? Elimination of government departments and agencies? Strengthening our military and veteran's care? Securing our borders? Making the US more business and manufacturing friendly?
Can those all be done by EO?
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2016, 03:20:43 pm »
With surrogates like this, who needs enemas? https://t.co/AufS4VZNQu— Scott Adams (@ScottAdamsSays) May 19, 2016
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2016, 03:23:00 pm »
I admire your restraint just as I admire your persistence in trying to reason with the ant-Trump cabal even if reasoning with them, due to the fact they won't listen, seems an exercise in futility.

I also agree with your observation of how, sadly, they are subject to little restraint in behavior on this Forum. They have, in fact, turned BR into a pale and ugly imitation of Daily Kos or perhaps DU. That, however, is to be expected as many anti-Trumpsters appear to have slithered here from one of those two places.

Was it the Emotional arguing and hatred that gave it away? or the Democrat party platform some argue in here?
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2016, 03:46:23 pm »
Or the Democrat party platform some argue in here?
I'd like to see some examples of this.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2016, 03:49:26 pm »

Permit me to respectfully disagree with you.  Take a look at DU some time.  Reported posts are generally done because of political thoughts not agreeable to those who run it.  A post that's reported goes through a "jury" of mostly leftists before being stricken from the record.  The ability to debate is limited to a left of center ideology.  Posters are frequently banned for purely political statements.  And I am unaware of any of the anti-Trump group coming over here from either Kos or DU.  I believe most came from TOS.  From my experience here, the owners and mods try to stay out of it, limiting their involvement to issues of personal insults, profanity or outrages like Hitler charges.

The whole idea here has been to keep away from taking an official political side, something rarely seen on these political forums.  Right now the Trump supporters appear to be outnumbered by about ten to one here.  But one thing is obvious to me.  Both sides have done their share of flaming, and both sides have claimed this forum has been infiltrated by the left, evidence of which I've yet to see. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Paladin

« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2016, 08:44:55 pm »
"Permit me to respectfully disagree with you."

Disagree with me all you wish, but I am talking about the constantly venomous tone of the anti-Trumpsters and the incredibly nasty things they have said about Trump and even Melania. That sort of thing reminds me very much of Kos and DU as it is completely within the spirit of both those sites.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2016, 09:04:28 pm »
Who has been told to tone it down?

Off the top of my head, Invar and Sneaky Pete. So as usual, you are wrong.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2016, 09:17:55 pm »
Sink got suspended for a month.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

A-Lert

« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2016, 09:20:21 pm »
Off the top of my head, Invar and Sneaky Pete. So as usual, you are wrong.

Off the top of your head? Sorry, not good enough. When, where, for what?

A-Lert

« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2016, 09:25:59 pm »
Sink got suspended for a month.

When? I've only been here for a short time, but I think he's insulted just about everybody who didn't support Rubio or Cruz.

Offline flowers

« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2016, 09:29:55 pm »
The only ones around here who get time outs are the Trump types. Oh the others get maybe a hour or so. Long enough to have lunch. 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2016, 09:31:04 pm »
Before your time. But it was for anti Trump spamming and insults. Anti Cruz too, of course.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2016, 09:31:34 pm »

Nothing will ever be good enough for will it?

I was told to tone it down, stop posting pics of Mussolini and his adoring fans or any pictures from WWII, had a post edited by a mod and reminded more than once that discussions involving religion are not welcome.

You are free to continue crying about 'unfair treatment' of Trump Believers by the mod staff to your heart's content. 

Not the case.  They have been pretty even-handed in dishing out the discipline, so stop insinuating bias where none exists.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2016, 09:41:06 pm »

Just like your candidate. Can't take being wrong. Well you had your examples already so no point in me going on.

A-Lert

« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2016, 09:43:58 pm »
Nothing will ever be good enough for will it?

I was told to tone it down, stop posting pics of Mussolini and his adoring fans or any pictures from WWII, had a post edited by a mod and reminded more than once that discussions involving religion are not welcome.

You are free to continue crying about 'unfair treatment' of Trump Believers by the mod staff to your heart's content. 

Not the case.  They have been pretty even-handed in dishing out the discipline, so stop insinuating bias where none exists.

So how long were you suspended? Were you told to tone it down privately or here on the forum?

I read that the forum owners asked posters to refrain from making Hitler comparisons, but that certainly hasn't been enforced, has it?

You were told that discussions of religion weren't welcome? That hasn't stopped you, has it? 

A-Lert

« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2016, 09:46:07 pm »
Just like your candidate. Can't take being wrong. Well you had your examples already so no point in me going on.

:boring:

Offline flowers

« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2016, 09:48:20 pm »
"Permit me to respectfully disagree with you."

Disagree with me all you wish, but I am talking about the constantly venomous tone of the anti-Trumpsters and the incredibly nasty things they have said about Trump and even Melania. That sort of thing reminds me very much of Kos and DU as it is completely within the spirit of both those sites.

:patriot: Spot on.