Author Topic: Melania Trump: My husband is 'not Hitler'  (Read 10439 times)

Offline sinkspur

Melania Trump: My husband is 'not Hitler'
« on: May 17, 2016, 08:21:05 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/melania-trump-my-husband-is-not-hitler/article/2591574#.Vzt7JcCxIZp.twitter

By AL WEAVER (@ALWEAVER22) • 5/17/16 3:40 PM

In an extensive interview, Melania Trump defended her husband's repeated calls for a temporary ban on Muslims entering the United States while pushing back against critics who compare him to Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler.

Melania Trump, who gave an interview to DuJour magazine, said in the piece that her husband is "not Hitler," but did say that he needs to make his case for such a ban "in a softer way." She was responding to the comedian Louis C.K., who compared presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump to the Nazi leader.

"No," she said in the interview. "We know the truth. He's not Hitler. He wants to help America. He wants to unite people. They think he doesn't but he does. Even with the Muslims, it's temporary."

"Maybe he needs to say it in a softer way," Trump's wife conceded. "He doesn't go after religions. He feels like we need to know who's coming to this country. If not, we don't have a country. That's how he feels. We see how he is, and he wants to unite the country and bring people together and bring jobs back."

In the past, the former Melania Knauss has said that she doesn't always agree with positions taken by her husband, although she tends to stick to the campaign's talking points.

"Do I agree with him all the time with him? No, I don't," she said when asked by MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski about her husband's cursing. "And I tell him that. I tell him my opinions. I tell him what I think. Sometimes he listens, sometimes he don't."

Trump, who was giving her first interview since she sat down with GQ's Julia Ioffe, also conceded that fans of her and her husband's might have went too far while attacking Ioffe for what they deemed was a hit piece. In the piece, Ioffe dug into Trump's background and ended up incurring the wrath of the presumptive GOP nominee's supporters, who lobbed anti-Semitic attacks in her direction.

"I don't control my fans," she said. "But I don't agree with what they're doing. I understand what you mean, but there are people out there who maybe went too far. She provoked them."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Melania Trump: My husband is 'not Hitler'
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 08:23:09 pm »

Perhaps not.  But we call him Lil' Benito for a legitimate reason.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 08:24:03 pm »
The H-1B eye candy speaks!!

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 08:34:51 pm »

I think it's funny that he's out there dividing the right in waus Obama only dreams of and his surrogates all say he's a uniter.

There are a LOT of very dim bulbs that believe it though so I can't blame them for preying on the weak.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 08:44:30 pm »
Benito Mussolini was not Hitler either. And Benito's who is said to have had dozens of casual lovers and several mistresses, life probably more closely parallels Trump.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 08:47:16 pm »
"I don't control my fans," she said. "But I don't agree with what they're doing. I understand what you mean, but there are people out there who maybe went too far. She provoked them."

Yeah right. Your fans threatened to kill, rape and turn into a lampshade Ioffe because she quoted you in an interview.

Someone should inform this stripper turned concubine that her fans were provoked because the writer is a Jew and her fans are a bunch of Stormfront filth and neo Nazi degenerates.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 09:05:52 pm »
Everything you said is spot on.  They are a vengeful bunch who deserve the comparison.  I still say Trump humself is closer to Mussolini.

I refuse to give him that much credit. He feels more like Nic Maduro, the slovenly bus driver turned President from Venezuela. Donny's policies mirror his as well since they will cause hyperinflation and shortages in goods.

A-Lert

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 09:16:38 pm »

Melania will come to realize that she is going to encounter plenty of irrational and insane neverTrumps.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 09:19:40 pm »

She sets kind of a low bar, doesn't she?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 09:29:48 pm »

Melania will come to realize that she is going to encounter plenty of irrational and insane neverTrumps.

Why don't you go run and try to insult and shame the #neverHillary Bernie Sanders mob into supporting your King Presumptive?

You are obviously wasting time trying convert Conservatives here with that tactic.  We're done with you and your party.  So go - see what you can find out there to try and get your political savior into the White House, because as you mobs for Lil' Benito have said - and Trump himself has said - you don't need us.

So stop trying to shame us into supporting your sovereign.

You are merely furthering our resolve and pushing us into activism against your messiah in November rather than just now in the primary season.

Ask yourselves if you really want to do that.  Because if you do - keep pissing us off and we will continue to campaign against the Nationalist Populist Fascist and the Marxist Communist.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline bilo

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 09:39:36 pm »
I'm not a Trump follower, but I don't see anything wrong with a man's wife trying to support her husband.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

A-Lert

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 09:42:41 pm »
Why don't you go run and try to insult and shame the #neverHillary Bernie Sanders mob into supporting your King Presumptive?

You are obviously wasting time trying convert Conservatives here with that tactic.  We're done with you and your party.  So go - see what you can find out there to try and get your political savior into the White House, because as you mobs for Lil' Benito have said - and Trump himself has said - you don't need us.

So stop trying to shame us into supporting your sovereign.

You are merely furthering our resolve and pushing us into activism against your messiah in November rather than just now in the primary season.

Ask yourselves if you really want to do that.  Because if you do - keep pissing us off and we will continue to campaign against the Nationalist Populist Fascist and the Marxist Communist.

You neverTrumps are beyond hope. You are irrational, spiteful, sore losers. We know you aren't going to vote for Trump. Do you believe repeating it incessantly is going to change rational minds? Get over your holier-than-thou attitude or you can continue to stew in your own poisonous juices. Your choice.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2016, 09:45:40 pm »
She sets kind of a low bar, doesn't she?

She meant tosay, "My husband is not Hitler, he's Santa Claus" -- my Santa Claus.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 09:50:31 pm »
You neverTrumps are beyond hope. You are irrational, spiteful, sore losers. We know you aren't going to vote for Trump. Do you believe repeating it incessantly is going to change rational minds? Get over your holier-than-thou attitude or you can continue to stew in your own poisonous juices. Your choice.
What's it to you? :boring:

I keep imaginging how this might have played out back at Trump Tower:

Trump: Hi Hon, I'm home.
Melina:Hi Donny. There's a Taco bowl on the table for a snack for you.
Trump: Anything happen while I was out today. I really mean that.
Melina: Some reporter called. I told them you weren't Hitler
Trump: Aw thanks, your the best...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 09:50:54 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2016, 10:27:01 pm »

She's just doing work no American woman would do at any price.
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2016, 10:31:31 pm »

That's not the dumb part.  It's when she says, "He wants to unite people. They think he doesn't but he does" that got me laughing out loud.  Sure he wants to unite people.  As long as you're not Muslim.  Or gay.  Or Hispanic.  Or a woman.  Or black.  Other than those he might want to unite you.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 10:33:02 pm »
I'm not a Trump follower, but I don't see anything wrong with a man's wife trying to support her husband.

Nor do I, and I agree that the Hitler comparison was not accurate at all.  But to say he wants to unite people and he's really doing this to help Muslims is flat out ridiculous. 

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2016, 10:33:58 pm »
She's just doing work no American woman would do at any price.

Methinks you forgot about the chorus line of drooling female idiocy performing in shifts back on FR.

Thats OK. I wish I could forget them too.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2016, 10:35:41 pm »
That's not the dumb part.  It's when she says, "He wants to unite people. They think he doesn't but he does" that got me laughing out loud.  Sure he wants to unite people.  As long as you're not Muslim.  Or gay.  Or Hispanic.  Or a woman.  Or black.  Other than those he might want to unite you.

He ain't doing so hot with straight white males either, but the alternative gender crowd seems to love him

Offline bilo

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2016, 10:40:20 pm »
Nor do I, and I agree that the Hitler comparison was not accurate at all.  But to say he wants to unite people and he's really doing this to help Muslims is flat out ridiculous.

I agree Trump is never going to be known as a "uniter".

I don't fault her. She's trying to support her husband and really doesn't have a lot to work with.

I guess we're "old school" treat a lady like a lady.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2016, 10:44:48 pm »
You forgot conservatives. Trump doesn't need or want conservatives.
Principles matter. Words matter.

A-Lert

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2016, 10:50:55 pm »

The neverTrumps spew this mindless crap all the time. Trump employs 22,000 people, women, blacks, Hispanics and people with different religious beliefs. Everyone keeps saying actions speak louder than words, but for neverTrumps apparently it doesn't hold true for Trump.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2016, 10:58:25 pm »
You forgot conservatives. Trump doesn't need or want conservatives.
Trump already has conservatives, its the Cruz disciples that are being jerks claiming they are the only true conservatives.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2016, 11:09:05 pm »
You neverTrumps are beyond hope.

Yes, we are beyond your hope that we will surrender our principles to vote for your Lil' Benito.

You are irrational, spiteful, sore losers.

And you are irrational, spiteful, sore "winners" for your king.  I'm still reading Trump Believers bashing Cruz as Satan, Mark Levin as a traitorous Jew, those of us who refuse to bend the knee as Communists etc.

We know you aren't going to vote for Trump.

Then you and yours go your way and stop making every effort to flick our noses, call us traitors, Hillary supporters and worse.  Better get busy and make pals with the Bernie supporters that agree with you and Trump about Protectionism and tariffs and punishment for private companies that do not operate where you guys think they should be allowed to operate.   You're gonna need their support, because you will not have ours.

But if you want to make us your enemy and push us to work against your King Presumptive as hard as we do the Mao Pantsuit in the General - keep it up.

Do you believe repeating it incessantly is going to change rational minds?

Ask yourself the same question.

Get over your holier-than-thou attitude or you can continue to stew in your own poisonous juices.

And right there is the crux of what really galls you.  You absolutely HATE anyone daring to stand on principles or morality that challenges your faith in a Northeastern Liberal that you insist is the salvation of the country.  You would bite a chunk out of our flesh in rage if you could for our repeated statement of principles which you despise with all of your being, because we will not surrender them to support a demagogue you want for king.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2016, 11:15:47 pm »
"Trump already has conservatives."

Nope. Conservatives support candidates with conservative values and who behave in a principled manner. Trump has no values and is highly unprincipled. His behavior is reprehensible.
Principles matter. Words matter.