Author Topic: IRS Chief: “Trump Is A Liar, We Audited Him Because His Taxes Are Highly Suspicious”  (Read 3505 times)

Offline Mechanicos

IRS Chief: “Trump Is A Liar, We Audited Him Because His Taxes Are Highly Suspicious”

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump alleged he has been audited year after year by the IRS since president Obama’s election because he is a good Christian.

This was his sad attempt at a comeback to Republican presidential candidates Sens. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Marco Rubio (R-FL) during Thursday’s debate in which they called out Trump for not releasing his tax forms to the public. Mitt Romney, the unsuccessful Republican presidential candidate, claimed Trump’s taxes held a “bombshell.” Trump gave another sad (and untrue) response alleging he could not release his documents while under audit by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

IRS Chief John Koskinen explained in an interview with C-SPAN, “The taxpayer controls his returns. There’s nothing in an IRS audit process generally that would keep you from sharing that information generally, any way you wanted to.”

Koskinen further stated, “It would be rare for someone to be audited every year,” and that someone would not undergo another audit for a few years, “two or three at least,” after IRS audit the previous year.

“It would be rare,” Koskinen stated.

Trump is once again playing the fears and paranoia of religious and conservative Americans who do not trust the IRS or the current administration. Many were upset when the IRS investigated the Tea Party and claimed bias, and believe their religious beliefs have been under attack during most of Obama’s administration. Trump knew if he played the religious discrimination card, he could rile religious extremists.

“We don’t care who you are,” stated Koskinen, “Whether you go to church, or don’t go to church.” Koskinen explained audits occur when something pops up in your tax returns they find suspicious. It’s basically all about the numbers. Party or religious affiliation is not part of any IRS audit red flag, according to Koskinen.

Trump is getting audited year after year because he is suspected of hiding income and not paying his taxes properly, not because he is a “Christain.” If he cannot handle his personal business and then boldly lies about it, one wonders what would happen to the state of America’s finances in his hands, not to mention the ridiculous stories and attempted cover ups Trump would undoubtedly spew through interviews.

http://www.greenvillegazette.com/r/irs-chief-trump-is-a-liar-we-audited-him-because-his-taxes-are-highly-suspicious-118390/

:bs:
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mechanicos

#neverTrump to take the side of the IRS in 3... 2... 1...
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Mechanicos

geronl

If Trump pays $0 taxes, his supporters will justify it.

Offline GrouchoTex

The IRS is part of the new banana republic our country has become.
Lois Lerner should be in jail, and would have been, in a different time.
Since you are just trying to stir it up to see if we who aren't fond of Trump will bite, I won't do it.
The IRS is out of control and should be abolished.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
The headline does not match what Koskinen actually stated, that is the conclusion of the author.  Did you watch the YouTube embedded at the end of the article?
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Read the title and then read the article  - - - nowhere does the IRS chief call Trump a liar.  Nowhere.

Now I'll go and make way for the #neverTrump#alwaysHillary frenzy.   :seeya:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Naaa.. this is kind of like if Justin Bieber and Kim Kardashian get in a fight. No need to take sides, just sit back and enjoy the show. Two corrupt entities beating up on each other.

Offline RedHead

He could solve it all in a single day.  If he's been audited time after time after time as he claims then release his past tax returns.  If past audits have resulted in no evidence of wrong-doing, or if the findings were minor corrects resulting from honest difference, then he can show us all that the IRS is on a witch hunt and past investigations have found no evidence of any improper actions on his part.

But he isn't going to release his tax returns, is he?

Offline RedHead

The headline does not match what Koskinen actually stated, that is the conclusion of the author.  Did you watch the YouTube embedded at the end of the article?

You expect Trump minions to read the articles?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I'm not a Trump acolyte by any means, but…  I wouldn't trust anything that jerk Koskinen asserted given his role in using the IRS to attack every enemy the Obama regime set them loose on.

Conservatives should remember that the IRS is simply a Gestapo agency, and destroying people is it's main function.

There are many other legitimate things to look at in terms of discounting support for Trump - but THIS 'aint one of them.

If Trump was smart - which he is not - this is his open-door to bring the IRS scandal to the front burner of everyone's attention and the GOP's cuckholded position in regards to holding them in contempt and accountable rather than giving Lerner a free pass.   But because making this scandal a major issue serves to help Conservatives, I would bet 1000 to 1 that Trump doesn't make this an issue.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Hoodat

It is highly unethical for John Koskinen to comment on anyone's tax status.  His statements alone disqualify him for the job.  He should resign now.

I hate to be in the position of defending Trump, but public speculation of his tax situation is not something the IRS should be engaging in, especially considering that they have firsthand knowledge of that situation.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Au contraire, mon frere.  Keep in mind which Presidential candidate proposed abolishing the IRS.  (Hint:  It wasn't Donald Trump)
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

IRS Chief: “Trump Is A Liar, We Audited Him Because His Taxes Are Highly Suspicious”

I have no reason to trust Trump.

I DO have reason to mistrust the IRS.

This one goes to Trump...

...for now.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
It is highly unethical for John Koskinen to comment on anyone's tax status.  His statements alone disqualify him for the job.  He should resign now.

I hate to be in the position of defending Trump, but public speculation of his tax situation is not something the IRS should be engaging in, especially considering that they have firsthand knowledge of that situation.

I hate to be in the position of defending Koskinen or the IRS but he didn’t call Trump a “liar”, didn’t say Trump’s tax returns were “suspicious” and would not comment directly on Trump’s taxes, only made some general statements on audits in general. It was the author of the article who came to that conclusion and the poorly written article and sloppy use of quotation marks made it sound like Koskinen said those things.

Here is the video embedded in the article.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkJcev8dmvI&feature=youtu.be
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Oceander

In never.  If the IRS commissioner actually said these things he just handed his head to Trump on a silver platter and I would love to see Trump go after him. Suing the IRS is one place I can see Trump being useful.

That being said, the IRS guy didn't say what the headline says he did.  He spoke in broad generalities.  It's the author of the article who made the statements he attributed to the IRS guy and that's a bit disingenuous. 

Oceander

I hate to be in the position of defending Koskinen or the IRS but he didn’t call Trump a “liar”, didn’t say Trump’s tax returns were “suspicious” and would not comment directly on Trump’s taxes, only made some general statements on audits in general. It was the author of the article who came to that conclusion and the poorly written article and sloppy use of quotation marks made it sound like Koskinen said those things.

Here is the video embedded in the article.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkJcev8dmvI&feature=youtu.be

Exactly. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
One thing to point out about the accusations of this just being political, Trump has been audited 12 years in a row by his own admission.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-tax-audited-12-years-in-a-row-161055545.html

In other words, he was audited under the Bush administration while he was still identifying as a Democrat and in the early years of the Obama administration when he was praising O and Hillary.

So if the audits are political, it is a bipartisan witch hunt even by administrations he was praising at the time.
or...
More likely, maybe he does have suspicious/red flag tax returns.

Offline Frank Cannon

In related news....

Trump changes tune on tax hikes for wealthy Americans

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-idUSKCN0XZ0I3

U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said on Sunday he was open to raising taxes on the rich, backing off his prior proposal to reduce taxes on all Americans and breaking with one of his party's core policies dating back to the 1990s.

"I am willing to pay more, and you know what, the wealthy are willing to pay more," Trump told ABC's "This Week."

Trump loves him some IRS. Any argument otherwise is moot since he wants to use them to raise revenues on the backs of the motivated.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
IF (capital letters) the infernal revenue service had maintained it's position as a "necessary evil" I'd still be pissed because you don't talk about specific cases to reporters. It's both unethical and illegal.

As it is though, with the IRS being nothing more than presidential muscle - they say it's sunny, I open an umbrella. So, yeah. Go get 'em, Trump.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Henry Noel

But he isn't going to release his tax returns, is he?

Not unless Hillary starts sinking in the polls.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Fantom

Naaa.. this is kind of like if Justin Bieber and Kim Kardashian get in a fight. No need to take sides, just sit back and enjoy the show. Two corrupt entities beating up on each other.

Truth, there it is.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Mechanicos

Do you consider an apology to be sufficient?
Oh hell no I do not. Should be at minimum prison time. flogging in the public square works too. 

Offline Mechanicos

Read the title and then read the article  - - - nowhere does the IRS chief call Trump a liar.  Nowhere.

Now I'll go and make way for the #neverTrump#alwaysHillary frenzy.   :seeya:
Meh, I used the title from one site and the supposed full video from FR ...