Author Topic: BREAKING UPDATE: Nebraska Republicans PASS RESOLUTION to Reprimand #NeverTrump Senator Ben Sasse  (Read 8941 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Yeah, that'll do it. Nothing more beloved than a sore loser.
Nothing will please the Trump base other than blind fealty to Darth Combover, so I'm not going to lose sleep over it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Ben Sasse should immediately resign his Republican party alliance and declare himself a member of the Constitution Party. That would be one less vote the GOPe has in the Senate.  Three more and McConnell would loose his cushy elite status.

That's an interesting point.  Say, Rand Paul, Mike Lee and maybe a Vitter or Lankford.  Sure could make things interesting.

A-Lert

Nothing will please the Trump base other than blind fealty to Darth Combover, so I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Blind fealty? That is the home of neverTrumps. They are the posters here who don't tolerate a difference in opinion.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Yeah, that'll do it. Nothing more beloved than a sore loser.
If you would contribute more constructively instead of denigrating every that has principles for not supporting Trump, maybe, JUST maybe, you would get more respect and would have a decent conversation for a change.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline roamer_1

Seems majority of Republicans are saying #neverTrump is #alwaysHillary.

Since when have principled Conservatives followed a majority?
Since when have principled Conservatives been told what to think?

There is a reason why they are likened to 'herding cats'.

All of us go our own way.

Offline RetBobbyMI

That's an interesting point.  Say, Rand Paul, Mike Lee and maybe a Vitter or Lankford.  Sure could make things interesting.
Not sure Rand Paul would fit exactly within the Conservative party, but ok. It would only take 5 conservative party members in Senate to deny McConnell or Schemer leadership of the body. They would have much more power and principles than the Gang of Eight ever thought about having.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline roamer_1

You're killing what remains of the Constitution in your misplaced zealotry and idolatry of a man you have convinced yourselves is some kind of political messiah.

BOOM!

Exactly true.

A-Lert

If you would contribute more constructively instead of denigrating every that has principles for not supporting Trump, maybe, JUST maybe, you would get more respect and would have a decent conversation for a change.

Contribute to what? Falling in line with the neverTrump cultists who denigrate everyone who isn't antiTrump? Why would I want the respect of people who are ideologues,  whiners, sore losers and denigrating critics. The same  people who state that I have no principles because I don't hate and ridicule the person who is the presumptive opponent of Hillary Clinton.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Not sure Rand Paul would fit exactly within the Conservative party, but ok. It would only take 5 conservative party members in Senate to deny McConnell or Schemer leadership of the body. They would have much more power and principles than the Gang of Eight ever thought about having.

He ranks very highly on conservative ratings.  And, yes, they could actually be a force to be reckoned with.

Offline Fantom

I'm no RAT, and I have been Anti-Trump for oh... I'd say right around 4-5 months. His behavior and how he has conducted himself along with a complete lack of substance or moral guidance is what disqualifies him to be President of the United States.

How ANYONE could possibly lend their name to him, I do not have ANY idea...

Amen...:hands: :hands:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

A-Lert

The problem is, now both your side and the Hillary supporters are the enemy.

So you are now calling members of the US military  the enemy? You are standing on very thin ice.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
So you are now calling members of the US military  the enemy? You are standing on very thin ice.
Bowe Bergdahl and Bradley (now Chelsea) Manning were members of the U.S. military, too.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Ben Sasse should immediately resign his Republican party alliance and declare himself a member of the Constitution Party. That would be one less vote the GOPe has in the Senate.  Three more and McConnell would loose his cushy elite status.
So that is your plan? Your proposal? Your choice?

Hand over the control to the democrats?

What other clever thoughts roll around your mind?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Bowe Bergdahl and Bradley (now Chelsea) Manning were members of the U.S. military, too.

So is the majority of the Brass and the Joint Chiefs who have gone along with every single despotic and damaging thing Obama has done to the military and the country.

Military endorsements do not impress anymore.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

The overwhelming majority of our military are winners, and deserve our respect. Smearing them all, with a couple of misfits is disrespectful to the max.

You sure are a "glass is half empty" type aren't you?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RetBobbyMI

So that is your plan? Your proposal? Your choice?

Hand over the control to the democrats?

What other clever thoughts roll around your mind?
So how is denying the GOPe a 51 seat majority a majority for the DemRats? NEITHER will have a majority (51 seats), hence the constitutionalists will have to be dealt with by both parties, unless they REALLY become the "uniparty".

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The overwhelming majority of our military are winners, and deserve our respect. Smearing them all, with a couple of misfits is disrespectful to the max.

You sure are a "glass is half empty" type aren't you?
I'm not the one lumping them all together—quite the opposite. I don't believe in protected classes whose word should be revered above all else, unlike Mr. Bandwagon here.

A-Lert

Two out of 1,400,000 active members? So the remainder are the enemy? Or are the two you named your comrades?

A-Lert

I'm not the one lumping them all together—quite the opposite. I don't believe in protected classes whose word should be revered above all else, unlike Mr. Bandwagon here.

BS! Quote from: jmyrlefuller on May 15, 2016, 12:35:59 PM

The problem is, now both your side and the Hillary supporters are the enemy

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
So is the majority of the Brass and the Joint Chiefs who have gone along with every single despotic and damaging thing Obama has done to the military and the country.

Military endorsements do not impress anymore.

As have we.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
BS! Quote from: jmyrlefuller on May 15, 2016, 12:35:59 PM

The problem is, now both your side and the Hillary supporters are the enemy
Where am I revering anyone's word above anyone else in that sentence?

A-Lert

Where am I revering anyone's word above anyone else in that sentence?

Don't try changing the subject. Yes, you did lump them all together.

Quote from: jmyrlefuller on Today at 06:00:16 PM

I'm not the one lumping them all together.........now both your side and the Hillary supporters are the enemy.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Blind fealty? That is the home of neverTrumps. They are the posters here who don't tolerate a difference in opinion.

Aw how clever. Nice try though. The Trump campaign is speaking to a national audience, TBR is just one forum on the web. We're not the bad guys because we won't let Trump run us over.

You know, that two wolves and a lamb voting for dinner thing.
The Republic is lost.

A-Lert

We're not the bad guys because we won't let Trump run us over.

:odrama:  :silly:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
:odrama:  :silly:

Oh no, you're posting cartoons again. You seemed to run out of clever things to say.

Juvenile thinking gets behind fast when facts and logic get used.

The Republic is lost.