Author Topic: BREAKING UPDATE: Nebraska Republicans PASS RESOLUTION to Reprimand #NeverTrump Senator Ben Sasse  (Read 8879 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Delusional  :bsflag:

You're the cadre of True believers who have convinced yourselves and publicly state that Trump is going to save the nation.

Yet you call us delusional.

Project much?

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump
Its called common Sense. Your social conservatism is dead without a country. Trump is about saving the country. Without a border, stopping the rapid cultural dilution and stopping economic destruction you have NOTHING to be all high and mighty about. Its Forest vs Trees. Trump is about conserving America.

You have it backwards. There is no country without principles. Principles mean more than this landmass and everything in it.  Anything else is just the politics of saving one's own ass. And that, is the forest Trump supporters have set on fire. It makes Alberta look like a backyard BBQ.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 04:48:49 am by The Jackal »

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
The more I see of Ben Sasse, the more I think he is better presidential
material than anything the Republican'ts and the Damnocrats have burped up.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

A-Lert

[quothttp://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=post;quote=881347;topic=206665.50#e author=INVAR link=topic=206665.msg881347#msg881347 date=1463287502]
You're the cadre of True believers who have convinced yourselves and publicly state that Trump is going to save the nation.

[/quote]

More delusional  :bs: I've never once claimed or stated that Trump is going to save the nation. Cut the crap. Your ridiculous allegations make you look unbalanced.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
More delusional  :bs: I've never once claimed or stated that Trump is going to save the nation. Cut the crap. Your ridiculous allegations make you look unbalanced.

Quote from: Mechanicos on May 14, 2016, 10:56:59 PM
Trump is about saving the country.

Right.  Ridiculous allegation.

Baghdad Bob much?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 05:17:54 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

A-Lert

Right.  Ridiculous allegation.

Baghdad Bob much?

You need to stop your Baghdad Bob act.

Offline RetBobbyMI

If Ben Sasse, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, and at least one or two others would band together, they could change the direction of the US Senate. They could deny for example Mitch McCookoo the Majority Leader because no one would have a 51 Seat majority. They would have more power than the so called Gang of Eight because they are principled conservatives.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

geronl

In effect, Ben Sasse is supporting Hillary Clinton.

This article fails any journalistic standard.

Bill Cipher

[quothttp://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=post;quote=881347;topic=206665.50#e author=INVAR link=topic=206665.msg881347#msg881347 date=1463287502]

More denial from someone who worships at the Church of Donnie. 

geronl

We have all the proof we need to know for a fact that the GOP really is the Stupid Party

Roscoe Proudfoot

As far as I'm concerned this is just another nail in the coffin of the republican party. A month ago I thought I was going to vote third party for president and republican down ticket. Now I have decided to completely abandon the republicans. At the very least they would need to get rid of McCain before I would even consider voting for any party member. And now they are going to have to discipline their Nebraskan contingent as well.

Frankly, the party can drop dead as far as I'm concerned. Whatever replaces it will almost certainly be better. And less cowardly.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

We have all the proof we need to know for a fact that the GOP really is the Stupid Party

Yup.  And I'm reading more and more proof of that every day right here from the neverTrumps.   

Bill Cipher

Yup.  And I'm reading more and more proof of that every day right here from the neverTrumps.   

:bigsilly:

:bigsilly:

Ah.... more deep thoughts from the neverTrump fringe. 

Offline RetBobbyMI

The neverTrumps? :silly: The GOP, the party of Romney, McCain, McConnell, etc.  And now Trump? Talk about stupid.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline MajorClay

Trump will win a landslide victory over the demonrat candidate, with or without the neverTrumps. Only fools and commies would ever vote for Hillary or Bernie. If they ever become a majority, the USA is finished.

You said it. With or without me.  Don't blame me in November.

You said it. With or without me.  Don't blame me in November.

I will.  You are aiding and abetting the enemy.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 02:02:40 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline bilo

Don't know enough about him yet. What little I do know I like. It will be telling how he responds to this pressure to "fall in line".
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Frankly, the party can drop dead as far as I'm concerned. Whatever replaces it will almost certainly be better. And less cowardly.

I think the issue we aren't confronting is a majority of the Pub party has rejected conservatism in favor of a nationalistic big govt view.

If conservatives leave can they get elected and be a key independent swing vote?

Offline bilo

I realize as a Trump supporter it's irritating that others aren't just falling in line. However, I'm sure you have principals that you are not willing to abandon. I do as well. I'm Pro-Life. I'm pro natural-marriage. I'm pro limited govt. I won't abandon these principals to support someone I'm convinced is a NY liberal who embraces NY values when confronted with social issues, or issues of governance.

The Pub party has made it clear that my views at best are a minority view and expect me to sit down and shut up. Just like obama's coronation we were told he won we lost so be quiet and do what he says. I wouldn't give up my principals then. I won't give up my principals now.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 02:16:17 pm by bilo »

Offline RetBobbyMI

If conservatives leave can they get elected and be a key independent swing vote?
I say yes and ought to. Both existing parties (DemRats and Pubies) have moved so far left, that there is a huge void that is ripe for the picking. The Conservative Party is the only one currently organized to do that, even though they still have a mountain to climb. However, they are already on the ballot in about a third of the states, some very important swing states. If enough conservatives abandoned the false hope of the two parties, they could join forces and have a real impact.

Offline bilo

I say yes and ought to. Both existing parties (DemRats and Pubies) have moved so far left, that there is a huge void that is ripe for the picking. The Conservative Party is the only one currently organized to do that, even though they still have a mountain to climb. However, they are already on the ballot in about a third of the states, some very important swing states. If enough conservatives abandoned the false hope of the two parties, they could join forces and have a real impact.

It may be the only alternative we have left, but the Pubs and Rats have embraced big govt with no respect for social issues or matters of individual liberty wouldn't they just support each other on key issues?

In order for a truly independent group of unaffiliated conservatives to wield really power the other two parties have to be at odds on most issues. 

Offline RetBobbyMI

It may be the only alternative we have left, but the Pubs and Rats have embraced big govt with no respect for social issues or matters of individual liberty wouldn't they just support each other on key issues?

In order for a truly independent group of unaffiliated conservatives to wield really power the other two parties have to be at odds on most issues.
Fully agree. The only thing Trump said about the bathroom insanity, is leave it to the states. While I agree it is a state issue, he said nothing about how he feels about the issue. What is he hiding? As for other GOPe leaders, what have they to say? Crickets!

geronl

I think the issue we aren't confronting is a majority of the Pub party has rejected conservatism in favor of a nationalistic big govt view.

If the first line is fact, then the conservatives MUST leave.

Offline RetBobbyMI

It'd be a shame to abandon a party that's been around for more than 150 years just because strange political winds put a numbskull in the top position for one election.  A majority -- or at least a strong plurality -- have been temporarily suckered by a huckster.  He won't be around forever, and a great many of the "Trump Realists" will still be with the party when he's gone.
The problem with that reasoning is that is isn't just temporary.  The GOP has a trend of picking losers (McCain, Romney, now Trump) who don't represent the values the GOP has had traditionally.  The party has moved to the left, abandoning those of us who valued what the GOP once stood for.  So it is the GOP who abandoned us, not the other way around.