Author Topic: Trump: Everything I say now is a suggestion  (Read 9974 times)

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: Trump: Everything I say now is a suggestion
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2016, 05:22:50 pm »
Funny, $neverTrump promised to oppose Trumps Platform. So in real world until he can negotiate them to get on board they are just his wanting them not law. Common sense people Just like Cruz's platform was nothing more then his suggestionsof what he wanted. Until they become law they they are stated goals not things that have happened yet.

I know you can see the difference.

Trump didn't come out and say things like "I will sign into law, the building of a wall, should congress send me such a bill", or "I suggest that will build a wall to stop illegal immigration, and I will ask Congress'  for their support for this".

Nope.

It was "We are going to build a wall. Believe me, we will build a great wall. No one can build a wall like I can, nobody".

Parsing the word "suggestion" is just hilarious to me now.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 05:34:28 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2016, 05:28:09 pm »
Damn!  You're old.  So am I.  I remember Red and Klem Kadiddlehopper.

I'm not that old. My Grandfather had good taste in humor and got me started hooked on Red Skelton.

Red was a real classic and a class act. They don't make them like that any more.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline r9etb

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2016, 05:33:13 pm »
The Trump presidency in 1000 words:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2016, 05:45:29 pm »
Trump is a clown who is in far over his head. Wonder how his adoring fans feel about this?  **nononono*

What word would you prefer he use?   Would you prefer "proposal" instead of "suggestion"?  How about "strategy"?  "Order?"

Just what has you so upset? 

Or are you doing what pro-Hillary folks do best:  just spreading the hate?

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2016, 05:54:49 pm »
What word would you prefer he use?   Would you prefer "proposal" instead of "suggestion"?  How about "strategy"?  "Order?"

Policy, plan, program, promise, principle, philosophy - English contains a lot of good words.

"Pro Hillary" is just as insulting and inflammatory as Nazi references. Please stop.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 06:41:25 pm by don-o »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2016, 06:05:08 pm »

You forgot the limiting factor, the word just

Just
adverb
1.exactly.
2.very recently; in the immediate past.
3.barely; by a little.
4.simply; only; no more than.
5.expressing agreement.

Given the context we are dealing with either definitions 4.
Suggestion
Noun
an idea or plan put forward for consideration.

By his own words: Everything trump says is: simply; only, or no more than an idea of plan put forward for consideration.

It's just another way of him saying that it's all negotiable.

How can we have any faith in the man’s actions of beliefs when he is president if everything he says is simply being put forth for consideration and not a reflection of genuine belief?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 06:06:02 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2016, 06:12:55 pm »
"Pro Hillary" is just as insulting and inflammatory as Nazi references. Please stop.

No it's not.  I cannot believe how you dismiss and diminish "Nazi reference".  It's disturbing.

As to "pro-Hillary"--well, in all candor I see a lot a new posters who were, if the drama is to be believed, all thrown off another site.

After reading the posts by these new-comers--damn near all of them--I wonder more and more often if y'all weren't thrown off the other site because you were democrat  pro-Hillary trolls.   :shrug:

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2016, 06:13:28 pm »

President Donald Trump, Suh-jester in Chief. Can't wait.  :facepalm2:
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2016, 06:18:25 pm »

After reading the posts by these new-comers--damn near all of them--I wonder more and more often if y'all weren't thrown off the other site because you were democrat  pro-Hillary trolls.   :shrug:

Right.  Because most of us spent nearly twenty years on TOS because we were pro-Hillary trolls. :boring:
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2016, 06:20:20 pm »
No it's not.  I cannot believe how you dismiss and diminish "Nazi reference".  It's disturbing.

As to "pro-Hillary"--well, in all candor I see a lot a new posters who were, if the drama is to be believed, all thrown off another site.

That statement is about as sharp as a bowling ball.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2016, 06:23:31 pm »

"I feel strongly we have to do something about when you look at radical Islamic terrorism, we have a president that as you folks know very well, we have a president who won't use the term for the World Trade Center, he won't use the term. And we have to do something. And you're not going to do something about it until you know what the problem is," Trump said.

"Feel strongly?"  Or "strongly suggest?"

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2016, 06:25:19 pm »
Right.  Because most of us spent nearly twenty years on TOS because we were pro-Hillary trolls. :boring:

I have no idea who you are or what you've done for the past 20 years.  I just know a large group of you have joined this family all preaching that Hillary would be better than Trump and sitting out the election is the moral thing to do.

It just doesn't feel like a coincidence to me.   :shrug:

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2016, 06:26:01 pm »
That statement is about as sharp as a bowling ball.

I must have hit a nerve.   :smokin:

Offline RedHead

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2016, 06:26:59 pm »
$neverTrump needs to get some common sense. Trump is not the President, nor is he guaranteed to win the election. So yes its HIS suggestion and Goal but if hes not elected it will only be a suggestion. That's all it is at THIS time. In the Future it will be action, but for now its not.

OK so then what you are saying is that Trump has no positions.  No policies he is planning to implement.  No principles that he stands for.  No platform he is going to run on.  Just "suggestions".  And if they don't go anywhere then eh, the were just suggestions. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2016, 06:27:53 pm »

The dopeyness astounds.............
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2016, 06:30:05 pm »

I have no idea who you are or what you've done for the past 20 years.  I just know a large group of you have joined this family all preaching that Hillary would be better than Trump and sitting out the election is the moral thing to do.

They're people of conscience who will not vote for Trump.

Every one is a reasonable person. 

Sitting out the election IS the moral thing to do if you can't support a thuggishly immoral human being.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2016, 06:30:18 pm »
The dopeyness astounds.............

THAT's it?  That's all you have to say? 

Why did you bother?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2016, 06:30:27 pm »

What word he uses to deflect his continuous change of stance on the issues is irrelevant.  What is relevant is as soon as he became the GOP presumptive nominee .. he continues to change what got him elected. For those who can't comprehend this and see this as there is absolutely nothing to indicate he has any core values OR most importantly will do what he says he'll do ... is incomprehensible.  To continue to support him is just pure insanity!

Open your eyes.  Trump is in this to divide/destroy the GOP and to hand Hillary the White House.  That's exactly what he is accomplishing.

#NeverTrump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2016, 06:33:56 pm »

Show me this *preaching* on this board where any refugees have said that Hildabeast is better than Trump?

Sitting out the election and/or only voting down ticket, if that comports with their Conservative principles - who the hell are you to denounce and declare them supporters of the Mao Pantsuit?

We've had those threats and accusations from rabid Party Hacks since Dole pal.  They don't intimidate or move us any more.

If you want to vote for a Populist Fascist who has repeatedly said he will change into anything he wants to while promising punishment for private businesses that operate overseas, that is your prerogative.  Most of us do not find much difference between that and a Marxist Communist.

Vote the way you want, but stop telling us what we have to do with our vote.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online ScottinVA

« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2016, 06:41:13 pm »
"Everything I say now is a suggestion"

Said no serious leader.. EVER.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2016, 06:45:31 pm »
"Everything I say now is a suggestion"

Said no serious leader.. EVER.

All Hail to the Suggester in Chief        LMAO
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Relic

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2016, 06:45:50 pm »
They're people of conscience who will not vote for Trump.

Every one is a reasonable person. 

Sitting out the election IS the moral thing to do if you can't support a thuggishly immoral human being.

My favorite radio talker is Dennis Prager. Dennis Prager will vote for Trump.

Are you saying Dennis Prager is a man with no conscience and unreasonable?

Online ScottinVA

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2016, 06:48:21 pm »
What word would you prefer he use?   

How about expressing an actual vision for the country?  That'd be a great start.  Trump likely doesn't have that within his mental capacities, but let's at least see him give it his best shot.  Doesn't matter WHO you support, but shouting "we gotta do this/that" bromides, then softening up with "they're just suggestions" are not the acts of leaders.  It sounds more like he's thrashing around trying (quite clumsily) to find some stumbling way to walk back his earlier pronouncements.

And how about giving that "hate" comparison a rest?  That's a standard hallmark of a squawking liberal.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2016, 06:48:34 pm »

:silly:

This is the latest propaganda from the Trump camp.
Those of us who think Trump should stick to policies based on Principles (should he eventually manifest some principles) are all actually closet democrats, and have been so all along.
We are only finding fault with Trump to have our ultimate goal realized, Hillary 2016.

On a serious note:
We have a 1st amendment right to point this out and a civic duty to let people know we think this is wrong, as we would with any and all candidates, asking us for our votes.
As naive as this may sound, my ultimate hope is that someone in the Trump camp may actually listen to the concerns of the base, and do something to "right" the ship before the SS Hillary beats it to the shores of the Potomac.