Author Topic: Trump: Everything I say now is a suggestion  (Read 9973 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump: Everything I say now is a suggestion
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2016, 06:48:56 pm »
My favorite radio talker is Dennis Prager. Dennis Prager will vote for Trump.

Are you saying Dennis Prager is a man with no conscience and unreasonable?

He is misguided.  He buys into the "anybody but Hillary" tripe. 

I am adamantly against Hillary but I cannot vote for Trump.  But, he says he doesn't need me, so that makes me feel better.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Relic

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2016, 06:52:46 pm »

I have no idea who you are or what you've done for the past 20 years.  I just know a large group of you have joined this family all preaching that Hillary would be better than Trump and sitting out the election is the moral thing to do.

It just doesn't feel like a coincidence to me.   :shrug:

This is what I know about the new wave of posters, in general. They seem to harbor some anger and emotional unrest over what happened at FR. They seem to channel that anger into their zeal to cast Trump, his supporters and anyone that would even consider voting for him as unsavory humans lacking even the basic tenets of a civilized human.

I can't even comprehend the line of thought that says Hillary is the same as Trump.

As much as I dislike Trump, I still plan to vote for him. And those folks make me pray that he gets elected so I can read their weepy posts.

Offline Relic

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2016, 06:53:25 pm »
He is misguided.  He buys into the "anybody but Hillary" tripe. 

I am adamantly against Hillary but I cannot vote for Trump.  But, he says he doesn't need me, so that makes me feel better.

So, you're a much better, and clearer thinker than Dennis Prager?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2016, 07:09:57 pm »

I can't even comprehend the line of thought that says Hillary is the same as Trump.

Because I might suggest, you are not listening carefully to what Trump and his campaign has actually said and wrote, is saying and writing and restating and rewriting?

Let me clarify:  some of us see what we will be presented with in November as a choice between Nationalist Populist Fascism or Marxist Communism.  The reason we state there is no difference between The Mao Pantsuit and Lil' Benito is because they both have offered varying degrees of oppressive Statism as integral to their platform and both Liberty and the Constitution are threatened equally by both of them.

ie:; Trump has threatened Apple and other companies that operate overseas with punitive measures - Hildabeast has threatened gun manufacturers with punitive measures, the consequences and results of both are exactly the same - albeit for different stated reasons.  Liberty and private property are equally destroyed.

Now, you may not think so - but some of us unfortunate souls who have studied history recognize what we are looking at, and see no difference in the threat to us from either of them.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 07:13:18 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Relic

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2016, 07:20:39 pm »
Because I might suggest, you are not listening carefully to what Trump and his campaign has actually said and wrote, is saying and writing and restating and rewriting?

Let me clarify:  some of us see what we will be presented with in November as a choice between Nationalist Populist Fascism or Marxist Communism.  The reason we state there is no difference between The Mao Pantsuit and Lil' Benito is because they both have offered varying degrees of oppressive Statism as integral to their platform and both Liberty and the Constitution are threatened equally by both of them.

ie:; Trump has threatened Apple and other companies that operate overseas with punitive measures - Hildabeast has threatened gun manufacturers with punitive measures, the consequences and results of both are exactly the same - albeit for different stated reasons.  Liberty and private property are equally destroyed.

Now, you may not think so - but some of us unfortunate souls who have studied history recognize what we are looking at, and see no difference in the threat to us from either of them.

You're right, I limit my intake of "Trump is bad" because some of it comes from dubious sources, some of it is old and unreliable. Some of it is absolutely true, with associated video evidence.

I maintain that Trump is a quantity that will be controlled. A Republican Congress would rein him in because they don't want damage to their brand. A Democrat Congress would rein him in because he is the enemy. Conversely, I think a Republican Congress would capitulate to the first female president, and a Democrat Congress would be a rubber stamp.

I see references to how Trump abuse power as president, right next to the statements about how he'll get crushed in the general, and didn't get that much support in the primaries. It's like when the liberals would tell us how stupid GWB was, but then complain of the complex conspiracies he was responsible for.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2016, 07:26:46 pm »
Be honest.  If Obama had acted like this, would you not have been all over him for the ridiculousness?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2016, 08:46:09 pm »
Is Dennis Prager smarter than Thomas Sowell or Mark Levin? Men have to make their own decisions and stand on their own principles, whatever they may be. Otherwise they are not men. 
****sheep****
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2016, 08:49:12 pm »
No it's not.  I cannot believe how you dismiss and diminish "Nazi reference".  It's disturbing.

As to "pro-Hillary"--well, in all candor I see a lot a new posters who were, if the drama is to be believed, all thrown off another site.

After reading the posts by these new-comers--damn near all of them--I wonder more and more often if y'all weren't thrown off the other site because you were democrat  pro-Hillary trolls.   :shrug:

Many of us from TOS were NOT thrown off that board and are still in good standing there.  We simply came here because it promised the opportunity for discussion without name calling, personal attacks, curse words and intolerance of differences in opinion.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Relic

« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2016, 08:51:17 pm »
Is Dennis Prager smarter than Thomas Sowell or Mark Levin? Men have to make their own decisions and stand on their own principles, whatever they may be. Otherwise they are not men. 
****sheep****

Yes indeed. That was a stupid question by me. I'd just like to see some respect for people who will vote for Trump.

geronl

« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2016, 08:55:07 pm »
and sitting out the election is the moral thing to do.

The moral thing to do is not vote for the pimp or the harridan

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2016, 08:56:51 pm »
Many of us from TOS were NOT thrown off that board and are still in good standing there.  We simply came here because it promised the opportunity for discussion without name calling, personal attacks, curse words and intolerance of differences in opinion.
:amen:
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2016, 08:58:49 pm »
Yes indeed. That was a stupid question by me. I'd just like to see some respect for people who will vote for Trump.

Give some, and get some.

The debate is still going to be hot because the arguments are centering on core principles versus pragmatism and the zeal to win a sporting event.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

geronl

« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2016, 08:59:28 pm »

I maintain that Trump is a quantity that will be controlled. A Republican Congress would rein him in because they don't want damage to their brand.

There is much evidence to the contrary. They've done little to nothing to stop Obama, they will do whatever a "Republican" "suggests".

I will never support the pimp

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2016, 09:00:07 pm »

I see what you did there. 

Prager is a clear thinker for himself; I'm a clear thinker for myself.

If I am the last person to never vote for Trump, I will never vote for Trump.  Nothing he can do will change that.  Too much water under the bridge already.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2016, 09:03:42 pm »

Trump is going to hit Hillary Clinton on the Iraq War… from the Left. Trump is going to hit her as a bribed stooge of Wall Street… from the Left. He’s going to hit her on trade agreements… from the Left.

In many ways, Trump is WORSE than Hillary.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2016, 09:11:19 pm »
Trump is going to hit Hillary Clinton on the Iraq War… from the Left. Trump is going to hit her as a bribed stooge of Wall Street… from the Left. He’s going to hit her on trade agreements… from the Left.

In many ways, Trump is WORSE than Hillary.

You have a point there.  Didn't Trump bash Bush and the Iraq war not long ago from the same talking points the Left used?  Didn't Trump use the Leftist talking points about Bush lying about WMDs in Iraq as a pretext to invading??  If memory serves, didn't Trump say that in a debate?

I think you may be absolutely correct.  Trump is going to hit The Mao Pantsuit from the same place Bernie Sanders is.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2016, 09:32:10 pm »
I see what you did there. 

Prager is a clear thinker for himself; I'm a clear thinker for myself.

If I am the last person to never vote for Trump, I will never vote for Trump.  Nothing he can do will change that.  Too much water under the bridge already.

I'm last.... you can only hope for next to last.... :)
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2016, 09:48:06 pm »
And that's fair to ask for.

I think what you were getting at was the fact that there are people we would both acknowledge as rational, intelligent, conservatives on both sides of this argument. Not being in agreement shouldn't get one labeled a Hillary troll or a sell out. There are a lot of different mental avenues to approach from which to approach these topics.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline HootOwl

« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2016, 09:56:58 pm »
Cruz's platform was written and represented something that he meant.  That were part of his core set of beliefs and values.   You can't say that about any of King Trumpy's suggestions or his political platform (which are according to you, apparently the same thing)
       :beer:   I wish we could start the primaries over with only Cruz vs Trump ,  we have missed the boat   :th_10444:

Offline RedHead

« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2016, 10:16:02 pm »

Prager must do what his conscience tells him to and I will do what my conscience tells me to. 

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2016, 11:08:56 pm »
Since Cruz quit, all his Ideas and Positions are what now. Oh Right... Suggestions. The key term is "now." Means until hes in a position of power they are in the same category as Cruz's lofty ideas. Not yet realized. Common sense people.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2016, 11:13:12 pm »
Trump: Everything I say now is a suggestion---Nick Gass

I'd have a suggestion or two for Donaldus Minimus but there are ladies present . . .

Meanwhile, I've found his record. You'll note it's a duet with Hilarious Rodent Clinton. (I'm not sure,
but I think that's Droopy Drawers Clinton blowing the horn . . . )

The Okeh Laughing Record
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 11:13:36 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2016, 11:25:52 pm »

I maintain that Trump is a quantity that will be controlled.

Serious question 1: Are you at all familiar with how many times in the history of the world some Machivelian type thought they could 'control' the guy they put into power?

Serious question 2: Are you aware how many succeeded?

Serious question 3: What in the name of all that's Holy leads you to conclude that the congress and leadership that caved in 100% and gave Barack Hussien Obama 100% of his major policy issues, whose hallmark is capitulation, is going to stop a man that is far smarter, far more cunning and far more able to wield power than Barack Hussien Obama?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 11:26:53 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2016, 11:35:18 pm »
All good questions, except I don't think he is smarter.  He's actually pretty dumb about most issues.  He is cunning, but probably only to an equal degree as Zero.  More willing to wield power?  Maybe.  That's saying a lot because Zero is a big time power usurper.  He is just less of a power abuser than I see Trump being.  Not that Zero doesn't target enemies.  Look at the IRS scandal.  It's just that I really think Trump will be ten times worse.  He flaunts his vengeful side.  He's proud of it.  Trump is a gangster at heart, imo.  Obama is an ideologue.  These things share some attribultes but they're different.

You make solid points, but Trump at least, built his empire with a handful of advisers. Obama required the force and numbers of 3 governmental branches, so I think that would qualify DT as the smarter of the two. Barry has never once shown his thoughts were his own.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2016, 11:44:28 pm »
Since Cruz quit, all his Ideas and Positions are what now. Oh Right... Suggestions. The key term is "now." Means until hes in a position of power they are in the same category as Cruz's lofty ideas. Not yet realized. Common sense people.

So then why is there a link on Trump's website that says "Positions".  Shouldn't it say "Suggestions"?