Author Topic: Joe Biden: I Could Have Been the Best President  (Read 674 times)

Offline MACVSOG68

Joe Biden: I Could Have Been the Best President
« on: May 11, 2016, 03:14:45 pm »
Joe Biden: ‘I Would Have Been the Best President’

By MARGARET CHADBOURN

Vice President Joe Biden says he “would have been the best president” if he had mounted a successful campaign in the 2016 election, but that forgoing the race was the right decision for his family.

Speaking with “Good Morning America” co-anchor Robin Roberts in an exclusive interview that aired today, Biden said he had planned to run but changed course only after his eldest son Beau died last May.

“No one should ever seek the presidency unless they're able to devote their whole heart and soul and passion into just doing that,” he said. “And, Beau was my soul. I just wasn't ready to be able to do that. But, so, my one regret is my Beau's not here. I don't have any other regrets.”

_______________________________________________________________SNIP________________________________________________________________

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/joe-biden-best-president/story?id=39023077

COMMENT:  Uncle Joe's sense of timing has never been super.  With the four candidates on both sides, he could have waltzed into the job this year.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Relic

Re: Joe Biden: I Could Have Been the Best President
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 03:17:09 pm »
It is amazing to me that Uncle Joe, as confused and goofy as he is, would have ran away with the election had he decided to run.

Wow.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden: 'I would have been the best president'
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 03:47:08 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/joe-biden-president-223046

By Nolan D. McCaskill

05/11/16 07:28 AM EDT

Vice President Joe Biden is confident Hillary Clinton will win the Democratic nomination and ultimately the White House, but still believes he would be a better president.

“I had planned on running. It’s an awful thing to say: I think I would have been the best president,” Biden told Robin Roberts in an interview with ABC’s “Good Morning America” that aired Wednesday.

But ruling out a White House run in 2016 was the right decision for Biden and his family, he said. “No one should ever seek the presidency unless they’re able to devote their whole heart and soul and passion into just doing that,” said Biden, who announced in October following the death of his son that he would not be pursuing the presidency. “And Beau was my soul. I just wasn’t ready to be able to do that.”

Biden acknowledged that Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, has been underestimated since he launched his campaign last summer but signaled that his approach — which prevailed against 16 Republican rivals — won’t be as effective against Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton.

“I think what’s gonna happen here is that the constant attack coming from [the] Republican side, the sort of vitriol that’s pouring out, I don’t think that’s gonna fare well over the next several months,” Biden said. “So I feel confident that Hillary will be the nominee, and I feel confident she’ll be the next president.”

In an interview with Mic last month, Biden said the country was ready for its first female president, adding that he would like to see a woman elected.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 04:15:52 pm »
Run, Joe, Run!!!

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Re: Biden: 'I would have been the best president'
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 04:20:22 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/joe-biden-president-223046

These remarks sort of sound like an old man's sad "could-a-beens".  To which I can only respond, "Sure you would, Joe, sure you would."
Let it burn.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 04:25:20 pm »
It is amazing to me that Uncle Joe, as confused and goofy as he is, would have ran away with the election had he decided to run.

Wow.

Yeah, doesn't say much for either side this year.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!