Author Topic: Ted Cruz Coalition Want Bathroom Laws In Republican Party Platform…  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Ted Cruz Coalition Want Bathroom Laws In Republican Party Platform…

This story is an example why the republican party consistently loses against the progressive left.   In response to the ridiculous, albeit recent, NC bathroom laws (which the MSM are having fun bashing conservatives on the head with) the Ted Cruz constituency wants to write bathroom laws into the 2016 republican party platform.

Yes, yes, unfortunately – that’s the modern right-wing cultural GOPe.  Look over there, shiny thing, shiny thing… quick, go chase it….. quick make a law to control it…. bathrooms, gays, transgenders… oh noes, the humanity !

WASHINGTON DC – After he lost the Republican nomination, Sen. Ted Cruz’s backers will now reportedly pivot towards trying to gain control of the GOP’s platform during the national convention.

According to The New York Times, top Cruz aide Ken Cuccinelli wrote in an email to supporters urging them to come to Cleveland in July to “protect against liberal changes to our platform.” Cuccinelli confirmed the effort to the Times, telling them that Cruz’s backers seek to protect “movement conservatism,” including a firming of the party’s core positions on abortion and the addition of language regarding transgender bathroom use.

“We want to have girls go in girls’ bathrooms,” he said, alluding to how presumptive nominee Donald Trump has taken a more liberal position than Cruz on which bathrooms transgender individuals can use.  (read more)

Bathroom monitors?  Really?  That’s what the Ted Cruz wing of the republican party is worried about… being the bathroom police?

Personally, I’ve come to the conclusion the GOPe actually meets behind mahogany doors and picks out things -intentionally- to make issues out of and give the republican party the public appearance of insane nuttery.  I’ve come to believe they do this on purpose as party of the entire construct of the UniParty…. there can be no other reasonable explanation.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/05/09/ted-cruz-coalition-want-bathroom-laws-in-republican-party-platform/#more-116024
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Dumb. All they need a single sentence saying all cultural and social issues should be left up to the states.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Dumb. All they need a single sentence saying all cultural and social issues should be left up to the states.

And that position would be something that an originalist like Cruz claims to be, would support.

But the religious far right wants to get noticed, no matter the negative political impact.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Agree. 

Offline LonestarDream

Obama's Lynch just made this a national issue.  They are going for all the bathrooms in the schools next.

Levin just had the Governor of NC to talk about this.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I thought we weren't posting stuff from the totally scurrilous "Conservative" Treehouse? 

Offline kevindavis007

Ditto..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Agree.

Didn't you say we should support Romney 100% in another thread?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Ted Cruz Coalition Want Bathroom Laws In Republican Party Platform…

This story is an example why the republican party consistently loses against the progressive left.   In response to the ridiculous, albeit recent, NC bathroom laws (which the MSM are having fun bashing conservatives on the head with) the Ted Cruz constituency wants to write bathroom laws into the 2016 republican party platform.

Yes, yes, unfortunately – that’s the modern right-wing cultural GOPe.  Look over there, shiny thing, shiny thing… quick, go chase it….. quick make a law to control it…. bathrooms, gays, transgenders… oh noes, the humanity !

WASHINGTON DC – After he lost the Republican nomination, Sen. Ted Cruz’s backers will now reportedly pivot towards trying to gain control of the GOP’s platform during the national convention.

According to The New York Times, top Cruz aide Ken Cuccinelli wrote in an email to supporters urging them to come to Cleveland in July to “protect against liberal changes to our platform.” Cuccinelli confirmed the effort to the Times, telling them that Cruz’s backers seek to protect “movement conservatism,” including a firming of the party’s core positions on abortion and the addition of language regarding transgender bathroom use.

“We want to have girls go in girls’ bathrooms,” he said, alluding to how presumptive nominee Donald Trump has taken a more liberal position than Cruz on which bathrooms transgender individuals can use.  (read more)

Bathroom monitors?  Really?  That’s what the Ted Cruz wing of the republican party is worried about… being the bathroom police?

Personally, I’ve come to the conclusion the GOPe actually meets behind mahogany doors and picks out things -intentionally- to make issues out of and give the republican party the public appearance of insane nuttery.  I’ve come to believe they do this on purpose as party of the entire construct of the UniParty…. there can be no other reasonable explanation.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/05/09/ted-cruz-coalition-want-bathroom-laws-in-republican-party-platform/#more-116024

There happens to be many, many people who do not want their children to shower at the YMCA with every pervert or Transexual that is confused about who they are.  I don't want to shower or pee with people who have a penis.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 02:23:59 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Mechanicos

Good points. Now real world. The presidents only power to fix this cultural cancer is with the courts and education. We are not nor are we supposed to be an Autocracy. We know what kind of Judges Hillary will nominate, We also know what she will do with education. So the best and ONLY chance you have to fix this issue is support the one that has a possibility of effecting change in this area. As far as an election issue its a distraction to help the democrats. That's why they are making this an issue for the election and pushing the Cruzers buttons non-stop.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline sinkspur

Good points. Now real world. The presidents only power to fix this cultural cancer is with the courts and education. We are not nor are we supposed to be an Autocracy. We know what kind of Judges Hillary will nominate, We also know what she will do with education. So the best and ONLY chance you have to fix this issue is support the one that has a possibility of effecting change in this area. As far as an election issue its a distraction to help the democrats. That's why they are making this an issue for the election and pushing the Cruzers buttons non-stop.

You do know that Trump is in favor of these open bathrooms, don't you?    Trump will not lift a finger to change this.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

No I do not know that since the source of it is the people who hate you and America. I saw where he did not want this to be a democrat tool to beat him up with and not set him up for multiple lawsuits in NYC.  What was he supposed to say. Yeah sue me for millions? use your head. There was no right answer in that Gotcha situation it was a compromise. If we get good judges and local education that fixes it not him.

Offline sinkspur

No I do not know that since the source of it is the people who hate you and America. I saw where he did not want this to be a democrat tool to beat him up with and not set him up for multiple lawsuits in NYC.  What was he supposed to say. Yeah sue me for millions? use your head. There was no right answer in that Gotcha situation it was a compromise. If we get good judges and local education that fixes it not him.

Transgender People can use whatever bathroom they choose, says Trump

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/04/trump-transgender-bathrooms-222257

I have no idea what your post says.  I have you on ignore because you just can't seem to express a cogent thought.  This post is an example.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

I have no idea what your post says.  I have you on ignore because you just can't seem to express a cogent thought.  This post is an example.

Oh the irony!  :silly:

Offline Frank Cannon

And that position would be something that an originalist like Cruz claims to be, would support.

Claims to be? Did he write this or some people who voted for him?

Offline The Jackal

• #nevertrump

Trump supporters think they are on the 'inside' of Trump's joke. He gives them the wink and they know when he's stating his true position or when he's playing someone and ostensibly sidestepping a media landmine. And because they think they are on the inside they think they have a bead on his true intentions and can infer that he's REALLY gonna align his policies with their preferences.  Yeah, he's really gonna get those good judges give back local control of education. When in fact they have no idea what he's going to do.

And so, you're claiming you do know.  Since this is now a federal matter, it's the federal judiciary that will handle this and who nominates federal judges? So you're claiming that Trump will fix this with those 'good judges'. It all boils down to, "Trust me. I know what's going on and I know what I'm talking about." Sure you do.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 03:28:06 am by The Jackal »

Offline LadyLiberty

The party platform simply states the principles of the party and what it stands for. It has absolutely nothing to do with the level of government (state, federal, local) where any law must be written or passed, or if that must be done at all.  Obviously, a political party has no authority to propose legislation.  Putting a resolution on the platform only says that this issue (among many,many other proposed resolutions) are important to the party.  All resolutions still must be voted on to be officially placed on the party platform.  Individual candidates down ticket can choose whether or not to embrace them.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Is there a link to this from a more credible source than the kooks at Conservativetreehouse?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!