Author Topic: Conservative Author P.J. O'Rourke Reluctantly Backs Clinton  (Read 682 times)

Offline Suppressed

Conservative Author P.J. O'Rourke Reluctantly Backs Clinton

http://www.npr.org/2016/05/09/477339063/conservative-author-pj-orourke-reluctantly-backs-clinton

Excerpt:

"I have a little announcement to make ... I'm voting for Hillary. I am endorsing Hillary," noted conservative author P.J. O'Rourke said on NPR's Wait Wait ... Don't Tell Me. The episode aired over the weekend.

. . .

"I am endorsing Hillary, and all her lies and all her empty promises," O'Rourke continued. "It's the second-worst thing that can happen to this country, but she's way behind in second place. She's wrong about absolutely everything, but she's wrong within normal parameters."

Regarding Trump:

"This man just can't be president," O'Rourke said, alluding to the nuclear codes the commander-in-chief takes control of upon assuming office. "They've got this button — this briefcase. He's going to find it."
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline R4 TrumPence

Re: Conservative Author P.J. O'Rourke Reluctantly Backs Clinton
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 05:42:58 am »
The headline from politico is avlie!

P,J was never a conservative!

P. J. O'Rourke was born in Toledo, Ohio, the son of Delphine (Loy), a housewife, and Clifford Bronson O'Rourke, a car salesman.[2][3] He attended Toledo's DeVilbiss High School, graduating in 1965. He did his undergraduate work at Miami University, in Ohio, and earned an M.A. in English at Johns Hopkins University while a brother of the Alpha Delta Phi Literary Society. He recounts that during his student days he was a left-leaning hippie, but that in the 1970s his political views underwent a volte-face. He emerged as a political observer and humorist with libertarian viewpoints.

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Conservative Author P.J. O'Rourke Reluctantly Backs Clinton
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 06:13:29 am »

"A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them."
"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
"If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free!"
"Your money does not cause my poverty. Refusal to believe this is at the bottom of most bad economic thinking."

P.J. O'Rourke