Author Topic: Ted Cruz wows crowd, woos delegates in Monroeville  (Read 4413 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Ted Cruz wows crowd, woos delegates in Monroeville
« on: April 24, 2016, 12:58:52 am »
God, guns and abolishing the IRS propelled an enthusiastic crowd of more than 800 people to their feet, cheering for Texas Sen. Ted Cruz as he campaigned in Western Pennsylvania for the first time Saturday.

“I come here this morning with a word of hope and encouragement all across Pennsylvania and all across this country: Help is on the way,” said Cruz.

Cruz repeatedly brought the crowd in Monroeville's Gateway High School auditorium to their feet with a 34-minute speech full of Republican red-meat.

He promised to repeal “every word of Obamacare,” pass a simple flat tax, and pick Supreme Court nominees who would champion religious freedoms. He vowed to increase military funding and kill terrorists. He declared he'd end what he called Obama's war on coal.....

http://triblive.com/politics/politicalheadlines/10354667-74/cruz-trump-delegates

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Ted Cruz wows crowd, woos delegates in Monroeville
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 01:55:55 am »
Perhaps I'm reading more into his speech then was meant, but I found it rather comforting and unsettling at this same time as he states:
“I come here this morning with a word of hope and encouragement ...  all across this country: Help is on the way,” said Cruz.  Regardless of what happens, I do believe that one way or another Cruz will lead us to restoration.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 01:58:09 am »
800 people?

That's a landslide win in Lyin' Ted's scheming mind.  Definitely worth 50 of the 71 delegates up for grabs in PA.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 02:04:16 am by AnybodyButaDem »
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 02:03:02 am »
Perhaps I'm reading more into his speech then was meant, but I found it rather comforting and unsettling at this same time as he states:
“I come here this morning with a word of hope and encouragement ...  all across this country: Help is on the way,” said Cruz.  Regardless of what happens, I do believe that one way or another Cruz will lead us to restoration.

My question is, what is his plan after "abolishing" the IRS, even with a flat tax.  Who is going to enforce those evading taxes?  Will there be mandatory money taken out of paychecks?  What about 1099 contractors like me who pay taxes either yearly or quarterly?

Hope and Encouragement is this year's Hope and Change.

Designed to fool dumb people with no specifics other than the fool's errand of "abolishing" the IRS.  Reform?  Sure, it's needed.  Downsize?  Hell yes.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 02:03:40 am by AnybodyButaDem »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 02:06:01 am »
My question is, what is his plan after "abolishing" the IRS, even with a flat tax.  Who is going to enforce those evading taxes?  Will there be mandatory money taken out of paychecks?  What about 1099 contractors like me who pay taxes either yearly or quarterly?

Hope and Encouragement is this year's Hope and Change.

Designed to fool dumb people with no specifics other than the fool's errand of "abolishing" the IRS.  Reform?  Sure, it's needed.  Downsize?  Hell yes.

Mark my words.  Do not underestimate Cruz.   :patriot:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 02:07:48 am »
Mark my words.  Do not underestimate Cruz.   :patriot:

Saying you're going to abolish the IRS is good red meat, but unfortunately there needs to be some sort of tax enforcement agency.  Preferably not political, and gut it to put in honest citizens who aren't hyper-partisan on either side. 

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 02:10:58 am »
Saying you're going to abolish the IRS is good red meat, but unfortunately there needs to be some sort of tax enforcement agency.  Preferably not political, and gut it to put in honest citizens who aren't hyper-partisan on either side.

Really?  That's pretty obvious don't you think?

Ted Cruz 2016.  Reigniting the Promise of America!   :patriot: :patriot:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 02:17:35 am »

We need hope.  Ultimately my hope is in the Lord Jesus Christ.  No matter what happens in this election.  Hope lives in me.  I believe that is the same for Ted Cruz.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 02:18:32 am »
Really?  That's pretty obvious don't you think?

Ted Cruz 2016.  Reigniting the Promise of America!   :patriot: :patriot:

What's obvious?  Who enforces the tax code if the IRS is "abolished?"  I'd actually like to know that answer.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 02:37:51 am »
What's obvious?  Who enforces the tax code if the IRS is "abolished?"  I'd actually like to know that answer.

Not the corrupt IRS.  Downsize.

“Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but Democrats believe every day is April 15th.” – Ronald Reagan

Read more: http://louderwithcrowder.com/undeniable-corruption-top-5-reasons-to-abolish-the-irs/#ixzz46hvd4Ds0
Follow us: @scrowder on Twitter | stevencrowderofficial on Facebook
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2016, 02:39:36 am »

I am not speaking for Cruz, but the obvious is it would become the duty of the states.  Quite frankly, I believe that income tax should be abolished along with the IRS and the Federal Reserve...but that's another unpopular idea.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2016, 02:46:07 am »
800 people?

That's a landslide win in Lyin' Ted's scheming mind.  Definitely worth 50 of the 71 delegates up for grabs in PA.

At least Lion Ted can win his state...Scam Wow..not so much, trump was schlonged...terribly schlonged by Hillary and Sanders.. Scam Wow came in a distant third...a far distant third... trump was schlonged in his home state worse than Ned Beatty in Deliverance.

"Whine like a punk trump"... "Squeal like The Donald"
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 02:52:56 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2016, 02:56:12 am »

Yes but nothing like the corrupt IRS is required! Not at all.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2016, 02:58:45 am »
I still haven't received an answer on who enforces the federal tax code.  Why should the states pay for it?

Come on, let's talk some substance here.  Cruz said he'd abolish the IRS; what does he replace it with at the federal level to go after tax evaders?  I pay taxes because I know if I don't and I'm audited, I'm paying heavy fines at the best, and going to prison at the worst.

Anyone?  Come on Cruz people, this is your chance to talk policy!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 02:59:46 am by AnybodyButaDem »

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2016, 03:01:28 am »
We need hope.  Ultimately my hope is in the Lord Jesus Christ. No matter what happens in this election.  Hope lives in me.  I believe that is the same for Ted Cruz.

Do you think Jesus likes you telling me I have trouble understanding things when it's you making the ludicrous claim on how illegal immigrants are voting for Trump in CA?  Is insulting people's intelligence because they call out your lie in the path of Jesus?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2016, 03:01:58 am »

Thanks for finally outing yourself as the leftist you actually are Carling. That is why you are a natural fit for a Rat Commie like Trump.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2016, 03:02:17 am »
I still haven't received an answer on who enforces the federal tax code.  Why should the states pay for it?

Come on, let's talk some substance here.  Cruz said he'd abolish the IRS; what does he replace it with at the federal level to go after tax evaders?  I pay taxes because I know if I don't and I'm audited, I'm paying heavy fines at the best, and going to prison at the worst.

Anyone?  Come on Cruz people, this is your chance to talk policy!

The department of the Treasury! The individual states do the collecting and most of the enforcement while getting compensated for it!

http://fairtax.org

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2016, 03:03:08 am »
Thanks for finally outing yourself as the leftist you actually are Carling. That is why you are a natural fit for a Rat Commie like Trump.

Why don't you read the rest of the thread?  Keep in mind Cruz has been on the government dole most of his life.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 03:03:40 am by AnybodyButaDem »

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2016, 03:06:32 am »
The department of the Treasury! The individual states do the collecting and most of the enforcement while getting compensated for it!

http://fairtax.org

So we're basically making the states not only collect their own taxes, but also the taxes of the federal government, too?  So basically we're adding a layer of government, and having states make massive hires, in order to collect federal taxes?

Seems like a dumb idea to me.  Why not streamline the IRS, get rid of the corruption, and let the states do their job without having to do the federal government's as well?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2016, 03:09:53 am »
So we're basically making the states not only collect their own taxes, but also the taxes of the federal government, too?  So basically we're adding a layer of government, and having states make massive hires, in order to collect federal taxes?

Seems like a dumb idea to me.  Why not streamline the IRS, get rid of the corruption, and let the states do their job without having to do the federal government's as well?

Completely and Totally wrong! In fact it's 180 degrees from the truth! The states already have Tax collecting apparati in place! Adding Federal tax collections would be complete childs play and the states would be fairly compensated for their efforts!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2016, 03:10:42 am »
Why don't you read the rest of the thread?  Keep in mind Cruz has been on the government dole most of his life.

So has Trump. What do you think Bankruptcies are.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2016, 03:14:44 am »
So has Trump. What do you think Bankruptcies are.

A way to save thousands of jobs using existing tools.  Let's not forget Ted Cruz' sugar momma's Goldman Sachs also got a nice fat bailout with TARP, too.  Or are we forgetting that one?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 03:17:11 am by AnybodyButaDem »

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2016, 03:16:06 am »
Completely and Totally wrong! In fact it's 180 degrees from the truth! The states already have Tax collecting apparati in place! Adding Federal tax collections would be complete childs play and the states would be fairly compensated for their efforts!

Like they've been with ObamaCare?  Or MediCaid?  Or the Stimulus Bill?  Or...

You trust the federal government's ability to release funds a lot more than I do.  Once a Democrat is back in office, do you think they are going to expedite payments to Texas?  Really?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2016, 03:21:11 am »
Like they've been with ObamaCare?  Or MediCaid?  Or the Stimulus Bill?  Or...

You trust the federal government's ability to release funds a lot more than I do.  Once a Democrat is back in office, do you think they are going to expedite payments to Texas?  Really?

Wrong again! Texas and every other state takes their cut BEFORE the fed portion gets remitted to treasury!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2016, 03:28:41 am »
Wrong again! Texas and every other state takes their cut BEFORE the fed portion gets remitted to treasury!

That's a good point.  My questions mainly lie with LLCs like mine and other ways to organize a small business.  The IRS is massive compared to state tax collection agencies.