Author Topic: Trump: Transgender people can use whatever bathroom they want  (Read 33230 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump: Transgender people can use whatever bathroom they want
« Reply #225 on: April 22, 2016, 07:23:34 pm »
SOCONS are a cancer on our Republic.  

They're tantamount to Progressive Prius owners with CO-EXIST bumper stickers.

Is this how you Trumpkins intend to unify the party?  Driving 30% of it out?

Not that most were going to support Trump anyway.  They weren't especially since Trump is softening his abortion stance, little by little.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #226 on: April 22, 2016, 07:33:22 pm »
Look, the whole girl's bathroom and locker room thing could be handled by parents quickly. Withdraw your kids from school and fire the school administrators.

Yet it's about Trump and political correctness isn't it?  If people are condemned for not wanting someone of the opposite gender using their restrooms, isn't that a PC issue that Trump has condemned?  I don't know.  I thought he made it a campaign issue.  "Political correctness is killing our Country"  D. Trump.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #227 on: April 22, 2016, 07:34:24 pm »

Gee thanks, DC.

Glad to see you want to drive all of us pro-life people out of your "Republican" Party.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #228 on: April 22, 2016, 07:35:13 pm »

That's a pretty sad thing to see here DC.   **nononono*

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #229 on: April 22, 2016, 07:36:40 pm »
While I disagree with Trump on this one, I also don't have 22,000 employees and numerous business interests that would be "boycotting" and protesting every Trump property, and the media calling him a bigot 24/7. He wisely took that line of attack off the table, and since the President has literally zero say over this states' rights issue, why not protect your business along with the thousands of people under his employ.

Social conservatives aren't voting for him anyhow, so politically I think this was the only move he could make.

If and when he becomes POTUS he will still have those employees and run that risk with every decision he makes.

So then, as POTUS whose best interests will he be thinking of when faced with the hard choices?

His business interests or the nation's and the people's interests?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline musiclady

« Reply #230 on: April 22, 2016, 07:38:43 pm »
That's a pretty sad thing to see here DC.   **nononono*

Goes a little beyond just disagreeing intelligently with people like me, doesn't it?

Lovely to be called a "cancer" just because I hold the values that everyone held not that long ago......      **nononono*

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

geronl

« Reply #231 on: April 22, 2016, 07:43:31 pm »
How is one to discern the actual sex of a person dressed as a man or a woman? We have to assume until?  Cross dressers and transgenders are nothing new.

The same way we've been doing it, by not offering legal protection to perverts.

geronl

« Reply #232 on: April 22, 2016, 07:45:04 pm »

wow. That is just insane

A-Lert

« Reply #233 on: April 22, 2016, 07:45:29 pm »
Yet it's about Trump and political correctness isn't it?  If people are condemned for not wanting someone of the opposite gender using their restrooms, isn't that a PC issue that Trump has condemned?  I don't know.  I thought he made it a campaign issue.  "Political correctness is killing our Country"  D. Trump.

It isn't a political fight worth fighting. Again, how are you able to tell a transgender or transvestite until after the fact?  The courts are deciding.

http://fox40.com/2016/04/20/transgender-teen-wins-federal-case-over-bathrooms-title-ix/

A-Lert

« Reply #234 on: April 22, 2016, 07:47:23 pm »
The same way we've been doing it, by not offering legal protection to perverts.

How do you know what sex a person is in a public restroom? Do you physically check them out?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #235 on: April 22, 2016, 07:47:30 pm »
It isn't a political fight worth fighting. Again, how are you able to tell a transgender or transvestite until after the fact?  The courts are deciding.

http://fox40.com/2016/04/20/transgender-teen-wins-federal-case-over-bathrooms-title-ix/

The five o'clock shadow.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

A-Lert

« Reply #236 on: April 22, 2016, 07:49:55 pm »
Gee thanks, DC.

Glad to see you want to drive all of us pro-life people out of your "Republican" Party.

:odrama:

A-Lert

« Reply #237 on: April 22, 2016, 07:51:28 pm »
The five o'clock shadow.

Like that on Pelosi and Hillary?

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #238 on: April 22, 2016, 07:55:24 pm »
Goes a little beyond just disagreeing intelligently with people like me, doesn't it?

Lovely to be called a "cancer" just because I hold the values that everyone held not that long ago......      **nononono*

I just don't think he really believes that.  Known him too long.  Probably just the stress of this whole damn primary season. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #239 on: April 22, 2016, 07:55:54 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #240 on: April 22, 2016, 08:09:43 pm »
From FR

The bathroom deal is a big fat nothing burger. The exception thing in the platform is worrisome, but it more realistically reflects the standard GOP position which is basically a cowardly do nothing but lie to the voters position about something they plan to mostly ignore except when campaigning and asking for donations.

1,376 posted on 4/22/2016, 2:29:03 PM by Jim Robinson (Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God!)
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #241 on: April 22, 2016, 08:13:49 pm »

As I'm sure you're aware, there are jurisdictions that now have no questions asked.  Just as with gay marriage, the courts will ultimately rule, and no doubt this one has a long way to go.  But part of the issue again is Trump, whose campaign against political correctness seems to have met limits.  Will he stand up for those who are being called bigots because they want some gender privacy, or because they don't want their 10 year old daughter to have to share the restroom with some 60 year old 250 pound male?  I can live with gay marriage as long as religious institutions aren't forced to participate.  They have their privacy; I have mine.

This issue is different.  The privacy that the left so emphatically demanded has now been turned on its head.  My granddaughter has no right to privacy or a feeling of security, and to demand that for her is tantamount to bigotry.  This is a big PC issue right out of the Donald's own campaign.  So where is he?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #242 on: April 22, 2016, 08:17:28 pm »
I just don't think he really believes that.  Known him too long.  Probably just the stress of this whole damn primary season.

Actually, I don't either.  That's why I didn't react in anger.  There's been way too much of that going around lately.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #243 on: April 22, 2016, 08:20:38 pm »
Actually, I don't either.  That's why I didn't react in anger.  There's been way too much of that going around lately.

Agreed.  :beer:

A-Lert

« Reply #244 on: April 22, 2016, 08:38:04 pm »
As I'm sure you're aware, there are jurisdictions that now have no questions asked.  Just as with gay marriage, the courts will ultimately rule, and no doubt this one has a long way to go.  But part of the issue again is Trump, whose campaign against political correctness seems to have met limits.  Will he stand up for those who are being called bigots because they want some gender privacy, or because they don't want their 10 year old daughter to have to share the restroom with some 60 year old 250 pound male?  I can live with gay marriage as long as religious institutions aren't forced to participate.  They have their privacy; I have mine.

This issue is different.  The privacy that the left so emphatically demanded has now been turned on its head.  My granddaughter has no right to privacy or a feeling of security, and to demand that for her is tantamount to bigotry.  This is a big PC issue right out of the Donald's own campaign.  So where is he?

He is like most of us. We have personal beliefs and feelings. I don't hate gays, transgenders or transexuals. I just don't knowingly associate with them. I would withdraw my child from school if the school district decided my child's privacy and security wasn't important. I do hate child molesters and pedophiles. However, they generally aren't identified until after the assault on their victims. 

Offline JMS

« Reply #245 on: April 22, 2016, 08:43:44 pm »
Two things:
1)  I really am tired of the 'gottcha' questions; the candidates nightmare and the reporters delight.
2)  D. Trump should never answer hypothetical questions.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #246 on: April 22, 2016, 08:44:27 pm »

I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later but it still breaks my heart!   8888crybaby **nononono*
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #247 on: April 22, 2016, 08:45:43 pm »
Two things:
1)  I really am tired of the 'gottcha' questions; the candidates nightmare and the reporters delight.
2)  D. Trump should never answer hypothetical questions.

Welcome, JMS. 

Don't we expect gotcha questions?  Isn't that part of the vetting? 

I think the problem is not so much the questions, it's the answers that DT has been giving. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #248 on: April 22, 2016, 08:54:51 pm »
Ann Coulter ‏@AnnCoulter  48m48 minutes ago

We wanted Trump to stress his presidential side, not become a division of Manafort & Black.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #249 on: April 22, 2016, 08:56:23 pm »
This is the biggest thing Trump has going for him:  Resignation