Author Topic: Giuliani explains why he won't endorse Trump  (Read 218 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Giuliani explains why he won't endorse Trump
« on: April 19, 2016, 01:38:05 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/rudy-giuliani-222122

Giuliani explains why he won't endorse Trump

By Hanna Trudo

04/18/16 11:23 PM EDT

Updated 04/19/16 09:17 AM EDT

Rudy Giuliani is voting for Donald Trump in Tuesday's New York primary, but he insists his vote doesn't constitute an endorsement.

“Why not endorse him?” Megyn Kelly asked the former New York City mayor on her Fox News show on Monday night.

“Oh, well because I’m not part of the campaign,” Giuliani said. “I don’t want anyone to think I’m officially in the campaign, I’m part of the campaign, I take orders from the campaign.”

Kelly responded that a political endorsement doesn't have to be directly linked to campaign involvement.

“Nobody thinks that,” she said. “The New York Post endorsed Donald Trump. I don’t think anybody thinks The New York Post is part of the campaign.”

Giuliani explained that’s he’s a “political person” and would have to make speeches and join Trump's campaign if he endorsed the billionaire mogul, but that he's not ready to completely rule out working with him.

“If they would make some of the changes, maybe,” he said.

“There’s no question I believe he is the best candidate," Giuliani added. "And if people want to interpret that as an endorsement, it is, but it doesn’t require any obligation on my part to have to defend every single thing they do.”

When pressed on Tuesday about his comments, Giuliani told CNN that he'll endorse Trump but re-iterated that he's not part of the campaign.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34