Author Topic: NY Democrat: 2nd Amendment Doesn’t Matter Because Gun Control Is A Women’s Issue  (Read 264 times)

rangerrebew

NY Democrat: 2nd Amendment Doesn’t Matter Because Gun Control Is A Women’s Issue

http://downtrend.com/71superb/ny-democrat-2nd-amendment-doesnt-matter-because-gun-control-is-a-womens-issue

April 19, 2016| by Brian Anderson

Sometimes I think that democrats have a pool to see who can say the dumbest thing about guns. If we were to check the leader board, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) would definitely be at the top. Her interpretaion is that the 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms is irrelevant because gun control is a women’s issue. In other words, your Constitutional rights don’t matter so long as liberal women have a problem with it.

Gillibrand is a Hillary Clinton surrogate and as such she parrots the democratic candidate’s ridiculous position that anti-gun Bernie Sanders is actually a tool of the NRA. Gillibrand was making this inaccurate point in an interview with Politico, when she unveiled some even crazier shit. Here’s her take on the control argument:

“This debate is relegated to the men. It’s about hunting? It has nothing to do with hunting. Nothing in this debate has to do with hunting, and nothing in this debate has to do with the Second Amendment rights. Nothing. … I think — I see the world in the lens of women’s issues. I’m making everything a woman’s issue. I want guns to be a woman’s issue,” said Gillibrand.

I’m not even sure what she’s trying to say here, but that’s not a big surprise seeing as how idiotic liberals are when talking about guns. What I do get from this fairly incoherent rant is that she believes that gun control and gun ownership rights have nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment, you know, that thing that protects gun ownership rights and outlaws gun control. How exactly does that work?

She is right about the fact that the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting, but wrong about hunting not being part of the debate. It’s liberals like her that always try to drag hunting into the gun conversation, not Republicans and not men. If she has a problem with hunting being tossed around when gun rights are discussed, she should take it up with all of her gun-grabbing lefty cohorts.

Now this part where she says guns have nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment because she has commanded it is a women’s issue is a little mystifying. I get it that she’s a liberal woman so everything she says is going to be anti-men and anti-gun, but that still doesn’t quite explain what she’s talking about.

Elsewhere in the interview she gave a little clue to her madness:

“I sat down with a mother last week in Brooklyn, and she lost her 4-year-old baby … she took her kid to a park. Every mom takes their kid to a park. And she took her kid to a park and the kid was killed, a baby, a 4-year-old,” said Gillibrand.

There’s nothing else in this interview about guns, so we are left to conclude that her premise is this: Because criminal scumbags murder little kids with illegally obtained and possessed firearms, and because those little kids have mothers, who BTW are women, the 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms doesn’t apply if women experience sadness.

Like I said, Kristin Gillibrand is the current leader in the democratic “Say Stupid Shit About Guns” office pool.

The only way guns are a women’s issue is that like American men, they have a right that shall not be infringed to own firearms and to protect themselves against criminals who will choose to ignore any liberal gun control law that comes down the pipes.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 01:32:51 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

I just checked the Constitution and don't seem to be able to find where it says the 2nd Amendment is a women's issue.  Odd, too, it says the right to keep and bear arms "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."  It doesn't say anything about the 2nd Amendment doesn't matter because some bimbo NY Senator says so. :tongue2:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 01:38:52 pm by rangerrebew »