Author Topic: 45% of Americans pay no federal income tax  (Read 2016 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
45% of Americans pay no federal income tax
« on: April 18, 2016, 09:33:53 pm »
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/45-of-americans-pay-no-federal-income-tax-2016-02-24

Published: Apr 18, 2016 1:58 p.m. ET

77.5 million households do not pay federal individual income tax

By
Catey
Hill
Reporter

Many Americans don’t have to worry about giving Uncle Sam part of their hard-earned cash for their income taxes this year.

An estimated 45.3% of American households — roughly 77.5 million — will pay no federal individual income tax, according to data for the 2015 tax year from the Tax Policy Center, a nonpartisan Washington-based research group. (Note that this does not necessarily mean they won’t owe their states income tax.)

Roughly half pay no federal income tax because they have no taxable income, and the other roughly half get enough tax breaks to erase their tax liability, explains Roberton Williams, a senior fellow at the Tax Policy Center.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rodamala

Re: 45% of Americans pay no federal income tax
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 12:28:42 pm »
55% makers, producers, creators.
45% takers, consumers, destroyers.

In Soviet Amerika, all should aspire to be in the 45%

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 02:58:18 pm »
I would like to know the number when you take out the retirees and disabled etc.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 03:14:58 pm »

Which is another great reason why we will never again be a TRULY free people for so long as we continue to abide the exsistance of the Marxist income tax and the IRS!

http://fairtax.org
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 10:15:23 am »
It's going to get tougher and tougher to make the real, deep, across the board cuts in the Federal Government and the various welfare/warfare state programs as, besides 45% not paying Federal Income taxes, those same folks are on some kind of government assistance.

But make no mistake about it, those welfare/warfare state cuts are coming. It's a matter of when, not if. You can't avoid math forever. The problem is the longer we put the inevitable off, the harder and more painful it's going to be when math and the law of economics catch up to the borrowing, spending, and money printing. Our debt to GDP ratio is past 100% with no end in sight. We have trillions in unfunded liabilities when it comes to the "entitlements."  And this is an issue all the candidates don't seem to want to talk alot about but should each and every day.

When that day of cuts comes, you will see mass protests especially in inner cities. Math and the law of economics will always trump good intentions and a big heart
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 01:39:07 pm »
It's going to get tougher and tougher to make the real, deep, across the board cuts in the Federal Government and the various welfare/warfare state programs as, besides 45% not paying Federal Income taxes, those same folks are on some kind of government assistance.

But make no mistake about it, those welfare/warfare state cuts are coming. It's a matter of when, not if. You can't avoid math forever. The problem is the longer we put the inevitable off, the harder and more painful it's going to be when math and the law of economics catch up to the borrowing, spending, and money printing. Our debt to GDP ratio is past 100% with no end in sight. We have trillions in unfunded liabilities when it comes to the "entitlements."  And this is an issue all the candidates don't seem to want to talk alot about but should each and every day.

When that day of cuts comes, you will see mass protests especially in inner cities. Math and the law of economics will always trump good intentions and a big heart

Not much "cutting" of anything will be possible until the 45%  mentioned in the article above learn that while they don't pay any taxes in "income" they are STILL getting shafted BIG TIME by the current Marxist income tax system!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 07:39:22 pm »

Merge all welfare into a single monthly cash dole (fire about 90% of that bureaucracy), eliminate the overhead costs that eat up about half the "welfare" budget. Make it very clear to the remaining bureaucrats that "justifying budget increases by spending more" is not happening any longer. This step alone would save many billions annually. If states (like NY) think the monthly amount is too little ("our state costs more, wah!") then let the state chip in. No more Obama Phones, no more section 8, no more SNAP - make it a cash payment. No need to spend money and hire bureaucracies to control or monitor what they do with it.

Come back next month, because you aren't getting any more until then. (Make the receivers learn to budget by treating them like adults)

That is also the thing, make them actually show up to get the cash. They did this with ration cards back in the depression-war era, people showed up in person with their kids to prove they existed.

Eliminate the unnecessary federal departments like education, energy etc. Take non-military-related spending out of the defense budget. End all corporate and farm subsidies. Cut foreign aid down to immediate emergencies and allies only. Cut spending on the UN and all those related orgs. Stop funding NGO's.
Eliminate AmeriCorps, SeniorCorps, USA Freedom Corps (if it still around), Corporation for National and Community Service ($1 billion a year to promote volunteering, insane), White House Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships and all of these little "billion here, billion there" pet projects that build-up over time.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 02:42:43 am »
What about the various payroll taxes, like social security and medicare?  Those are taxed on first dollar and some of them stop after a certain amount.  Sounds like the bottom end of the economic spectrum pays most of those taxes.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 02:55:21 am »
What about the various payroll taxes, like social security and medicare?  Those are taxed on first dollar and some of them stop after a certain amount.  Sounds like the bottom end of the economic spectrum pays most of those taxes.

Absolutely! And the place where they stop is FAR out of reach for most of the people we are talking about here.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

A-Lert

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 03:13:19 am »
Shows how many people do not work. Our tax dollars paying their way.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 03:17:27 am »
I would like to know the number when you take out the retirees and disabled etc.
Of course that is useful, and would apply to retirees with fairly low taxable incomes, perhaps paid for homes, etc. Income from real estate, and income from tax free bonds, can both escape current taxation for example.

Military pay is fairly low, too.

So there are several categories that do not deserve scorn, ridicule, etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline rodamala

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 04:21:22 pm »

That is also the thing, make them actually show up to get the cash. They did this with ration cards back in the depression-war era, people showed up in person with their kids to prove they existed.

The existence of the EBT/SNAP/WIC card is one of the biggest problems I see.

The use of these cards (no different at the Wal*Mart than a Debit Card) has removed any public shaming or humiliation.  There is no exposure as being a taker/consumer/destroyer, it all just looks like a swipe of a debit or credit card.

Bring back Food STAMPS.  Allow Food Stamp holders to hold up the lines at Wal*Mart and maybe people will begin to recognize exactly how many people in line ahead of them are buying Certified Angus Fillet Mignon and Lobster Tails with taxpayer (MY) money... while the taxpayer is forced to buying Great Value brand chip chopped ham that's on sale, because it's "best before date" came and went last week.

geronl

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2016, 05:03:45 pm »

The ones who have legal jobs anyway