Author Topic: Palin's wisconsin speech (a doozy)  (Read 9002 times)

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Palin's wisconsin speech (a doozy)
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2016, 03:14:05 pm »
Palin's speech was about twice as coherent and substantive as a typical Trump speech, but then he doesn't exactly set a high bar.  She forgot to ask who is going to pay for the wall.  That always gets them going.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2016, 03:19:08 pm »
Even Palin knew she fell flat.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2016, 03:26:57 pm »

She's cracking. Trump is a one-man career wrecking machine. So many people on the conservative side have the Trump stain: Palin, Christie, Carson, Limbaugh, Hannity, Newt (although he is attempting to jettison this week), Ingraham, Breitbart Media, Jim Hoft, Lou Dobbs. Anyone else I missed?

When the Trump thing inevitably implodes there will be conservative media corpses strewn all over the wreckage.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 03:27:20 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2016, 03:30:07 pm »
I think that Sarah Palin has as hard of a time selling Donald as Donald.  The problem is that it isn't the same crowd that Donald speaks to at the rally's.  Those are the Blue Collar workers and these looked like white collar workers.

This is the problem.  To reverse the direction that we have allowed this country to go in a period of 20 years.  It really is a culture war.  What to do with the manufacturing Americans who see their jobs disappearing?  What I see is that Donald Trump isn't as smart as he say's he is.  Every single manufacturing company in America does business with China.  I know ours does.  45% tariff?  American corporations simply are not going to magically quit doing business with China.  Not going to happen.  I am an American who works in Manufacturing.  I could see myself saying yeah, that's right!!  But the bottom line is wrong.  Are we out to create jobs or kill them?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 03:32:34 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline ABX

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2016, 03:35:38 pm »
Sarah Palin says Trump only serious candidate on foreign policy, crowd LAUGHS at GOP dinner

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/sarah-palin-says-trump-only-serious-candidate-on-foreign-policy-crowd-laughs-at-gop-dinner/#ixzz44gSC06da

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2016, 03:39:24 pm »

The lady's been flatter than a pancake ever since she was damn fool enough to endorse
John McCain's last Senate re-election instead of telling him---considering the manner in
which his people threw her under the proverbial bus over 2008 and the near lack of
defense from McCain himself---where to shove it. Which anyone with any degree of
self respect would have done in that circumstance.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline ABX

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2016, 03:42:56 pm »
OK everyone, I think we've all been had.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2016, 03:47:37 pm »
Almost like she became a freeper and started talking and acting like them.

This entire election cycle has felt like a long, nightmarish set of FR and Daily Kos threads.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline ABX

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2016, 03:50:03 pm »
This entire election cycle has felt like a long, nightmarish set of FR and Daily Kos threads.

Exactly. A parody of the worst of politics.

Just wait until we are in the general - you ain't seen nothing yet.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2016, 03:57:04 pm »
Exactly. A parody of the worst of politics.

Just wait until we are in the general - you ain't seen nothing yet.

It's very fashionable to talk about "the ruling class", the "establishment", "elites" and "the will of the people" but the cold hard truth is that the more that "the people" have gotten involved in the political process, the worse the country has fared politically.

The Founders were very specific about who they thought should vote and who shouldn't. The more we expanded voting rights, the further we fell from grace.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 03:58:04 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

• Technical
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2016, 03:59:59 pm »
It's very fashionable to talk about "the ruling class", the "establishment", "elites" and "the will of the people" but the cold hard truth is that the more that "the people" have gotten involved in the political process, the worse the country has fared politically.

The Founders were very specific about who they thought should vote and who shouldn't. The more we expanded voting rights, the further we fell from grace.

I believe the biggest turnout for any Presidential election was the Tilden - Hayes election in 1876 which turned out to be an epic disaster, and maybe the closest the country ever came to a second Civil War and Constitutional Crisis. So I don't know why the media like to praise high election turnout.

Offline ABX

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2016, 04:10:09 pm »

The EstablishmentTM is the current boogeyman. People need to feel they need an enemy to fight so those who want to rule create enemies. That's a much easier enemy to create in people's minds that the attitudes that are causing our real problems, from dependency to authoritarianism and collectivism.

It is just part of the us versus them game when it should be us versus ourselves first. We need an external target so we don't look at our own failures.

A perfect example of this- Trump is complaining that The EstablishmentTM in Louisiana, Tennessee and elsewhere are 'stealing his delegates'. No, The EstablishmentTM isn't stealing anything. It is his own failure to retain a ground game in these states and have representation at precinct meetings that is causing him to lose delegates. Not The EstablishmentTM. He is not following through with his promise to his primary voters.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 04:11:55 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2016, 04:49:40 pm »
"The EstablishmentTM is the current boogeyman..."

When I was a girl in the late 60s, the "establishment" were the good guys.  You know the law-biding, God fearing, rule followers.  The "anti establishment' were the draft card burners, druggies and libertines who called returning Viet Nam vets baby killers.  The "anti-establishment of the 60s spawned the liberals of today.  I guess some people need a boogeyman to put fear in them.  The "Establishment" is the not the one they should be fearing.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2016, 05:13:42 pm »
The speech really stunk but at least she is still easy on the eyes.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2016, 05:16:08 pm »

Trust you to find the bright spot. 

^-^

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2016, 05:22:54 pm »

I'd hit it.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2016, 05:27:23 pm »
Trust you to find the bright spot. 

^-^

You know me. Mr Positive.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2016, 05:47:03 pm »

• Technical
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2016, 05:50:51 pm »
Yeah.  **nononono*

Right? She's on something. Only explanation.

50 mg of Xanax and a few shots of Stoli Razz is my guess.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2016, 06:02:02 pm »
Stoli Razz?  I am so culturally out of touch.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

• Technical
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2016, 06:04:39 pm »
Stoli Razz?  I am so culturally out of touch.

Girl vodka. :)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2016, 06:04:59 pm »
"The EstablishmentTM is the current boogeyman..."

When I was a girl in the late 60s, the "establishment" were the good guys.  You know the law-biding, God fearing, rule followers.  The "anti establishment' were the draft card burners, druggies and libertines who called returning Viet Nam vets baby killers.  The "anti-establishment of the 60s spawned the liberals of today.  I guess some people need a boogeyman to put fear in them.  The "Establishment" is the not the one they should be fearing.

Good post.

The anti-establishment then and there anti-establishment now are the same.

Anarchists.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2016, 06:12:08 pm »

Girl vodka. :)

Whew, since we all know I am the quintessential manly-man, it is no wonder I wasn't familiar with the stuff.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2016, 06:16:55 pm »
Good post.

The anti-establishment then and there anti-establishment now are the same.

Anarchists.

We need a sticky thread where the names of Establishment members are posted. Reasons for the title must be included. Then, maybe we can have a runoff vote at some point to select the Top Ten.
John Steinbeck

Wingnut

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2016, 06:55:03 pm »