Author Topic: Palin's wisconsin speech (a doozy)  (Read 9006 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Palin's wisconsin speech (a doozy)
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2016, 03:18:07 pm »
Hey, me too.  My wife and  just bought all his CDs about American History, the five big lies about business and government, and his briliant analysis of the Israeli-Palestinian mess. Medved is fair, invites criticism (which he always deftly handles), and is rational.  No emotionalism or worry about his ratings.

The rest are just agitators. Limbaugh, Ingraham, Hannity and Levin are the worst.

Huge Medved fan here as well. I got to meet him a couple of times being he lives and broadcast his show from up here in the Seattle area. The smartest man I have ever met, and what you hear on the show is the way he is in person. When I first met him at a Republican picnic he saw my 4-year old son wearing a cowboy outfit and black cowboy hat, (and carrying  large picture of Reagan in a Cowboy hat with the caption "My heroes have always been cowboys") - and Michael came over and began talking to my son about the history of cowboys - and told him that many good cowboys wore black hats, and then went and named some old movie stars who did.   This guy is good.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 03:18:37 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2016, 03:38:44 pm »
"Fluffy stuff"?  I don't find it so. 

Did you read this piece, Sink:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=200621.new#new ?

We don't get Prager anymore here, but I can tell you Rush has sure changed a lot from when he first came on the radio here in 1990. I give Rush full credit for my dad's conversion from a conservative democrat who grew up in the Roosevelt era, to a solid Republican voting Conservative. I would turn on his radio show as we were working in his shop and my dad naturally liked Rush and agreed with what he was saying, and believed the warnings that Rush was giving about the first Democrat my dad would not vote for, Bill Clinton. My dad ended up voting for Ross Perot, but he was well on his way to being totally washed clean of his Southern Democrat roots - along with many others who Rush educated.  Today I can't imagine Rush changing many hearts and minds and bring anyone over from the Democrat side. He is just like most of the other conservative radio host to are more concern about ratings than principles.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2016, 03:45:04 pm »
We don't get Prager anymore here, but I can tell you Rush has sure changed a lot from when he first came on the radio here in 1990. I give Rush full credit for my dad's conversion from a conservative democrat who grew up in the Roosevelt era, to a solid Republican voting Conservative. I would turn on his radio show as we were working in his shop and my dad naturally liked Rush and agreed with what he was saying, and believed the warnings that Rush was giving about the first Democrat my dad would not vote for, Bill Clinton. My dad ended up voting for Ross Perot, but he was well on his way to being totally washed clean of his Southern Democrat roots - along with many others who Rush educated.  Today I can't imagine Rush changing many hearts and minds and bring anyone over from the Democrat side. He is just like most of the other conservative radio host to are more concern about ratings than principles.

I have to agree, Navy.  Limbaugh was not afraid to go against Perot, but he seems to tremble in fear at telling his audience the truth about Trump.  Say what you will about Glenn Beck, at least he has taken a principled stand and put himself on the line for his convictions. 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 04:13:56 pm by massadvj »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2016, 03:58:29 pm »
I have to agree, Navy.  Limbaugh was afraid to go against Perot, but he seems to tremble in fear at telling his audience the truth about Trump.  Say what you will about Glenn Beck, at least he has taken a principled stand and put himself on the line for his convictions.

"Tremble in fear"?  Are you serious?    ^-^

Rush knows what most people who know once they get to know the 'person'...that's he the hardest working SOB they ever met.   Rush has played golf with Trump on more than a few occasions.

'You' see a man succeed like that, and the smartest thing to do is keep 'your' mouth shut.  And watch. 

And smile. 

« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 03:59:12 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2016, 04:11:46 pm »
I have to agree, Navy.  Limbaugh was afraid to go against Perot, but he seems to tremble in fear at telling his audience the truth about Trump.  Say what you will about Glenn Beck, at least he has taken a principled stand and put himself on the line for his convictions.

On board with Glenn Beck also. As a subscriber to the Blaze I catch both his radio and TV show. He strays a bit once in awhile into uncomfortable Libertarian territory, but at least he is passionate about what he believes and could care less about what his critics say about him. Love most his appreciation for American History. That is part of the reason he and Medved are my favorite host.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2016, 04:15:23 pm »

'You' see a man succeed like that, and the smartest thing to do is keep 'your' mouth shut.  And watch. 

And smile.

That troubles me considerably, DCP.  I hope I never suspend my own thought and judgement for anyone. I hope I never give anyone such deference.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2016, 04:24:34 pm »

Rush knows what most people who know once they get to know the 'person'...that's he the hardest working SOB they ever met.   Rush has played golf with Trump on more than a few occasions.

And smile.

Thank you DC!   :beer:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2016, 04:28:12 pm »

And smile.

:thumbsup3: :thumbsup3: :thumbsup3:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2016, 04:49:34 pm »
You see a man succeed like that, and the smartest thing to do is keep 'your' mouth shut.  And watch.

Joe Cassano for President.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2016, 04:56:02 pm »
Joe Cassano for President.

George Soros.
John Steinbeck

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2016, 04:57:25 pm »
That troubles me considerably, DCP.  I hope I never suspend my own thought and judgement for anyone. I hope I never give anyone such deference.

The idea that support for a political figure should be based on lack of critical thinking and unquestioning admiration is troubling indeed Lando.

That's cult of personality land.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2016, 05:00:48 pm »
I'm startled.
John Steinbeck

Bill Cipher

« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2016, 05:14:26 pm »

And smile. 

That is so wrong on so many levels it's not even funny.  That's like saying that since you believe Trump is a superlative real estate developer that he will be a superlative Olympic swimmer. 

And the concept of shutting up is another bothersome attempt to stifle dissent.  That is never a good thing. 

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2016, 05:31:44 pm »

Bill Cipher

« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2016, 05:32:36 pm »
The idea that support for a political figure should be based on lack of critical thinking and unquestioning admiration is troubling indeed Lando.

That's cult of personality land.

Exactly. 

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2016, 06:12:52 pm »
Too much fluffy stuff from Prager.  Does he still have his "marriage hour" and "women's hour"?   Too much like Dr. Laura.
He has the Ultimate Issues Hour, the Male-Female Hour, and the Happiness Hour. I skip those. The other 12 hours are mostly good. I find him to be the most thoughtful host around.

Burt Prelutsky had this to say about him in 2005:

"Speaking of being genuinely witty, that’s exactly what Dennis Prager is not. He believes he is, and has said as much more than once on his own show. Which makes him slightly wacky, I suppose, but not really funny. He is, in spite of all that, an excellent host. He’s extremely intelligent – although a bit pompous – unfailingly polite to even the dumbest of his callers, and he covers a wide spectrum of fascinating topics 15 hours a week.

"He does raise one question, though: Is there a point when a radio personality risks his credibility by hustling everything under the sun? A couple of weeks ago, I began keeping track of the products and services Prager personally pitches – and, at last count, the score was an even dozen. The man shills for everything from cameras to cars, clothes to cruises. One day, he had just finished telling his audience that the tree-huggers were, as usual, exaggerating the dangers of water pollution when a certain commercial came on. You guessed it – there was old Dennis telling us about this expensive water system he’d installed in his own home. It seems he was concerned not just about the water his family drank, but even the water in which they showered and washed their clothes!"

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2016, 10:00:22 pm »

And smile.

Jimmy Carter was considered one of the hardest-working presidents, too. How'd that work out for everybody?
(Except for giving us Ronald Reagan, that is . . .) Never mind his in-office failures, Carter was also renowned as
a hopeless micromanager who proved that that much attention to every piddling detail wasn't exactly good for
the nation's health. (Aside: Carter did pretty decently for himself as a peanut farmer before going into politics.)

Anyway, since when does working that hard and making all that pelf equal the making of a good president? (Never
mind for a moment that Donaldus Minimus seems to make a fortune in spite of as much as because of his business
results.)

Think about it. Warren Harding was a successful newspaper publisher . . . and one of the worst presidents in
U.S. history. (Teapot Dome, anyone?) George W. Bush was pretty successful owning the Texas Rangers---
before he became the president who spearheaded the Republican't collapse into big government that ended up
bequeathing us His Excellency Al-Hashish Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama Dada, COD, RIP, LSMFT, Would-
Have-Been-Life President of the Republic Formerly Known as the United States. Are you better off now than
you were eight years ago?

Herbert Hoover did well in the mining industry around the world before going into public service, was more or
less a circumstantial victim in the White House, practically when the last bit of confetti was swept up from his
inauguration. Though he did, among other things, sign off on one of the largest peacetime tax hikes in history,
not to mention the massive agricultural subsidies that proved the pilot fish for the early New Deal's Agricultural
Adjustment Act---paying oodles to farmers not to grow and to slaughter "excess" livestock. (After he departed
he remade himself as a philanthropist and lecturer against collectivism.)

Harry Truman flunked as a Kansas City haberdasher. How great a president he was depends on whether you
prefer to remember the man who ended World War II with a big bang or two, who stood up to Communism
at Berlin and in Korea; or, the man who would have gotten away with imposing the Great Society years before
Lyndon Johnson gave a similar round of programs the actual name, had it not been for Republican Congresses
that had twenty times the spine of the one we've got now.

And Mitt Romney was highly successful in business in his own right before he made a run for the White House.
Any eyewitnesses to his inaugural parade?

« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 10:01:14 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2016, 10:17:40 pm »
Jimmy Carter was considered one of the hardest-working presidents, too. How'd that work out for everybody?

(Except for giving us Ronald Reagan, that is . . .) Never mind his in-office failures, Carter was also renowned as a hopeless micromanager who proved that that much attention to every piddling detail wasn't exactly good for the nation's health. (Aside: Carter did pretty decently for himself as a peanut farmer before going into politics.)

Anyway, since when does working that hard and making all that pelf equal the making of a good president? (Never mind for a moment that Donaldus Minimus seems to make a fortune in spite of as much as because of his business results.)

Think about it. Warren Harding was a successful newspaper publisher . . . and one of the worst presidents in U.S. history. (Teapot Dome, anyone?) George W. Bush was pretty successful owning the Texas Rangers---before he became the president who spearheaded the Republican't collapse into big government that ended up bequeathing us His Excellency Al-Hashish Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama Dada, COD, RIP, LSMFT, Would-Have-Been-Life President of the Republic Formerly Known as the United States. Are you better off now than you were eight years ago?

Herbert Hoover did well in the mining industry around the world before going into public service, was more or less a circumstantial victim in the White House, practically when the last bit of confetti was swept up from his inauguration. Though he did, among other things, sign off on one of the largest peacetime tax hikes in history, not to mention the massive agricultural subsidies that proved the pilot fish for the early New Deal's Agricultural Adjustment Act---paying oodles to farmers not to grow and to slaughter "excess" livestock. (After he departed
he remade himself as a philanthropist and lecturer against collectivism.)

Harry Truman flunked as a Kansas City haberdasher. How great a president he was depends on whether you prefer to remember the man who ended World War II with a big bang or two, who stood up to Communism at Berlin and in Korea; or, the man who would have gotten away with imposing the Great Society years before Lyndon Johnson gave a similar round of programs the actual name, had it not been for Republican Congresses that had twenty times the spine of the one we've got now.

And Mitt Romney was highly successful in business in his own right before he made a run for the White House.  Any eyewitnesses to his inaugural parade?

Ooooh!  That's good!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2016, 10:41:23 pm »

What's in it for Rush, to publicly take a negative stance against Donald Trump?

We're 8 months away from losing our Constitution and our country.

And you're sitting there pissed off that Donald Trump is the ONLY man that can stop it from happening....and that he attacked Scott Walker.

...talk about suspending one's own thought and judgment.    :laugh:

Trump took a helluva blow losing Walker's endorsement a week out. 

But he took the only pragmatic approach available.   To go after disenchanted Democrats who, while disliking Walker, hate Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders even more.

What did YOU want him to do?   Take Romney's cue when he was sandbagged by Crowley and let it go as a lost opportunity?

What the hell is wrong with all of you?    :whistle:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 10:42:08 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2016, 10:52:42 pm »

And you're sitting there pissed off that Donald Trump is the ONLY man that can stop it from happening....and that he attacked Scott Walker.

But he took the only pragmatic approach available.   To go after disenchanted Democrats who, while disliking Walker, hate Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders even more.

What did YOU want him to do?   Take Romney's cue when he was sandbagged by Crowley and let it go as a lost opportunity?

Yeah.  Walker's gonna endorse Trump after what he said about him.

DC, you have a warped view of what's happening. Trump lashing out at Walker will drive more Republicans to the polls for Cruz.

So you're all hot that thug Democrat union supporters are going to vote for Trump NOW, but will vote for Hillary in November.  Just how gullible are you?

Trump is not going to get the necessary delegates, DC. It's apparent.  And, since he won't, he will not be the nominee.

The 63% of the GOP that hasn't voted for Trump is not going to allow him to be the nominee.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2016, 10:56:08 pm »
Yeah.  Walker's gonna endorse Trump after what he said about him.

DC, you have a warped view of what's happening. Trump lashing out at Walker will drive more Republicans to the polls for Cruz.

So you're all hot that thug Democrat union supporters are going to vote for Trump NOW, but will vote for Hillary in November.  Just how gullible are you?

Trump is not going to get the necessary delegates, DC. It's apparent.  And, since he won't, he will not be the nominee.

The 63% of the GOP that hasn't voted for Trump is not going to allow him to be the nominee.

We'll see who's got the pulse of the People, Sink.   Rush or Medved.

You had  better pick up a few Snickers this week because when Trump takes Wisconsin Tuesday night, I'm going to kick your a$$ all week long.    :laugh:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2016, 11:03:12 pm »
You had  better pick up a few Snickers this week because when Trump takes Wisconsin Tuesday night, I'm going to kick your a$$ all week long.    :laugh:

Trump is taking WI based on what? The state HATES him. He trashed Walker and the GOP in that state, like a coward, this week in IL using Leftist talking points. Palin was humiliated there when she gave her drugged out speech. Beyond that Trump has spent a fraction of the time in the state that Cruz has. It is going to be a total embarrassment for the loser Trump on Tuesday night.

A-Lert

« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2016, 11:08:17 pm »
Trump is taking WI based on what? The state HATES him. He trashed Walker and the GOP in that state, like a coward, this week in IL using Leftist talking points. Palin was humiliated there when she gave her drugged out speech. Beyond that Trump has spent a fraction of the time in the state that Cruz has. It is going to be a total embarrassment for the loser Trump on Tuesday night.

What are you on?

A-Lert

« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2016, 11:10:37 pm »

Being rational and logical with anti-Trumps is fruitless.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2016, 11:19:29 pm »
We'll see who's got the pulse of the People, Sink.   Rush or Medved.

You had better pick up a few Snickers this week because when Trump takes Wisconsin Tuesday night, I'm going to kick your a$$ all week long.    :laugh:

Why not put up a C note?  I'll bet you $100 to go to GOPBR that Trump loses.  And not only will he lose WI, but he'll lose by 10 points or more.

Game?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.