Author Topic: BREAKING Two on the run after Paris terror plot in “advanced” stages foiled  (Read 249 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
A French man was arrested in the anti-terrorist operation in Argenteuil, in northwestern Paris, the French interior minister said.

Bernard Cazeneuve said the man was in an advanced stage of organising a terror attack.

He said “nothing tangible” links the Paris and Brussels attacks to the foiled plan.

A total of fifty people, including children were evacuated from a building at 5.30pm (4.30pm GMT).

Four and a half hours later officers then evacuated the entire road and blocked off access within a 200 metre perimeter.

A resident living on the road, said: “We saw many police trucks arrive around 5.30pm.

“The police told us to stay at home without giving any more of an explanation.

“The officers were masked.

“Give the context, people are afraid. My son told me he did not want to go to school tomorrow.”

https://reportuk.org/2016/03/24/breaking-two-on-the-run-after-paris-terror-plot-in-advanced-stages-foiled/

Warning - the initial source is the Express. So a small pinch of salt until further info is given.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Thank you my brother for the update!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

PARIS, March 24 (UPI) -- French authorities foiled a terrorist attack in the works by raiding a suspect's home in a Paris suburb, France's interior minister said Thursday.

The raid was carried out Thursday morning in the suburb of Argenteuil, just 10 miles northwest of downtown Paris, Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said during a news conference late in the day.

Arrested was a suspect, he said, who was involved in the future plot that was in the "advanced stages."

"This arrest is the result of a meticulous investigation carried out over a number of weeks involving important physical and technical surveillance resources, and required a tight and constant cooperation between European services," Cazeneuve said, calling it a "Major Arrest."

"Once again, it demonstrates how active our anti-terrorism services are," he added. "So far 75 individuals linked with terrorist activities have been arrested in our country since the beginning of 2016. These arrests have led to 37 people being charged and 28 detained."

The news came less than two days after coordinated attacks in Brussels killed at least 31 and wounded hundreds more. Cazeneuve, though, said there were no immediate indications that the thwarted plot has any connections to Belgium or November's attacks in Paris.

After the man's arrest, police returned to his neighborhood and searched other residences to look for any potential accomplices. Residents were evacuated, bomb technicians investigated the area and security agents had cordoned off the neighborhood into Thursday night.

The details of the plot weren't immediately revealed, but authorities indicated that it was to be carried out somewhere in France. Officials said the suspect had been under surveillance for weeks.

It also wasn't disclosed whether investigators know exactly which terror group the suspect was involved with.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org