Author Topic: 'Seriously?': Megyn Kelly hits out at Donald Trump after he retweets unflattering photo of Ted Cruz's wife Heidi next to his model wife Melania  (Read 10980 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Walk down the halls of Trump's office in Manhattan and you see women in high-level positions within the Trump Organization. That's how you can tell if someone is a misogynist, by who they hire and promote.

No one has ever sued Donald Trump for workplace sexual-harassment. That's another way you can tell if someone is a misogynist.

You are kidding, right?  3 Million Google results.
https://www.google.com/search?q=trump%2C+sexual+harassment+lawsuit&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

There have been dozens, if not more. At that, one article posted here a few months ago had Trump on the recipient end of over 170 Federal lawsuits and twice that many civil ones- usually his lawyer settles with a large check and non-disclosure agreement.  There were many sexual harassment type suits listed in there.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
You are kidding, right?  3 Million Google results.
https://www.google.com/search?q=trump%2C+sexual+harassment+lawsuit&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

There have been dozens, if not more. At that, one article posted here a few months ago had Trump on the recipient end of over 170 Federal lawsuits and twice that many civil ones- usually his lawyer settles with a large check and non-disclosure agreement.  There were many sexual harassment type suits listed in there.

Trumpies don't like facts, you see...

Offline musiclady

OK.......... so there HAVE been multiple lawsuits for sexual harassment.  Good for these brave women who faced the bully and won.

There is no way in all the world with Trump's debasing view of women that he has not abused women in the workplace.

Thanks to all that verified the lawsuits.

He is an abusive man.  He is a bully.  He is a misogynist.

FACTS.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

• Technical

He is an abusive man.  He is a bully.  He is a misogynist.

FACTS.

Also: gutless coward and wimp.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Depends on how you define cowardice.

He's no physical coward, or at least no more than anyone else is. He's shown that - frequently.  :shrug:

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

• Technical

He's no physical coward, or at least no more than anyone else is. He's shown that - frequently.  :shrug:

Don't know how he's shown physical bravery exactly, but that's not what I'm talking about. He's afraid of little Megyn Kelly and he's afraid to debate Cruz 1 on 1.

Wingnut

"A maggot, a cockroach and a crumb, that's what he is."

-Vera Coking

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Don't know how he's shown physical bravery exactly, but that's not what I'm talking about. He's afraid of little Megyn Kelly and he's afraid to debate Cruz 1 on 1.

You've seen this, right? (Any excuse to post it, it still makes me laugh!).

Trump isn't startling back. He's attacking.

As to his intellectual and moral cowardice - yep. It's there in spades.  :whistle:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You've seen this, right? (Any excuse to post it, it still makes me laugh!).

Trump isn't startling back. He's attacking.

As to his intellectual and moral cowardice - yep. It's there in spades.  :whistle:

That's funny!  And, no, I hadn't seen it.

Offline musiclady

Bullying is frequently a characteristic of a weak, insecure person.

Just because you can beat people up, doesn't mean you aren't a coward.

In fact, it usually IS because one is a coward.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
LOL!  You guyz are like a pride of lions that haven't eaten in five days.      :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

A-Lert

As to the third point:  maybe because they don't have the same opinion of her that you do.  "Vile," "evil," and "witch" are all subjective labels, they aren't themselves facts.  Others who view the same facts may very well draw different conclusions than you.  And apparently they do; which is a fact and one you don't seem to be coming to terms with.

More broadly, and not just you, and not just to Trumpettes, there is an unfortunate strain in much right of center political thinking that believes that their subjective worldview is necessarily the only objective view and so of course the rest of the world must secretly believe the same, and would act accordingly, if only we could rid ourselves of the small band of elite liberal oppressors.  Problem is, a lot of the rest of the world doesn't share that identical set of beliefs secretly or otherwise.  Thus, a goodly portion of the rest of the world can still be rational and yet not share your subjective conclusions about someone like Clinton.  For better or for worse, those are the facts, and declaiming that everyone who doesn't view her like you do is irrational doesn't deal with those facts nor does it advance the goal of convincing these other people that your view is the better one.

So the rest of the world can rationalize "a sexual predator enabler" as POTUS? The vile, evil witch who tried to destroy her husbands victims? What the hell kind of world is that?  Trump stated from the beginning that if hit, he would hit back twice as hard. His life has pretty much been an open book. He may be crude, rude and boisterous, but he is in the race to win. All the holier-than-thou critics had best not have any skeletons in their closet......and which candidate do you suppose does not? The gloves came off awhile ago, but the anti-Trumps underestimated the enemy. They tried to bully and intimidate. When Trump retaliates, they cry like lost puppies.

A-Lert

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/exclusive-inside-the-donald-trump-sexual-assault-lawsuit/

Literally the first result on a google search.

You failed to post the article for a reason? She was pressured to file the case, not withdraw it.

LawNewz.com spoke briefly to Jill Harth in an interview last week. Harth wouldn’t’ discuss the settlement or much about either lawsuit. When asked about the allegations, Harth told LawNewz that she was “under duress” and “pressured” to file the case. But when questioned about who applied that pressure, she wouldn’t say.

So were the sexual harassment allegations true? Harth says: “The allegations were twisted and embellished. Everything could be looked at in different way.”

But now I will never answer any questions for Lawnewz or it’s affiliates.  It has no credibility to me and I am not going to be a pin cushion for the media. I never sought attention about the old complaint that I withdrew.”

A-Lert

Trumpies don't like facts, you see...

I love facts. Why not post some for a change?

http://m.nydailynews.com/archives/gossip/harassment-suit-trumped-article-1.764918

" At one point yesterday, George Houraney said Trump had "forced" his wife to file the complaint because he was unwilling to settle with the couple. But later in the day, Houraney said his wife's lawyers "are working on withdrawing it.

" He did not say why. Trump and his lawyer Jay Goldberg denied all the allegations and suggested that Jones had encouraged Jill Houraney to bring her action. Goldberg said it appeared that the complaint had even come from Jones's typewriter. Said Jones: "I don't own a typewriter.

" He said he had discussed the complaint with Jill Houraney. "Was it my idea to file that complaint? No.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
So Trump forced her to file a sexual harassment complaint against himself... allrighty then.

Bill Cipher

So the rest of the world can rationalize "a sexual predator enabler" as POTUS? The vile, evil witch who tried to destroy her husbands victims? What the hell kind of world is that?  Trump stated from the beginning that if hit, he would hit back twice as hard. His life has pretty much been an open book. He may be crude, rude and boisterous, but he is in the race to win. All the holier-than-thou critics had best not have any skeletons in their closet......and which candidate do you suppose does not? The gloves came off awhile ago, but the anti-Trumps underestimated the enemy. They tried to bully and intimidate. When Trump retaliates, they cry like lost puppies.

Facts are facts.  You don't have to like them, but you cannot pretend they do not exist.