Author Topic: Trump doubles down on Heidi Cruz attacks  (Read 11632 times)

A-Lert

Re: Trump doubles down on Heidi Cruz attacks
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2016, 05:03:09 am »
Some people do consider SS an entitlement.  I'll just call it a Ponzi-scheme.

Foriegn aid dates back to WWI.  Housing aid dates back to the U.S. Housing Act of 1937.  HHS dates back to the Social Security Act of 1935.  In short these are not new issues and the people who argued and fought for these things are long dead.  It is not Rubio's fault.  It is not Cruz's fault,  It is not the Establishment's fault.
Why must you go there?  Have we not had a pleasant conversation? 

"L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés ou désirs" - Hell is full of good intentions and wishes -  Saint Bernard of Clairvaux

Didn't you post this to me?  " One must look at America in a vacuum to ultimately conclude pathetic results."

SS Ponzi scheme or not, if you pay in you benefit. Congress hasn't protected SS. 

The waste and graft in government has got to be curtailed. Hard working US taxpayers are fed up with the SOS.

A-Lert

« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2016, 05:08:41 am »
Thank you A-Lert for admitting this wasn't put out by Cruz or his supporters!

I don't know if you intended that, but we'll take painting yourself into a corner anytime!

I take the word of Cruz until proven otherwise. I hate the unfounded allegations and accusations thrown around so freely here and in the media.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2016, 05:21:08 am »
I take the word of Cruz until proven otherwise. I hate the unfounded allegations and accusations thrown around so freely here and in the media.

Word to that. And personally I thought the ad featuring that photo of Melania was tasteless and a hatchet job by Fair's PAC. Wives should be off the table in that context.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2016, 05:22:43 am »
Didn't you post this to me?  " One must look at America in a vacuum to ultimately conclude pathetic results."

SS Ponzi scheme or not, if you pay in you benefit. Congress hasn't protected SS. 

The waste and graft in government has got to be curtailed. Hard working US taxpayers are fed up with the SOS.

I'm sorry if you took "One must look at America in a vacuum to ultimately conclude pathetic results," as a slight.  It was not mean to judge, but to explain how you framed the question "What the hell kind of training provides such pathetic results?"

Many people receive SS Disability without paying in or paying very little in.

Every Presidential candidate promises to cut government waste and graft.  Only Trump has purchased politicians for the graft he received.

I am a hard working US taxpayer.  I have averaged 60-70 hours a week since Aug of 2015.  The problem is, what you see as waste and graft is different than what I see.  I would like to see the age requirement for SS increased.  I'd like to see means testing. but I understand where defenders of SS are coming from.  The government made a promise.  People on unemployment believe they are following the rules.  Some people receiving welfare have worked hard all their lives and now they need a little help. Some people believe they are entitled to education, healthcare, phones, internet, food, housing, and grants for their artwork.  And their votes count just as much as ours.  So now we see why there is no consensus on how to shrink government spending.

If you and I, who are infinitely closer together on the issues than you and a rat voter, can't agree on the single biggest government program (SS) how will we ever put those suckling the government teat on a diet?

A-Lert

« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2016, 05:48:37 am »
I'm sorry if you took "One must look at America in a vacuum to ultimately conclude pathetic results," as a slight.  It was not mean to judge, but to explain how you framed the question "What the hell kind of training provides such pathetic results?"

Many people receive SS Disability without paying in or paying very little in.

Every Presidential candidate promises to cut government waste and graft.  Only Trump has purchased politicians for the graft he received.

I am a hard working US taxpayer.  I have averaged 60-70 hours a week since Aug of 2015.  The problem is, what you see as waste and graft is different than what I see.  I would like to see the age requirement for SS increased.  I'd like to see means testing. but I understand where defenders of SS are coming from.  The government made a promise.  People on unemployment believe they are following the rules.  Some people receiving welfare have worked hard all their lives and now they need a little help. Some people believe they are entitled to education, healthcare, phones, internet, food, housing, and grants for their artwork.  And their votes count just as much as ours.  So now we see why there is no consensus on how to shrink government spending.

If you and I, who are infinitely closer together on the issues than you and a rat voter, can't agree on the single biggest government program (SS) how will we ever put those suckling the government teat on a diet?

SSI is insurance. I have life insurance policies, one that I took out at age 16. I've been paying in for decades. When I die the beneficiary will get the face value amount, but I will have paid in tens of thousands of dollars. There are those unfortunate few who may pay in for a year or two and when they die the beneficiary still collects the face value. That's how insurance is supposed to work.

Now people who have paid into Medicare have difficulty finding physicians who will accept medicare patients. Seems to me that is a failure of the system.

I've paid close to $100,000.00 in home and car insurance premiums over the years and have never made a claim until this year when part of my roof blew off. I still had to pay the $1,000 deductible. Other people are less fortunate and probably a few are more fortunate.

It's funny how private enterprise can make insurance work, but government has so many problems doing so.

I don't have all the answers, but things have got to change, We can't continue to outspend the incoming.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2016, 06:57:13 am »
His former chief of staff runs the PAC.  They talk daily. 

Goggle really is your friend.

If you have proof that Cruz was behind the ad other than he knows someone in the PAC then post it.  Otherwise we should revisit Trumps call to loosen Libel laws.  Trump is engaging in character assassination and he has even drawn Cruz's wife into it.  Is this what Trump means about libel.  How he damages people's reputation and exposes others to hatred with his harmful tweets?  I am a person that doesn't like the ad that was posted about Milania.  I find it trashy and unnecessary.  Don't like it.  But Trump is a public figure and a politician.  When you run for POTUS everything will come out.  But the PAC didn't need to post it.  Most people see it by searching Trumps wife themselves.  It is in google images.  He married a model that posed nude.  That is a liberal trick to try and blame someone else because of your own past mistakes.  If you don't want people to see you nude don't pose for nude pictures.

Definition. Libel is a method of defamation expressed by print, writing, pictures, signs, effigies, or any communication embodied in physical form that is injurious to a person's reputation, exposes a person to public hatred, contempt or ridicule, or injures a person in his/her business or profession.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 07:01:34 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2016, 07:18:14 am »
SSI is insurance. I have life insurance policies, one that I took out at age 16. I've been paying in for decades. When I die the beneficiary will get the face value amount, but I will have paid in tens of thousands of dollars. There are those unfortunate few who may pay in for a year or two and when they die the beneficiary still collects the face value. That's how insurance is supposed to work.

I'm curious.  Where did the Framers of the Constitution require government run insurance? 

Now people who have paid into Medicare have difficulty finding physicians who will accept medicare patients. Seems to me that is a failure of the system.

I agree.  Some oversight is needed to protect the needy, from the lazy.

I've paid close to $100,000.00 in home and car insurance premiums over the years and have never made a claim until this year when part of my roof blew off. I still had to pay the $1,000 deductible. Other people are less fortunate and probably a few are more fortunate.

It's funny how private enterprise can make insurance work, but government has so many problems doing so.

Again I ask, where did the Framers of the Constitution require government run insurance?  I find it funny that some conservatives think government should run like a business when they have opposite goals.  Private business has a goal of profit, and you know this, so why do I have to say it...
I'm feeling a some anger creep in now, because I think you are being deliberately obtuse, so forgive me if I sound little combative.  I want to have this conversation but I don't want to re-invent the wheel, so let us pretend we understand our argument.

I'll start.  There are many people who do not pay in to SSI, but claim they are f*-ed up and so they can't work.  They receive a check and continue to buy the drugs that f*-ed them up.  The problem is that there are also people who were born with problems, or they were injured later, that prevent them from being productive.  Without an intrusive federal government it is hard to differentiate the needy from the parasites.

Some of the parasites have paid little or nothing for the benefits they receive.  Do you understand my concern here?  and just to be clear, I believe society has a responsibility to care for those who can't care for themselves.  However there are others who believe that to have a strong society, the weak should be weeded out.  I call these scum neo nazis, but many are high minded liberals, sure in their sense of self worth.

I don't have all the answers, but things have got to change, We can't continue to outspend the incoming.

I don't have all the answers either, but Obama said things have to change and his change is worse than Dubya.  Change for the sake of change is stupid change.

I am angry that the world is not how I would have it be.  I am angry that everyone does not agree with me.  We both have strong opinions.  We have, so far, had a cordial, respectful, and (I think) meaningful dialogue on the issues.

Tell me your thoughts.  Tell me your feelings.  Tell me your angry.  Tell me if you feel insulted, but give me the benefit of the doubt that I am trying to understand your point of view and I will do the same.

Thank you for your time.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2016, 01:18:12 pm »
Liz Mair responds.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2016, 01:30:08 pm »
All Trump did with his phony tantrum was knock 3-5 points off his favorables among women.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2016, 01:32:37 pm »
Twitter:

Liz Mair
‏@LizMair

Dear Trumpkin who published my address today, presumably hoping some angry Trumper will come to my house to harrass/assault/kill me/family..
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2016, 01:42:29 pm »
Only if one is convinced that the orange baboon would actually seat a conservative.  Given Trump's liberal leaning tendencies for most of his life, I find that highly doubtful.  The way I see it, with either Trump or Hillary as president we are royally screwed!
Exactly.

Consider two of the most destructive Supreme Court justices of our time: Earl Warren and William Brennan. Both were appointed by a Republican who had zero history in political office before running and won on name recognition and unrelated reputation as a "winner:" General Dwight D. Eisenhower.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2016, 02:13:40 pm »
Exactly.

Consider two of the most destructive Supreme Court justices of our time: Earl Warren and William Brennan. Both were appointed by a Republican who had zero history in political office before running and won on name recognition and unrelated reputation as a "winner:" General Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Well at least Ike actually WAS a winner.   :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2016, 02:15:51 pm »
tRump has many enablers in the msm.  First among them is Sean Hannity.
Wonder how explains this man to his wife and daughter.  NY trash is NY trash and nothing will make him a real man

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2016, 02:21:17 pm »
Wonder how explains this man to his wife and daughter.  NY trash is NY trash and nothing will make him a real man

Nobody has done more than Rush IMO. All trump supporters use this analogies (half truths, really) to reagan, his terminology (GOP-e, establishment, blah blah blah). I heard him defend, in a ridiculous manner, Trump early on, that Trump loves liberty because his business depends on liberty. So asinine and his braindead followers lapped it up like neutered elves.

He was also responsible for the Herman Cain fiasco in 2012, another ridiculous "anti-establishment" candidate.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2016, 02:24:13 pm »
Nobody has done more than Rush IMO. All trump supporters use this analogies (half truths, really) to reagan, his terminology (GOP-e, establishment, blah blah blah). I heard him defend, in a ridiculous manner, Trump early on, that Trump loves liberty because his business depends on liberty. So asinine and his braindead followers lapped it up like neutered elves.

He was also responsible for the Herman Cain fiasco in 2012, another ridiculous "anti-establishment" candidate.

I lost a lot of respect for Rush because of his being a Trump apologist.  All those years of saying that Conservatism was the solution, and then making excuses for a Progressive creep like Trump...

He seems to have come around some, but I doubt I'll ever think the same of him. 

And I'll bet I'm not the only one.

(And I'll probably never listen to Hannity again.  He never was the brightest bulb in the pack, but he's completely lost his mind....)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 02:25:08 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #140 on: March 25, 2016, 02:28:20 pm »
I lost a lot of respect for Rush because of his being a Trump apologist.  All those years of saying that Conservatism was the solution, and then making excuses for a Progressive creep like Trump...

He seems to have come around some, but I doubt I'll ever think the same of him. 

And I'll bet I'm not the only one.

Trump is his Frankenstein monster. Years of drug abuse have dulled his once-keen senses: now the monster is on the loose and threatens to pull the whole show down. Limbaugh knows it but cannot alienate his idiot listeners, so he has to try to be "anti-establishment" (this is a guy who regularly golfs with GOP insiders) and be "anti-Trump" in a gentle way which he might find hard to do.

If Trump gets nominated, and the resultant A-bomb meltdown implosion occurs in November, it will be interesting to see how he blames this on the ever present, ever nefarious GOP-e.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #141 on: March 25, 2016, 02:32:10 pm »

Trump's business doesn't depend on Liberty, it depends on cronyism and rent-seeking. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #142 on: March 25, 2016, 02:33:34 pm »
Trump's business doesn't depend on Liberty, it depends on cronyism and rent-seeking.

BINGO!!!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #143 on: March 25, 2016, 03:57:09 pm »
True. Eisenhower was a LOT more of a man than most.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

A-Lert

« Reply #144 on: March 25, 2016, 08:01:42 pm »

Hillary, the sexual predator enabler is New York trash. How can anybody, but especially any woman vote for such a vile, evil witch? How do you explain her to your daughters, sons and grandchildren?

Offline flowers

« Reply #145 on: March 25, 2016, 09:24:56 pm »
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 3m3 minutes ago

"@11phenomenon: #LyingTed blames @realDonaldTrump for so many things I am starting to think he is having a mental health crisis."
397 retweets 1,029 likes

Online mountaineer

« Reply #146 on: March 25, 2016, 09:28:32 pm »
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 3m3 minutes ago

"@11phenomenon: #LyingTed blames @realDonaldTrump for so many things I am starting to think he is having a mental health crisis."
397 retweets 1,029 likes
It would be a welcome change if the candidates -and all of us - laid off the personal attacks and, instead, focused on issues.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #147 on: March 25, 2016, 09:46:45 pm »
Thanks for standing up for President Eisenhower.

He was a fine career soldier, a fine President. Oh yeah, fine husband and father.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #148 on: March 25, 2016, 09:47:47 pm »
Thanks for standing up for President Eisenhower.

He was a fine career soldier, a fine President. Oh yeah, fine husband and father.

I still like IKE!  :patriot:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #149 on: March 25, 2016, 09:58:53 pm »
I still like IKE!  :patriot:
Me too. And his VP Nixon, who preceded my mother by a few years, at Whittier College. I became politically aware since there was that connection. My mother had grown up in Whittier, and in my first few years my grandparents still lived there.

Later Nixon ran for President in 1960. And I continued to be politically aware. Fast forward to the time I returned from military service overseas, and Nixon had established his Western WH where my parents lived, in San Clemente.

My brother worked building a restaurant for the son of Robert Mardian, in Dana Point. It still stands, and he still owns it. 

I became a Watergate junkie for a time.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln