Author Topic: Trump doubles down on Heidi Cruz attacks  (Read 11585 times)

Bill Cipher

Re: Trump doubles down on Heidi Cruz attacks
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2016, 02:30:43 am »
Just a good laugh at your childish "brilliance"!   The orange baboon

I'm glad you agree with me that Trump is nothing more than an orange baboon.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2016, 02:34:56 am »
I have asked repeatedly that these Trump supporters to provide a rational, cogent argument why any Conservative would support Donald Trump as a potential candidate.  This is a GOP primary.  That was five months ago.   

There has been nothing forthcoming.  There will never be anything forthcoming because there is NO rational, cogent argument to support Donald Trump - a life long NYC Democrat operative, supporter and crony - as a Conservative GOP candidate.

And you have not been alone in doing so my friend!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 02:43:04 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

A-Lert

« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2016, 02:35:37 am »

I'm glad you agree with me that Trump is nothing more than an orange baboon.

You're a little short in the comprehension department. Seems to be an affliction of the anti-Trumps.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2016, 02:36:24 am »
You're a little short in the comprehension department. Seems to be an affliction of the anti-Trumps.

Ri-i-i-i-ght.  Orange baboon.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2016, 02:45:35 am »
I've posted previously that Trump wants to secure the borders, actually vet immigrants rather than give them carte blanche. Halt the flow of Syrian refugees. Reduce the size of government by eliminating and reducing departments. Eliminate restrictive policies to make the US more business friendly. Reduce taxes. Reduce and eliminate foreign aid.

This is an answer.  The rest is unnecessary.

Those of us who are against Trump either disagree that isolationism is conservative, or disagree that Trump can or will make good on his promises.  Some of Trump's pledges are ridiculous like making Mexico pay for a wall, while others are undercut by Trump's words from last year, last week, or his next interview.

But it can not be said you didn't answer why you support Trump.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2016, 02:46:36 am »
Your sef-imposed blindness is truly pathetic.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-releases-position-paper-on-gun-policies/

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/immigration-reform

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/17/us/politics/trump-releases-plan-to-combat-illegal-immigration.html?_r=0

And your willful ignorance of the fact that someone saying he will do a thing is NOT evidence that he will actually do it is evident!! In the case of Donald Trump ALL of the evidence I've seen  indicates that he is playing you and all the other suckers like a cheap fiddle at a barn dance!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2016, 02:54:30 am »
This is an answer.  The rest is unnecessary.

Those of us who are against Trump either disagree that isolationism is conservative, or disagree that Trump can or will make good on his promises.  Some of Trump's pledges are ridiculous like making Mexico pay for a wall, while others are undercut by Trump's words from last year, last week, or his next interview.

But it can not be said you didn't answer why you support Trump.

In a nutshell; I do NOT and CANNOT support Trump because he has NEVER gone into detail about how he will accomplish his goals on any issue nor has he ever voted or done anything to give him any credibility on the issues he brings up.  Without any credibility I have no reason to believe that he will make good on any of his promises.  Secondly, how can one honestly vote to entrust our country to a man when who continually insults and attack others? He is really becoming an embarrassment to the Republican party.Perhaps most importantly, his past support of liberalism negates any credibility that he will act in conservative manner and indicates that he more than likely will seat liberal justices.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

A-Lert

« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2016, 03:00:06 am »
And your willful ignorance of the fact that someone saying he will do a thing is NOT evidence that he will actually do it is evident!! In the case of Donald Trump ALL of the evidence I've seen  indicates that he is playing you and all the other suckers like a cheap fiddle at a barn dance!

Willful ignorance? Like all the broken promises and caves by GOPers over the last two decades? We've been suckered for years and what makes you believe any candidate will do what they say??????  Insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and believing you get a different result.

Have you no confidence in Congress?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2016, 03:02:49 am »
Willful ignorance? Like all the broken promises and caves by GOPers over the last two decades? We've been suckered for years and what makes you believe any candidate will do what they say??????  Insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and believing you get a different result.

Have you no confidence in Congress?

Ted Cruz has ALWAYS done exactly what he promised to do! ALWAYS!  Even at great cost to himself!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2016, 03:04:28 am »
I think you all pretty much hit the nail on the head why a lot of us don't trust him.

Trump says a lot of things, and they are all words, words, words... a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Words mean absolutely nothing if they can't be trusted and the best way to look at the trustworthiness of the words is to look at actions.

Trump, in his actions with his own money and his own businesses show his words now are worthless. He never has acted on anything he promises now- just the opposite.

He says he is against illegal immigration- yet he hires illegal immigrants.
He says he opposes businesses outsourcing- yet his own businesses outsource almost as much, if not more, than they hire domestically.
He says he supports veterans- yet he kicked them off public property in front of his buildings and 4/5ths of the money he raised for veterans charities recently is unaccounted for and not donated to them.
He says he is for hiring US workers- yet in his own businesses he chooses foreign H1B workers over US workers.
He says he is against lobbyists- yet when he names his foreign policy team it is a who's who list of K-street lobbyists, CFR members, and even the current CFR president.
He says he is against cronyism- yet he brags about buying off politicians and through his entire career he has used unethical cronyism practices to build himself up and destroy his competition.

That's just a couple of examples. On and on, almost every issue he claims to stand for now he has either taken multiple stances on it, often within the same week, or his own actions show his stance is just words.

He is simply using truthful hyperbole to 'make the deal' with who he is selling to now- aka, The Art of the Deal, and just like that, the truth doesn't matter, just closing the deal does- if you close the deal, it is easier to fix untruths than never closing the deal. (I wonder how many people who say the words 'The Art of the Deal' actually have read his book?).

« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 03:05:47 am by AbaraXas »

A-Lert

« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2016, 03:07:48 am »
In a nutshell; I do NOT and CANNOT support Trump because he has NEVER gone into detail about how he will accomplish his goals on any issue nor has he ever voted or done anything to give him any credibility on the issues he brings up.  Without any credibility I have no reason to believe that he will make good on any of his promises.  Secondly, how can one honestly vote to entrust our country to a man when who continually insults and attack others? He is really becoming an embarrassment to the Republican party.Perhaps most importantly, his past support of liberalism negates any credibility that he will act in conservative manner and indicates that he more than likely will seat liberal justices.

The GOP has failed us for two decades. What makes you think things will be different if we elect more politicians. What credibility does the GOP congress have?

Past support. People change. You know as well as I do that there have been some pretty famous people in politics that have changed parties.

I have no fear that if elected POTUS, Trump would appoint liberals to the Supreme Court.  Roberts isn't exactly a conservative, is he?

« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2016, 03:16:33 am »
The GOP has failed us for two decades. What makes you think things will be different if we elect more politicians. What credibility does the GOP congress have?
Yes.  Why would we want State Legislators and Governors to become US Congressmen, Senators, and Presidents?  I would also like to see more inexperienced amateur doctors, firefighters, and cops.

We have had trained firefighters for many years yet there are still fires.  There is still cancer.  The doctors have failed us.

A-Lert

« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2016, 03:29:23 am »
Yes.  Why would we want State Legislators and Governors to become US Congressmen, Senators, and Presidents?  I would also like to see more inexperienced amateur doctors, firefighters, and cops.

We have had trained firefighters for many years yet there are still fires.  There is still cancer.  The doctors have failed us.

Why do so many people want term limits? Why is so little accomplished in our nations capitol? Why is our national debt approaching 20 TRILLION DOLLARS? What the hell kind of training provides such pathetic results.

At least  firefighters put out fires and doctors treat cancer patients,  many times making them better or more comfortable.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2016, 03:48:07 am »
I share your frustration and anger Arne, but keep in mind that DC, Alicewonders, truth_seeker, RIV, and other Trump supporters on this forum are frustrated and angry too.  They voted for McCain and Romney, and they may suspect you support Hillary.  They may be wrong, but they are not your enemy...in a different time they would be your allies.  The GOP is in the midst of a civil war and these people were our brothers and sisters.

A-Lert is too new for me to judge with any confidence, he rubs me the wrong way too, but I liken him to the Trump side version of SneakyPete.  He has come in all guns blazing to prove himself.  Give him time and he may temper his actions with further experience.

I hope your non-political life is going better.

Thanks for the adult commentary. Such a refreshing break, from what has become all too ordinary here.

For the record yet another time, I will vote for the eventual GOP nominee, no matter who it is.

I assure you there is a phrase that will not cross the lips of the brilliant young constitutional genius from Alberta:

"California values."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2016, 03:49:06 am »
Why do so many people want term limits? Why is so little accomplished in our nations capitol? Why is our national debt approaching 20 TRILLION DOLLARS? What the hell kind of training provides such pathetic results.

At least  firefighters put out fires and doctors treat cancer patients,  many times making them better or more comfortable.

Why do people want term limits?  The popularity( or lack thereof) of term limits is irrelevant to me, so perhaps another poster will tackle that.

Why is so little accomplished in our nations capitol?  Because that is how the Framers of the Constitution wanted it.  They wanted a government with checks and balances that it made it very hard to accomplish anything.

Why is our national debt approaching 20 TRILLION DOLLARS?  Again, I'm probably not the best person to answer this because I care very little about the national debt, but my answer would be that the entitlements that Trump defends are the major cause of our national debt.

What the hell kind of training provides such pathetic results.  You frame the question poorly.  The US is the world's only super power.  Our economy, quality of life, and military are the envy of the world.  One must look at America in a vacuum to ultimately conclude pathetic results.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2016, 04:01:19 am »
Why do people want term limits?  The popularity( or lack thereof) of term limits is irrelevant to me, so perhaps another poster will tackle that.

Why is so little accomplished in our nations capitol?  Because that is how the Framers of the Constitution wanted it.  They wanted a government with checks and balances that it made it very hard to accomplish anything.

Why is our national debt approaching 20 TRILLION DOLLARS?  Again, I'm probably not the best person to answer this because I care very little about the national debt, but my answer would be that the entitlements that Trump defends are the major cause of our national debt.

What the hell kind of training provides such pathetic results.  You frame the question poorly.  The US is the world's only super power.  Our economy, quality of life, and military are the envy of the world.  One must look at America in a vacuum to ultimately conclude pathetic results.

I will opine that our national debt is mainly two things:

--Providing the super power military to police the world

--Lack of political will, to pay for the entitlements with higher personal income or other taxes

Regarding the first, we figure it is our own national security interest to have such a great and expensive force

Regarding the second, it is quite true that Scandinavians are among the world's most happy citizens, with their cradle-to-grave safety net, and commensurate high taxes.

« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2016, 04:05:58 am »
Thanks for the adult commentary. Such a refreshing break, from what has become all too ordinary here.

For the record yet another time, I will vote for the eventual GOP nominee, no matter who it is.

I guess I'm that last stage of grief, and I now feel embarrassed over some of the posts I have made.  Neither of us created the world we live in, but we both live in it, and make our choices.  If the election was today I couldn't vote for Trump.  He will have to work very hard to earn my vote, and he has time to do that, but if past is prologue he will fail.

I assure you there is a phrase that will not cross the lips of the brilliant young constitutional genius from Alberta:

"California values."
Things look promising for Trump supporters, but if the GOP convention is brokered and Senator Cruz is the nominee you may find yourself in an untenable choice too.

« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2016, 04:09:28 am »

--Lack of political will, to pay for the entitlements with higher personal income or other taxes

Regarding the first, we figure it is our own national security interest to have such a great and expensive force

Regarding the second, it is quite true that Scandinavians are among the world's most happy citizens, with their cradle-to-grave safety net, and commensurate high taxes.

That is a pretty good answer.  I can't fault your logic.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2016, 04:14:03 am »
....but if the GOP convention is brokered and Senator Cruz is the nominee you may find yourself in an untenable choice too.

I repeat, I will vote for the eventual GOP nominee. While Cruz suits a narrow fraction of the total electorate, he will get clobbered by the dems, unless something major changes.

His stand that it should be against the law for a female, who is raped, to obtain a legal abortion will be shouted from the rooftops, and his crazy dad and Beck will be used to reinforce that he is a religious fanatics way beyond the nation's mainstream.

That is my prediction.

A-Lert

« Reply #120 on: March 25, 2016, 04:22:54 am »

Trump has never voted on an entitlement. What entitlements does he defend. Can you name them? You and I both know social security is not an entitlement.

Did the framers of the Constitution want us giving foreign aid? Obamacare? Departments of Education, Environment, HHS or HUD? Where are the checks and balances? National debt nearly 20 trillion dollars.

The vacuum is between the ears of those who are complacent and don't want to make America better.

« Reply #121 on: March 25, 2016, 04:24:21 am »
I repeat, I will vote for the eventual GOP nominee. While Cruz suits a narrow fraction of the total electorate, he will get clobbered by the dems, unless something major changes.

His stand that it should be against the law for a female, who is raped, to obtain a legal abortion will be shouted from the rooftops, and his crazy dad and Beck will be used to reinforce that he is a religious fanatics way beyond the nation's mainstream.

That is my prediction.

I gave up predictions for Lent.  My past predictions have not been so hot anyways.

Senator Cruz is too conservative for my taste as well.  All of my more acceptable choice have fallen by the wayside.  2 years ago I was one of Senator Cruz's biggest detractors, but I believe I know where he stands on the issues and that gives me comfort.  That is not to say he has been completely consistent, but I could vote for him for President with only a slight pause.  I hope he becomes the nominee but I do not expect it.

A-Lert

« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2016, 04:30:46 am »

« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2016, 04:46:55 am »
Trump has never voted on an entitlement. What entitlements does he defend. Can you name them? You and I both know social security is not an entitlement.

Some people do consider SS an entitlement.  I'll just call it a Ponzi-scheme.

http://www.cato.org/blog/trump-should-do-homework-entitlements

The Washington Post today discusses how presidential candidate Donald Trump is dismissing the need for major entitlement reforms. The paper noted, “… leading Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump railed against proposals to end or significantly change Medicare.”

Trump said, “You can’t get rid of Medicare. It’d be a horrible thing to get rid of. It actually works. You get rid of the fraud, waste and abuse — it works.”

Mr. Trump seems sure that it’s easy to fix Washington with tough talk and a little elbow grease. I admire his confidence, but he needs to do his homework on the entitlement programs.

Because the Obama administration has buried its head in the sand on the entitlement crisis, the next administration will face very ugly budget projections when it comes into office in 2017. The chart below shows the explosive CBO projections for the three largest entitlements. Over the next two presidential terms, spending is expected to grow 62 percent on Social Security, 73 percent on Medicare, and 45 percent on Medicaid.

Without needed cuts, Social Security will become a $1 trillion program in 2018, and Medicare will top $1 trillion by 2022. These programs are only “working” to put the next generation of taxpayers into the poor house.

As for “fraud, waste and abuse” in the health programs, the cause is same as the cause of the explosive growth. That is, the open-ended and top-down structure of the programs that funnels vast funds to doctors and hospitals. The way to slow the rapid growth and cut the waste is to move to a system of consumer-driven health care based on individual vouchers, savings, and competition.

Did the framers of the Constitution want us giving foreign aid? Obamacare? Departments of Education, Environment, HHS or HUD? Where are the checks and balances? National debt nearly 20 trillion dollars.

Foriegn aid dates back to WWI.  Housing aid dates back to the U.S. Housing Act of 1937.  HHS dates back to the Social Security Act of 1935.  In short these are not new issues and the people who argued and fought for these things are long dead.  It is not Rubio's fault.  It is not Cruz's fault,  It is not the Establishment's fault.
The vacuum is between the ears of those who are complacent and don't want to make America better.

Why must you go there?  Have we not had a pleasant conversation?  Do you really believe I want a worse America for my children?  Do you think anyone posting here doesn't want to make America great? 

I believe Trump will be a terrible President, but I do not believe you think that.  I do not think you are purposefully ruining the future.

"L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés ou désirs" - Hell is full of good intentions and wishes -  Saint Bernard of Clairvaux

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #124 on: March 25, 2016, 04:57:42 am »
Rubio supporters sure are sore losers.

Thank you A-Lert for admitting this wasn't put out by Cruz or his supporters!

I don't know if you intended that, but we'll take painting yourself into a corner anytime!
The Republic is lost.