Author Topic: Todd Palin In Intensive Care Following ‘Very Serious’ Snowmobile Accident [Breaking]  (Read 4028 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
http://www.inquisitr.com/2888159/todd-palin-in-intensive-care-following-very-serious-snow-mobile-accident-breaking/#w6O92rrUqwmPdVBd.99

Todd Palin has been hospitalized following a “very serious” snowmobile accident. According to CNN, Sarah Palin’s husband is in the intensive care unit after the accident which occurred in Alaska on Monday night. Although Sarah Palin has not given any kind of update on her husband’s condition, she has canceled her upcoming appearances campaigning for Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump.

“Todd Palin was in a bad snow machine accident last night and is currently hospitalized. Gov. Palin is returning to Alaska to be with her husband and looks forward to being back on the campaign trail soon. Mr. Trump’s thoughts and prayers are with the Palin family at this time,” read a statement from Trump’s camp.

The extent of Todd Palin’s injuries are unknown at this time. According to NBC News, Sarah Palin will be making one stop on the campaign trail today in Tampa, Florida, before she flies back home to be with Todd. This suggests that his injuries are not life-threatening. Sources have said, however, that Todd Palin was “badly” injured.

A source close to Sarah Palin did state that her decision to stay in Tampa for a little longer was due to her inability to book a flight back home. She has been in contact with her husband’s doctors all day.

“The former Alaska governor will stop by a Trump town hall in Tampa but has canceled her other planned appearances with the GOP frontrunner, whom she endorsed earlier this year. She has been in contact with medical personnel and will be traveling back to Alaska today, [a] source said.”

Senator Ted Cruz tweeted his well wishes for Todd just a short time ago.

Check back for more details as they become available.
The Republic is lost.

Offline musiclady

Prayers for Todd and the whole Palin family.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
That is a seriously dangerous sport, even for someone as experienced as him.

Online mountaineer

Sorry to hear that. Prayers for healing.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

HAPPY2BME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA-2rsunbps

Published on Mar 14, 2016

While speaking at a Donald Trump event in Tampa, Florida, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin mentions her husband Todd's recovery from a snow machine crash in Alaska.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Palin Cancels Trump Event After Husband in 'Serious' Snow Machine Crash

by Alex Moe and Ali Vitali

Sarah Palin canceled a campaign stop for Donald Trump in Florida on Monday after her husband Todd was injured in a snowmobile crash in Alaska.

A source told NBC News that Todd Palin was in "a very serious" crash Sunday night and is currently hospitalized in intensive care.

In a brief unplanned appearance before Trump's afternoon event in Tampa, Palin referenced the "little wreck" and thanked audience members for their prayers.

more at:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/palin-cancels-trump-event-after-husband-serious-snow-machine-crash-n537976
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

HAPPY2BME

Sure she was emotional.  She just left her husband in an IE unit to fly over seven thousand miles to 'tell it like it is.'

Rough around the edges, but sounding loud and clear.

Offline ArneFufkin

Sure she was emotional.  She just left her husband in an IE unit to fly over seven thousand miles to 'tell it like it is.'

Rough around the edges, but sounding loud and clear.

Was Todd Palin in a competitive race when injured?

Offline Frank Cannon

I don't know about anyone else but I sure as hell wouldn't be dicking around at some political event if my spouse was in the hospital.

This seems weird to me.

A-Lert

Was Todd Palin in a competitive race when injured?

No

http://www.adn.com/article/20160314/todd-palin-expected-recover-snowmachine-crash-injuries

“My husband was out snowmachinining. ...  [He had] a little wreck on a snowmachine ... a big wreck,” she told the crowd in Tampa.

In the 2008 Iron Dog, Todd Palin broke his arm in a high-speed crash, thrown roughly 70 feet when his snowmachine hit a barrel hidden by snow. But he and Davis still finished in fourth place.

Asked about Sunday's crash, Matanuska-Susitna Borough spokeswoman Patty Sullivan said medics received a report of a single-snowmachine crash at about 8 p.m. Sunday. They responded to Cubby's Marketplace on the Parks Highway, just south of its junction with the Talkeetna Spur Road, where the patient -- whose name wasn't being released by the borough, due to patient-confidentiality laws -- was taken after the crash.

"(W)e can only confirm that borough responders arrived at a snowmobile accident in the Talkeetna area to help a rider with serious injuries," Sullivan wrote in an email Monday. "The person was transported to Mat-Su (Regional) Medical Center."

Offline sinkspur

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/03/14/sarah-palin-husband-icu-right-now-made-realize-important-electing-trump/

Sarah Palin: My Husband is in ICU Right Now Which Made me Realize How Important Electing Trump Is (VIDEO)

By: Leon H. Wolf (Diary)  |  March 14th, 2016 at 03:40 PM  |  15

So earlier today, there was some confusion about Sarah Palin’s attendance at a Donald Trump rally. The Trump campaign announced that Palin’s appearance was cancelled with a bizarrely abrupt statement that offered no reason for the cancellation. Some time passed, and I wrote up a piece theorizing (based on the wording of Trump’s statement) that Trump might be done with using Palin for his rallies since he basically has Christie to perform that job now.

Almost immediately after that post went up, the news reports came out indicating that Sarah Palin’s husband Todd was in a “serious” snowmobile accident and was in the ICU. I promptly updated the post, struck through all the material I had posted, and removed it from the front page. I don’t want to be an insensitive clot when someone is going through a genuine family emergency, after all.

So imagine my surprise when I turned on my television about 30 minutes later, and there was Sarah Palin speaking on behalf of Trump. I’m going to put a portion of the video here, and a transcript of her remarks, and just leave them here without comment.

Palin: It’s good to be here, thawing out, from Alaska. Literally, I’m thawing out. Before getting on a flight up here, I was ice fishing on my frozen lake. And my husband was out snowmachining, and thank you guys for your prayers for my husband who is recovering right now in ICU after a little wreck on a snowmachine, so thank you. Big wreck. Thank you. But, uh, you know, when real life happens, right? When somebody is sick in your family, there’s an accident that happens, all these struggles… all these real life issues that happen, it really puts things in perspective, doesn’t it? And doesn’t it make you appreciate your time? Time is our most valuable resource. And it makes me appreciate the time that we have to spend in doing something so worthy, and that’s to get Donald J. Trump elected President. And what we don’t have time for is all that petty, punk ass little thuggery stuff that’s been going on with these quote-unquote protesters who are doing nothing but wasting your time.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

This would be satire if it actually hadn't been said in real life.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

Oh, Sarah, don't do this.  Your attention should be on your husband, not on the despicable Donald.......   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WOW..... :nometalk:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Oh, Sarah, don't do this.  Your attention should be on your husband, not on the despicable Donald.......   **nononono*

Agreed. Didn't she endorse Trump the night or night after her son was arrested?  I felt she should have been with her son.  Perhaps he's promised her a cabinet position?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

A-Lert

Agreed. Didn't she endorse Trump the night or night after her son was arrested?  I felt she should have been with her son.  Perhaps he's promised her a cabinet position?

Why? He's 26 years old. He's not a child.

HAPPY2BME

"(W)e can only confirm that borough responders arrived at a snowmobile accident in the Talkeetna area to help a rider with serious injuries," Sullivan wrote in an email Monday. "The person was transported to Mat-Su (Regional) Medical Center."

==============================

That's a great hospital.

Offline Frank Cannon

Why? He's 26 years old. He's not a child.

True, but she did argue that the reason he was in jail was because he has issues relating to his service. Isn't family there to take care of their own so Govt' doesn't have to?

A-Lert

True, but she did argue that the reason he was in jail was because he has issues relating to his service. Isn't family there to take care of their own so Govt' doesn't have to?

He was in jail because of his actions. Had he been released to the family all hell would have let loose and you know it.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Cannot believe the savagery displayed here, for Sarah Palin.

OTOH...the way you've all been acting lately...yeah, maybe I can.    :whistle: 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

A-Lert

Cannot believe the savagery displayed here, for Sarah Palin.

OTOH...the way you've all been acting lately...yeah, maybe I can.    :whistle:

First it was Christie, next Carson and now Palin. I know I've missed some. So childish and demeaning. Who'd have thought "conservatives" would lower themselves to democrat depths?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Prayers for the Palin family.  Like most of us, sounds like they need 'em.

Offline R4 TrumPence

She was already in Tampa when she found out. Todayvnews said she finally got a flight for later in the day.  I mean really, you know how hard it is to get a flight to Alaska from Fla?

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
From the story-
A source close to Sarah Palin did state that her decision to stay in Tampa for a little longer was due to her inability to book a flight back home. She has been in contact with her husband’s doctors all day.

Did anyone read the story - it says right there why she was at that rally and not on her way to Alaska.  I think some people's tone here would have been more sympathetic if she hadn't endorsed Trump.  Sad.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!