Author Topic: Todd Palin In Intensive Care Following ‘Very Serious’ Snowmobile Accident [Breaking]  (Read 4035 times)

A-Lert

I've been complaining about that one - for quite some time now.   **nononono*

The insults and derogatory comments just keep coming.  It's a direct reflection on the people  who post them.

Online mountaineer

Besides the lack of flights from Fla to Alaska, it also may be that in her conversations with hospital staff, Todd got word to her that it was okay with him if she went to the rally she had promised.

As one who does not support Trump, I admit to being disappointed that Palin endorsed him, but other than that mild disappointment, I really couldn't care less about it. She certainly is free to support whomever she likes. I hope her husband heals quickly and she has a safe trip back home. Does that sound like "TDS" to anyone? Sorry if I just can't be hateful enough to satisfy anyone's broad but baseless generalizations.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That's the type of reasoning that has the Govt' expanding at an ever increasing speed. This wasn't a pity party. This was a dude slapping around his woman and then waving a gun around in HER (Sarah Palin's) house in what appears to be a suicide attempt.

Sounds to me like a perfect example of a pity party. "HEY EVERYBODY,LOOK AT ME,I'M HURT AND MAD!"

What he needs is to have his ass locked up,not have his mama fly thousands of miles to hold his hand and weep.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Then there is this crap.

Donald Trump Mocks Todd Palin’s Injury (VIDEO)

It’s a rough day to be Todd Palin. First, you get into a severe snowmachining accident and you end up in the ICU. Your wife initially says she’s going to fly back and be with you, but then says it’s more important to stay in Florida to “help” Donald Trump get elected President....

Now, to add insult to injury (literally), you turn on your TV, and the guy your wife has left you to go campaign for says this:

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/03/14/donald-trump-mocks-todd-palins-injury-video/

Offline Carling

Then there is this crap.

You were referring to the crap you posted from Redstate that has already been debunked, right?  Palin was in Florida when Todd got injured. Not in Alaska as the TDS Gang posted in this thread.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 02:58:01 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You were referring to the crap you posted from Redstate that has already been debunked, right?  Palin was in Florida when Todd got injured. Not in Alaska as the TDS Gang posted in this thread.

Yes, you guys need to stop posting unsubstantiated rumors.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm responsible for the 'savage' remark.  I apologize.

All it took were a "couple of mildly insensitive....remarks" from the notorious members not at all fond of Sarah Palin to set me off.

Was fully aware that it was because she couldn't book a flight to rush back to Alaska...as the reason for her being at the Trump venue.

Carry on....I guess.    :shrug:

Fully expected Trump to charter her a private jet to get home ASAP.

But alas, I forget how Donald's Trump mind, today, is on a myriad of other things.

Apology accepted.  Given the level of emoting around here lately, that is gracious of you.

Offline musiclady

Is anybody mad at me??  Cause I'm praying for Todd and Sarah and I like them both.   :patriot:

Are there any updates?  I remember when Greta Van Susteren kept calling Todd "The First Dude."

I really hope he's OK, and will heal from his injuries......   :0001:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Prayers for the Palin family. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

A-Lert

What a load of BS. Have you read the posts about Nikky Haley when she endorsed Rubio, or the posts about Jeb Bush, or GWB, or Rubio all who I admire. Those were insults. Personally, I like Sarah and I pray for her husband.

Did I post the insults? I'm keeping a list of all those directed at Trump and his supporters. Are you now claiming, sheep, shill, dupe, fool, lack of moral character and scammer aqren't insults? 

A-Lert

Of course your keeping "the list" of the insults against Trump, he is your guy. But it goes both ways and your words It's a direct reflection on the people  who post them. apply to both sides.

Again, I end with my prayers for Sarah and her husband and wish for him a speedy recovery.

Did I post the insults?

Offline R4 TrumPence

Will you all just SHUT UP!!!
This is thread for Todd Palin and some of posts are appalling!
If you don't like Sarah and Todd, just stay off the damn thread!

FROM THIS POINT ON...if your post is not abt Todd's health, or well wishes, your posts will be deleted!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline musiclady

Here's a recent update:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/todd-palin-in-intensive-care-after-snowmobile-accident/ar-BBqtF4m?ocid=ansmsnnews11

“Todd Palin is in intensive care at an Alaskan hospital with injuries including multiple broken and fractured ribs, broken shoulder blade, broken clavicle, knee/leg injuries; and a collapsed lung,” Palin wrote. “He is presently back in surgery to repair multiple fractures. Thank you for your prayers for a speedy recovery. We, as his wife and children, appreciate your respect for our privacy during this time. Knowing Todd, once he’s cognizant, he’ll probably ask docs to duct tape him up and he’ll call it good. He’s tough.”

The quote is from Sarah's FB page.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Here's a recent update:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/todd-palin-in-intensive-care-after-snowmobile-accident/ar-BBqtF4m?ocid=ansmsnnews11

The quote is from Sarah's FB page.

Wow.  That's quite a list of injuries.  It's very difficult to break a shoulder blade; takes a lot of force.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Hopefully the head bone was inside a helmet. The head bone is (nearly) connected to the collar bone. And the head bone is (nearly) connected to the shoulder blade bone.

Getting slammed badly enough to fracture the collar bone, the shoulder blade, multiple ribs means a massive collision. Hopefully no spinal cord impact.

Long and painful recovery. Chance to get strung out on opioid pain meds.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

Wow.  That's quite a list of injuries.  It's very difficult to break a shoulder blade; takes a lot of force.

I came close to fracturing mine.  X-ray looked like it, MRI proved it wasn't.  And yes, it was a lot of force.

But I didn't break practically everything else in my body when I fell.

Todd's in very bad shape, and really needs our prayers.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
My first thought on reading that was "What the hell sort of snow machine was he driving! One with rocket assist?"

That is quite a laundry list of breakages.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

Hopefully the head bone was inside a helmet. The head bone is (nearly) connected to the collar bone. And the head bone is (nearly) connected to the shoulder blade bone.

Getting slammed badly enough to fracture the collar bone, the shoulder blade, multiple ribs means a massive collision. Hopefully no spinal cord impact.

Long and painful recovery. Chance to get strung out on opioid pain meds.

Todd's an experienced snowmobiler.  I'm sure he had a helmet on, and I would guess it's the only reason he's alive.

And you're right about bringing up the pain med problem.  It's going to be a long, long recovery, and I hope the Drs. will watch him carefully to avoid addiction.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

And you're right about bringing up the pain med problem.  It's going to be a long, long recovery, and I hope the Drs. will watch him carefully to avoid addiction.
Remember Rush Limbo ??  Most MDs have little skill about the pain med issue. The ortho surgeon says take the meds, you have legitimate pain.

But the ortho surgeon often will leave the patient on the meds as long as the patient says that he needs them. That is the rub. In just days the patient IS addicted. He THINKS he needs them.

I took opioid pain meds for four weeks in connection with a shoulder fracture and surgery. I hated the way they made me feel.

Two weeks after surgery I told the PA (physicians assistant) I wanted to get off the meds. It was me that forced the issue. Even then he prescribed reduced potency as a back up plan, if I could not get off cold turkey.

We all know Sarah Palin to be a very strong woman. In my view she needs to plan on being close by for months, to help him not just physically, but mentally to get off those nasty meds asap.

(Thru that experience I now know I can get off the meds in a couple of days, not a couple of months or even longer)

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

Remember Rush Limbo ??  Most MDs have little skill about the pain med issue. The ortho surgeon says take the meds, you have legitimate pain.

But the ortho surgeon often will leave the patient on the meds as long as the patient says that he needs them. That is the rub. In just days the patient IS addicted. He THINKS he needs them.

I took opioid pain meds for four weeks in connection with a shoulder fracture and surgery. I hated the way they made me feel.

Two weeks after surgery I told the PA (physicians assistant) I wanted to get off the meds. It was me that forced the issue. Even then he prescribed reduced potency as a back up plan, if I could not get off cold turkey.

We all know Sarah Palin to be a very strong woman. In my view she needs to plan on being close by for months, to help him not just physically, but mentally to get off those nasty meds asap.

(Thru that experience I now know I can get off the meds in a couple of days, not a couple of months or even longer)

I know about the pain med addiction because it happened to my Dad after a hip replacement.  Horrible stuff.  (Glad you forced the issue yourself............ that took a lot of courage).

I completely agree that Sarah needs to be by his side.  I think their marriage is a strong one, and her strength will help him through.

She needs to BE there for him.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

You know, my friend - you get more admirable the more I get to know you.  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Do what I do,don't take them when you think you don't need them anymore,and tell the doctor you are still taking them.

Granted,this can sometimes be hard to do if you are still in the hospital. The trick is to never let them even suspect you want to quit taking them because if you get vocal about it,they will watch you like a hawk.

Doctors and nurses (especially nurses) in a hospital setting want people in pain to stay as sedated as possible because they are easier to handle and less demanding. Their job is usually to focus on making sure you don't move around and open your stitches or re-injure yourself.

YOUR job is to remember that "Pain is my friend because it reminds me that I am injured and it keeps me from doing anything stupid."
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 07:57:41 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Do what I do,don't take them when you think you don't need them anymore,and tell the doctor you are still taking them.

Granted,this can sometimes be hard to do if you are still in the hospital. The trick is to never let them even suspect you want to quit taking them because if you get vocal about it,they will watch you like a hawk.

Doctors and nurses (especially nurses) in a hospital setting want people in pain to stay as sedated as possible because they are easier to handle and less demanding. Their job is usually to focus on making sure you don't move around and open your stitches or re-injure yourself.

YOUR job is to remember that "Pain is my friend because it reminds me that I am injured and it keeps me from doing anything stupid."

:thumbsup:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

Really good point!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 08:30:15 pm by musiclady »