Author Topic: Todd Palin In Intensive Care Following ‘Very Serious’ Snowmobile Accident [Breaking]  (Read 4026 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Can anybody describe the 'high' how a person appears when they're on oxycodone and "the other one"...can't remember its name.

Have a close friend that's been going through hell dealing with a double fracture of his leg since July 4, 2014.

He swears he not even taking Tylenol but his history and reputation say otherwise. 

I understand it eventually shuts down bowel movements, etc..

Is it irritability?  Fast speech?

Saw him in person for the first time in about 3 months and he's gotten much more muscular in his upper body....like he's been spending hours everyday in his home gym. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Other way, my friend. When a person is on Oxy or Perc, their pupils shrink to points and they seem half asleep/not all there. Anxious and can't be bothered with anything in turns are the other big sign.

And don't worry about your mate looking like he's been working out - when you smash up a leg you tend to get ripped in your upper body. It's doing all it's own work plus most of the leg's work too. Last time I was laid up with an unusable leg, I wound up with a sixpack and shoulders that belonged in a competition! Just a pity they didn't last!  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Lando Lincoln

Long and painful recovery. Chance to get strung out on opioid pain meds.

Yes, that's gonna hurt awhile.  Good news is he can recover, maybe fully.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Really good point!

Pain is Mother Nature's way of shouting "WATCH IT,STUPID!",and she WILL be obeyed. You listen to her/your body,and obey the demands,and chances are you will heal very quickly. Screw up and sedate yourself to the point where the pain pretty much disappears,and you only make your original injury worse and take longer to heal. IF you are lucky enough you didn't do permanent damage while doped up.

BTW,I am NOT anti-drug,and I am under no delusions about always being about to "man up and tough it out" when in pain. I don't give a rats ass how tough you think you are,there are levels of pain out there I call "I want my mama!" pain levels,and when you reach one of them,you will take anything you can get your hands on to ease it down a few notches. Ask anyone that has ever had kidney stones if you don't believe me. I am sure there must be something more painful than kidney stones,but I don't even want to hear rumors about them. Let it come as a surprise.

Which brings to mind another truth. There is no such critter as a free lunch. Not even with drugs. The more you take them,the less effective they are at blocking pain. You have to be a complete fool to allow that to happen to yourself. Never take any more than the minimum amount of painkiller that you need to make the pain manageable,and stop taking it all together as soon as possible. That way if you are so unfortunate as to need pain relief in the future,instant pain relief will be there.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 10:20:42 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline musiclady

Pain is Mother Nature's way of shouting "WATCH IT,STUPID!",and she WILL be obeyed. You listen to her/your body,and obey the demands,and chances are you will heal very quickly. Screw up and sedate yourself to the point where the pain pretty much disappears,and you only make your original injury worse and take longer to heal. IF you are lucky enough you didn't do permanent damage while doped up.

BTW,I am NOT anti-drug,and I am under no delusions about always being about to "man up and tough it out" when in pain. I don't give a rats ass how tough you think you are,there are levels of pain out there I call "I want my mama!" pain levels,and when you reach one of them,you will take anything you can get your hands on to ease it down a few notches. Ask anyone that has ever had kidney stones if you don't believe me. I am sure there must be something more painful than kidney stones,but I don't even want to hear rumors about them. Let it come as a surprise.

Which brings to mind another truth. There is no such critter as a free lunch. Not even with drugs. The more you take them,the less effective they are at blocking pain. You have to be a complete fool to allow that to happen to yourself. Never take any more than the minimum amount of painkiller that you need to make the pain manageable,and stop taking it all together as soon as possible. That way if you are so unfortunate as to need pain relief in the future,instant pain relief will be there.

I'll tell you one thing worse than kidney stones............. childbirth! ..................... and I guarantee, it will never sneak up and surprise you.  ^-^

But yes, to all you said.  Take as little as possible, but take some at first because pain due to an injury does beget pain and the more tense you get from the pain, the more pain you have.  But once it's under control, get off as soon as you can.

I've never taken a full prescript of pain meds, and I only had an epidural for the first of four kids and nothing for the rest.

Aware is the way to go.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.